GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

off topic ottawa visit

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1off topic ottawa visit Empty off topic ottawa visit Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:25 pm

Sophomore
Sophomore

I don't know if this is allowed but, my family is planning a trip to ottawa in october to catch a game. are ther any recommendations for good, clean, economical hotel and italian restaurant? we heard some of the players eat at capones on carling street before games-is this true?
thanks.

2off topic ottawa visit Empty Re: off topic ottawa visit Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:37 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Some of the players use to eat at Capones before a game but I am not sure if that is true anymore. Hotels depend on if you want to stay in Kanata or if you want to stay in Ottawa (downtown). There is a Holiday Inn Express very close to Scotia Bank Place though I am not sure how cheap it is. You may want to check sites like HotWire to see if you can get a cheap rate.

3off topic ottawa visit Empty Re: off topic ottawa visit Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The players often go to Fratelli in Kanata -- nice pasta place, lots of menu items not too heavy on tomato sauce. After games they've been known to frequent Baton Rouge. Baton Rouge is in the Centrum shopping mall, within walking distance of the Holiday Inn Select (a 4-star place). Visiting players most likely stay at the Brookstreet (5 star).

Brookstreet has a Junior Suite (separate bedroom with a king, and a pullout queen in the livingroom part) for $230.

Holiday Inn has a queen suite (sleeper sofa in the livingroom section) for $165.

Best rates are usually for armed forces and federal employees.

And, yes, family trips to Ottawa are allowed Smile

4off topic ottawa visit Empty Re: off topic ottawa visit Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:17 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

You most certainly will see the visiting team at Brookstreet. Very nice hotel.

5off topic ottawa visit Empty Re: off topic ottawa visit Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:18 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm not sure what ElliottRules had in mind by Holiday Inn Express. I don't think there is one in Kanata. Maybe he meant the Comfort Inn on Hearst, near the old Kanata Town Center. That would probably be the least costly place in Kanata. There is also a a Country Inn Suites, on Palladium Drive, a little closer, probably under 10 minutes walking from the arena.

6off topic ottawa visit Empty Re: off topic ottawa visit Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:20 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Check hotels.ca for listings in Kanata or Ottawa depending on if you want to be near SBP or near downtown.

7off topic ottawa visit Empty Re: off topic ottawa visit Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:25 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:I'm not sure what ElliottRules had in mind by Holiday Inn Express. I don't think there is one in Kanata.

My bad. I was thinking of the Holiday Inn near Kanata Centrum.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum