GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Emery benched

+10
Mosky
jamvan
Aetherial
pgood
Acrobat
Cronie
shabbs
Number Twenty Nine
wprager
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16Emery benched - Page 2 Empty Re: Emery benched Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:21 am

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LOL!!!

17Emery benched - Page 2 Empty Re: Emery benched Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:11 pm

pgood

Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:Emery got another start yesterday and the team lost 2-0. Two PP goals in the 3rd (one at about the half way mark and another with 2-1/2 minutes to go). I can't easily get the shots on goal, though.

Man, it's not like it's an 82 game season. The way things are going he may not get more than 10-15 starts anyway, so 0-2 is already a substantial hole.

Well since the 0-2 start he's bumped his record to 3-2. Perhaps Ray is starting to refind his game.

Actually I hope he does. The guy has a ton of talent and it would be nice to see him overcome whatever the hell it was that was holding him back and put that talent to good use.

Plus Atlant is first overall (so far) in the KHL.

18Emery benched - Page 2 Empty Re: Emery benched Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:19 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

pgood wrote:Well since the 0-2 start he's bumped his record to 3-2. Perhaps Ray is starting to refind his game.

Actually I hope he does. The guy has a ton of talent and it would be nice to see him overcome whatever the hell it was that was holding him back and put that talent to good use.

Plus Atlant is first overall (so far) in the KHL.

If he gets back to proper work habits, I would be surprised if he didn't get his game back on track 100%. I was and always will be very, very disappointed in Ray Emery for not re-habbing and giving it 100% when he was coming back.

Very disappointed. 🇳🇴

19Emery benched - Page 2 Empty Re: Emery benched Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:47 am

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

Cronenbergfan wrote:my, how the mighty continue to fall...

Honestly, my views are very different than the opinions the Sens fans have had for years.

The truth is, I just don't think he is that good. I never have. He has never impressed me. Even in the Sens SCF run in '07, he certainly didn't steal any games. In fact, I felt he looked weak in at least a couple games.

I believe that, outside of Ottawa, not many other people really thought this guy was the real deal anyway.

20Emery benched - Page 2 Empty Re: Emery benched Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:08 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Aetherial wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:my, how the mighty continue to fall...

Honestly, my views are very different than the opinions the Sens fans have had for years.

The truth is, I just don't think he is that good. I never have. He has never impressed me. Even in the Sens SCF run in '07, he certainly didn't steal any games. In fact, I felt he looked weak in at least a couple games.

I believe that, outside of Ottawa, not many other people really thought this guy was the real deal anyway.
I agree with you Aetherial and have always said Emery is not that great a goalie. Like you said, the year the Sens went to the Cup, he was the recipient of a great defensive team, so he barely had to make 20 stops a night.

21Emery benched - Page 2 Empty Re: Emery benched Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:19 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Amen Jam! And the thing is, it's becoming increasingly clear that Emery is and remains overrated, to say the least.

22Emery benched - Page 2 Empty Re: Emery benched Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:30 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:Amen Jam! And the thing is, it's becoming increasingly clear that Emery is and remains overrated, to say the least.
Is he even rated now. LMFAO! Biggest bust in goaltending history. From the SCF to the Russian league to teh bench. One of the biggest losers ever.

23Emery benched - Page 2 Empty Re: Emery benched Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:23 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sad, but true...

24Emery benched - Page 2 Empty Re: Emery benched Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:37 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:Sad, but true...
Not sad, why have any compassion for an idiot like that?

25Emery benched - Page 2 Empty Re: Emery benched Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:40 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh, I only meant sad in the sense that had Emery taken his job to heart and actually WORKED at it, he could have been an excellent goaltender... However, the hip-hop star mentality and entourage seemed to have taken it's toll on him, and he's left with riding the pine in a cold environment.

ah well, at least he can afford plenty of Preparation H with that Contract of his! LOL

26Emery benched - Page 2 Empty Re: Emery benched Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:16 am

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

I might be jumping in a little late but i still have confidence that if he finds his way, he can jump right back into the swing of things.. he has potential and he just needs to smarten the Diddle up. It just makes me angry that so many people would kill to get a shot at the show and he took his and just Diddled it all up.

27Emery benched - Page 2 Empty Re: Emery benched Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:27 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How can you guys not remember Emery saving our 06/07 season. I was watching very closely and when he came in and took Gerber's job, he began the turnaround. There was no way we were making the playoffs without him, I stand by that. If not for the 5 star goaltending of Ray Emery, this team would never have even got the chance to play a more defensive oriented system - at least not with Gerber pooping the bed from here to kingdom come.

How easily people forget that the only reason we were even in the playoffs was Emery - the fact that he was only 'excellent' in the post-season should have nothing to do with it.

28Emery benched - Page 2 Empty Re: Emery benched Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:29 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:How can you guys not remember Emery saving our 06/07 season. I was watching very closely and when he came in and took Gerber's job, he began the turnaround. There was no way we were making the playoffs without him, I stand by that. If not for the 5 star goaltending of Ray Emery, this team would never have even got the chance to play a more defensive oriented system - at least not with Gerber pooping the bed from here to kingdom come.

How easily people forget that the only reason we were even in the playoffs was Emery - the fact that he was only 'excellent' in the post-season should have nothing to do with it.

EMERY squirrel

I have to wholeheartedly disagree. Emery was just like Osgoode last year.

29Emery benched - Page 2 Empty Re: Emery benched Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:32 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:
EMERY squirrel

Maybe in the playoffs...but in December when this team turned things around? He was still facing 30 shots a night.

30Emery benched - Page 2 Empty Re: Emery benched Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:34 am

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

Unfortunately I'm with Heater on this one... He really did carry us, and he did pull it off when it was needed. After the SCF run, he really sat back and just watched and then started whining because Gerber was stealing his light, because he though that his previous run should have guarenteed him a spot when he returned from his injury. But Gerber stayed in, and Emery got continually more and more upset with the system, and began "fighting" back in his own ways, such as flipping off people on the Q-way and getting in fights in practice. This doesn't overshadow in my mind his performance in 06-07, but it really shows me that hes not mentally ready for "the show" because that's what it is, and thats how it has to be approached, and he didn't. Which is why hes where he is now, he made his cake, now he has to eat it.

31Emery benched - Page 2 Empty Re: Emery benched Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:35 am

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

jamvan wrote:
504Heater wrote:How can you guys not remember Emery saving our 06/07 season. I was watching very closely and when he came in and took Gerber's job, he began the turnaround. There was no way we were making the playoffs without him, I stand by that. If not for the 5 star goaltending of Ray Emery, this team would never have even got the chance to play a more defensive oriented system - at least not with Gerber pooping the bed from here to kingdom come.

EMERY squirrel

I agree Jam...

Emery was never a great goalie...he was decent...and was playing behind a great machine that was the Sens of 06/07...

Sure Heater...it was him who started the comeback, if you will, of 06/07 after Gerbs sucked it up bad...however...IMO it was the goalie change (by this I refer to how it created a buzz in the locker room and motivated the players to do better) and players buying into Murray's system that made things click...

it was not Emery's play...

32Emery benched - Page 2 Empty Re: Emery benched Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:36 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mosky wrote:Unfortunately I'm with Heater on this one...
squirrel

33Emery benched - Page 2 Empty Re: Emery benched Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:38 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Fair enough, it's a group divided on this idiot Emery. I hate him, but I give him credit. I know what y'all mean about Murray's system and such, I just personally don't know if it could've worked without Ray.

But whatever, he's in Gulag or wherever the hell he is, so it certainly didn't work out. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum