GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs

+11
davetherave
beerandsens
asq2
shabbs
wprager
Tuk Tuk
SensGirl11
Amnesia021
PTFlea
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 10]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Tuk Tuk wrote:
marakh wrote:
N4L wrote:
asq2 wrote:Colorado too, no? Even Phoenix looks pretty good. NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs - Page 10 270956

Yet more proof that pre-season predictions are useless.

Colorado nor Pheonix will make the playoffs, haha.

NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs - Page 10 7438

Well hey now, no one thought Phoenix would make the playoffs NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs - Page 10 159628

Get outta here NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs - Page 10 270956

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There were more than a couple of people adamant that the Sens would make it in 5th. Pretty impressive right now.

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

SensGirl11 wrote:Alright, I want to join in on the fun too!! NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs - Page 10 50327

East

Philadelphia
Boston
Washington
Pittsburgh
Ottawa - I'm beginning to think this is becoming more possible NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs - Page 10 563556 (but, I will not set myself up for heartbreak if it doesn't)
Carolina
New Jersey
Tampa - my dark horse pick for 8th...you never know
Montreal fighting as well for that spot

West

Chicago
San Jose
Vancouver
Detroit
Anaheim
Calgary
Dallas
Columbus
The last 2 are a crapshoot for sure...no idea.

Wow, my East predictions are terrible. The West is a little better. Mind you, I think 4 of the teams I have there aren't even close to playoffs.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

1.Philadelphia(6)
2.Boston(8)
3.Washington(1)
4.Pittsburgh(2)
5.Montreal(7)
6.Ottawa(5)
7.New Jersey(4)
8.Carolina(11)
---------------
9.Florida(13)
10.Tampa Bay(14)
11.Atlanta(9)
12.New York(10)
13.Buffalo(3)
14.Toronto(15)
15.Long Island(12)

1.Chicago(2)
2.Vancouver(3)
3.Anaheim(11)
4.Detroit(6)
5.San Jose(1)
6.Calgary(9)
7.Columbus(14)
8.Phoenix(4)
---------------
9.Nashville(5)
10.St. Louis(10)
11.Minnesota(12)
12.Edmonton(15)
13.Los Angeles(7)
14.Dallas(13)
15.Colorado(8)

Terrible with the West, but I was pretty close with the East

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:EAST
Philadelphia
Boston
Washington
Pittsburgh
New Jersey
Carolina
Ottawa
Montreal
-----------------
Tampa Bay
Toronto
NY Rangers
Buffalo
Atlanta
Florida
New York Isles

WEST

Chicago
San Jose
Vancouver
Detroit
Anaheim
Calgary
Columbus
St. Louis
--------------------

Dallas
Los Angeles
Edmonton
Minnesota
Nashville
Phoenix
Colorado

I had no idea the teams in the West would crap the bed so badly. It's odd, I was ranting and raving about how much I liked the Coyotes in another prediction thread, but here I put them 14th. NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs - Page 10 489887

Sorry Buffalo. I underestimated how hot Miller could get.

Gohan wrote:
N4L wrote:
CCgotITcovered wrote:Go bold or go home NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs - Page 10 301182

I'm not convinced with my picks for 8th (I would put that as 8-11th because all 4 teams in those spaces could make it over the others) but I'm confident about the top-7 in each conference.

I'm pretty much with you, don't like Atlanta as much as I did with Zherdev in their lineup. Lehtonen will prob get injured too, haha.

NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs - Page 10 668437 yeah probably...Pavelec has a lot to prove, but he's got a ton of skill...If it happens, I wouldn't bet against Pav or Hedberg taking the reins and running with it.

Conversely, I'm not with you on Carolina...I can vibe with the rest of both conferences, but I just can't get behind Carolina. Not convinced...
Gohan wrote:
N4L wrote:I'm not either but they always seem to make some noise.

Not really NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs - Page 10 42360 other than last year, they missed the playoffs two years running. If we follow their post-lockout trend, then they may be a lottery team this year. I mean, they won the Cup, missed the playoffs. Last year they didn't even make the Finals NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs - Page 10 718821 maybe they do disappear completely NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs - Page 10 455378
My standings were Dung (BUF and NJD were not supposed to be that good NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs - Page 10 Icon_sad that's the last time I bet against a world class goalie...even if he is 85 years old...) but did I have Carolina's number or what!? Boo-Yah!

Gohan wrote:Oh yeah. If Washington can avoid putting their 4.5 million dollar mistake into their crease, then they'll challenge for the top. I still believe in Philly, but if they are better on paper than on the ice, then WAS should take the conference with PIT right behind them. I put Ottawa in 3rd, but points-wise, I'm thinking they'll be 4th-5th.
not right on the points thing, but I had the spot pegged pretty good (I think a lot of us did).

SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, I like Atlanta as well - PKing is a problem - BIG TIME though. Plus I don't like Lehtonen as a player that much. Maybe Pavelic or whatever will grab the ball and run.

The more I think about it, I think there might be a serious issue coming for the Flames. I think they could miss in the ultra-competitive West. Nice D - the best in the business, but so weak at forward. And yes, I know about their 'young' guys, but it's not good enough.

If there's to be a surprise miss of the playoffs it's them IMO
Honourable mention to SD for this one NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs - Page 10 85287

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So neat to look back on, ey?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

What? Zherdev wasn't a Thrasher.

SpezDispenser wrote:So neat to look back on, ey?
Yeah its fun. Its pretty much the only reason to do this stuff...

Dash wrote:What? Zherdev wasn't a Thrasher.
IIRC there was a report out right around that time that he had signed with them.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Was that this year?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Was that this year?

In the summer I think they were circling a deal, but it never came about.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum