GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Emery benched

+10
Mosky
jamvan
Aetherial
pgood
Acrobat
Cronie
shabbs
Number Twenty Nine
wprager
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Emery benched Empty Emery benched Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Played the first game, lost 6-5 in OT, now the back-up, has taken over and Emery is riding the pine.

They have since won 3 straight.

2Emery benched Empty Re: Emery benched Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:17 pm

That is unreal. I don't even want to laugh about it...its just sad.

3Emery benched Empty Re: Emery benched Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:That is unreal. I don't even want to laugh about it...its just sad.

I did that so quickly that I couldn't get the name of the goalie who took over. Some national goalie from a European country starting with K. That's all I got. :D

4Emery benched Empty Re: Emery benched Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh...and yeah, I agree, it's more sad than anything. For us and for him. Diddle Wing Dang Doodle Donkey mother Diddle.

5Emery benched Empty Re: Emery benched Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:41 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:

Oh...and yeah, I agree, it's more sad than anything. For us and for him. Diddle Wing Dang Doodle Donkey mother Diddle.

The Bulgarian women's team might have a place for him. They recently lost 82-0 to Slovakia. No, they were not playing against Slovakia's men's national team.

On the bright side, their goalie made 57 saves. That's usually a good outing for a goalie.

6Emery benched Empty Re: Emery benched Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:27 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

in the words of Kramer.....

Dddd......Done!

7Emery benched Empty Re: Emery benched Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:25 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Interesting stat. As a foreign goaltender, Emery will only be allowed to play in
65% of his team's 56 regular season games due to rules that encourage
the development of Russian netminders.

Wow - that is weird.

8Emery benched Empty Re: Emery benched Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:03 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

my, how the mighty continue to fall...

9Emery benched Empty Re: Emery benched Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:05 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Interesting stat. As a foreign goaltender, Emery will only be allowed to play in
65% of his team's 56 regular season games due to rules that encourage
the development of Russian netminders.

Wow - that is weird.
He should be that lucky. A bad game is just that -- a bad game. But if he's not busting his Donkey in practice it becomes much more. He'll get another start but he'd better impress.

10Emery benched Empty Re: Emery benched Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:45 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

I'd suspect that 65% will be a pipe dream.
On the other hand, it sounds like the other goalie is foreign too, so at least he gets 35% of the games...

My, how the mighty have fallen...

11Emery benched Empty Emery is 0-2 Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:11 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Emery got another start yesterday and the team lost 2-0. Two PP goals in the 3rd (one at about the half way mark and another with 2-1/2 minutes to go). I can't easily get the shots on goal, though.

Man, it's not like it's an 82 game season. The way things are going he may not get more than 10-15 starts anyway, so 0-2 is already a substantial hole.

12Emery benched Empty game video - glow-in-the-dark mascot Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:17 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://esports.lv/hokejs/khl/video/14092008_2251_kristaps_drikis_dinamo_uzvar_atlants

This is the game against Dynamo Riga. If you remember the flying trapeze Spartan from the Spartak home opener, this one features a glow-in-the-dark mascot.

P.S. Don't let Bettman or anyone from Fox Sports anywhere near that link!

13Emery benched Empty Re: Emery benched Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:21 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LOL!!!

14Emery benched Empty Re: Emery benched Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:11 pm

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:Emery got another start yesterday and the team lost 2-0. Two PP goals in the 3rd (one at about the half way mark and another with 2-1/2 minutes to go). I can't easily get the shots on goal, though.

Man, it's not like it's an 82 game season. The way things are going he may not get more than 10-15 starts anyway, so 0-2 is already a substantial hole.

Well since the 0-2 start he's bumped his record to 3-2. Perhaps Ray is starting to refind his game.

Actually I hope he does. The guy has a ton of talent and it would be nice to see him overcome whatever the hell it was that was holding him back and put that talent to good use.

Plus Atlant is first overall (so far) in the KHL.

15Emery benched Empty Re: Emery benched Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

pgood wrote:Well since the 0-2 start he's bumped his record to 3-2. Perhaps Ray is starting to refind his game.

Actually I hope he does. The guy has a ton of talent and it would be nice to see him overcome whatever the hell it was that was holding him back and put that talent to good use.

Plus Atlant is first overall (so far) in the KHL.

If he gets back to proper work habits, I would be surprised if he didn't get his game back on track 100%. I was and always will be very, very disappointed in Ray Emery for not re-habbing and giving it 100% when he was coming back.

Very disappointed. 🇳🇴

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum