GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ray Emery to the Flyers?

+8
Cronie
SensFan71
Flo The Action
Nasty Nas
PTFlea
asq2
caissie_1
dennycrane
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Ray Emery to the Flyers? Empty Ray Emery to the Flyers? Sun May 03, 2009 9:13 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/darren_dreger/?id=277459

2Ray Emery to the Flyers? Empty Re: Ray Emery to the Flyers? Sun May 03, 2009 9:21 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

He would be an upgrade if they could fit him under the cap and all. He has alot of potential and if clam is a great goalie.

3Ray Emery to the Flyers? Empty Re: Ray Emery to the Flyers? Sun May 03, 2009 9:27 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

It's a good fit. And I think if anyone can rein the guy in, it's Mike Richards.

4Ray Emery to the Flyers? Empty Re: Ray Emery to the Flyers? Sun May 03, 2009 9:32 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

The Broad Street Bullies would definitely be back.

5Ray Emery to the Flyers? Empty Re: Ray Emery to the Flyers? Sun May 03, 2009 10:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He's a good goalie and he'll make the Flyers better. Not sure how crazy I am about him landing in the East again, but we'll see what shakes out.

6Ray Emery to the Flyers? Empty Re: Ray Emery to the Flyers? Sun May 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie

what a waste. Enjoy the further mediocre goaltending. Biron is quite a bit better than Emery.

7Ray Emery to the Flyers? Empty Re: Ray Emery to the Flyers? Sun May 03, 2009 10:22 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Nasty Nas wrote:what a waste. Enjoy the further mediocre goaltending. Biron is quite a bit better than Emery.

But Emery's proven himself in the playoffs.

8Ray Emery to the Flyers? Empty Re: Ray Emery to the Flyers? Mon May 04, 2009 7:26 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i knew emery would be back in the NHL, for his lifestyle: better philly then NY or LA... although i hear philly has a crack problem... hope mother russia has put some discipline in the boy.

9Ray Emery to the Flyers? Empty Re: Ray Emery to the Flyers? Mon May 04, 2009 7:32 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:The Broad Street Bullies would definitely be back.

Agreed, he will be fighting in the crease again unless he has learned a bit of self control in Russia (see attack on team trainer), nevermind, he hasn't, plus, he would have to watch out for those state troopers with his hummer.

10Ray Emery to the Flyers? Empty Re: Ray Emery to the Flyers? Mon May 04, 2009 11:10 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

whoa. I wonder how 'solid' this intel is?

11Ray Emery to the Flyers? Empty Re: Ray Emery to the Flyers? Mon May 04, 2009 11:31 am

Emery is not an upgrade over Biron and with a below average D Emery will be lit up like he was in Ottawa his 2nd full year. He didnt prove a thing in the playoffs because he rode an absolutly red hot Sens team. Again, everything that could go right for the Sens that year went right, goes double for Emery.

Flyers are better off trading for a guy like Halak or another young backup that might not get a shot for a while then taking a chance on a mental case of a goaltender that isnt anywhere near a top tier goaltender.

12Ray Emery to the Flyers? Empty Re: Ray Emery to the Flyers? Mon May 04, 2009 11:45 am

There is also a backup in Anahiem with a cup ring and a Conn Smyth that could very well be available.

13Ray Emery to the Flyers? Empty Re: Ray Emery to the Flyers? Mon May 04, 2009 12:13 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:whoa. I wonder how 'solid' this intel is?

It's from TSN Gossip Columnist 'Diva' Dreger.

14Ray Emery to the Flyers? Empty Re: Ray Emery to the Flyers? Mon May 04, 2009 12:44 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:There is also a backup in Anahiem with a cup ring and a Conn Smyth that could very well be available.

I was just talking about this last night with the roommate. JS is as good as gone with the way Hiller is playing. I'm guessing that Colorado, Montreal, Edmonton, and Philly might be interested and possibly the most likely to check into it. I think Gainey needs to bring someone in for the next couple of years to help Price along and with 2 years remaining on JS contract he could be the perfect fit. Philly, Colorado and Edmonton could do it by sending some money back to Anaheim which would help them.

15Ray Emery to the Flyers? Empty Re: Ray Emery to the Flyers? Mon May 04, 2009 12:46 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I hope for Philly's sake they are not actually considering this.

I think at this point Philly might want to look at a proven goalie with credentials. Someone mentioned earlier Giguere, now that I would do in an instant, if you could pry him away from Southern California.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum