GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Balsillie goes on attack, names Melnyk

+3
wprager
SensFan71
PTFlea
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Balsillie goes on attack, names Melnyk - Page 2 Empty Re: Balsillie goes on attack, names Melnyk Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:03 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Balsillie is never ever going to get an NHL team at this rate... ever.

17Balsillie goes on attack, names Melnyk - Page 2 Empty Re: Balsillie goes on attack, names Melnyk Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:36 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Melnyk fires back!!!!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=288286

Let the war... continue... yeah.... sigh...

18Balsillie goes on attack, names Melnyk - Page 2 Empty Re: Balsillie goes on attack, names Melnyk Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:44 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

awesome especially the part at the end

"I'm comfortable in my own skin, Jim. You should look around at the
friends you are losing and the damage you are causing to yourself, the
NHL and all Canadians.
"

awesome

19Balsillie goes on attack, names Melnyk - Page 2 Empty Re: Balsillie goes on attack, names Melnyk Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:48 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, that was pretty blunt and direct. WOW. Balsillie will blow a gasket for sure...

20Balsillie goes on attack, names Melnyk - Page 2 Empty Re: Balsillie goes on attack, names Melnyk Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:29 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:awesome especially the part at the end

"I'm comfortable in my own skin, Jim. You should look around at the
friends you are losing and the damage you are causing to yourself, the
NHL and all Canadians.
"

awesome

and accurate.

How many bridges are left to burn?

21Balsillie goes on attack, names Melnyk - Page 2 Empty Re: Balsillie goes on attack, names Melnyk Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:44 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Balsillie: "Bridges? Bah... if I need a bridge, I'll just buy one!!!!!"
Bridge BOG: "Request for ownership denied!!!!"
Balsillie: "DOH!"

Heh heh.

22Balsillie goes on attack, names Melnyk - Page 2 Empty Re: Balsillie goes on attack, names Melnyk Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:01 pm

I would LOVE to see the NHL allow a different American team move to Hamilton with their current ownership. Just seeing Balsillie cry would be great.

23Balsillie goes on attack, names Melnyk - Page 2 Empty Re: Balsillie goes on attack, names Melnyk Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:09 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

its one thing to fight against the league but he is dragging other owners through the mud...to legitimately become an owner he needs to approved by other owners by pissing each of them off individually he is making it harder instead of trying to pull some of the owners on to his side

24Balsillie goes on attack, names Melnyk - Page 2 Empty Re: Balsillie goes on attack, names Melnyk Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:22 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I thought you were going to go with:

Bridges???! We don't need no steenkin' bridges/

25Balsillie goes on attack, names Melnyk - Page 2 Empty Re: Balsillie goes on attack, names Melnyk Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:50 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:I thought you were going to go with:

Bridges???! We don't need no steenkin' bridges/
Oh... nice one. Could have added that at the start...

Oh well...

Next time.

26Balsillie goes on attack, names Melnyk - Page 2 Empty Re: Balsillie goes on attack, names Melnyk Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:49 pm

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

I don't get this guy anymore, he needs the support of the owners not piss them off. I think he has officially given up and is letting out his anger on anyone he can.

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

27Balsillie goes on attack, names Melnyk - Page 2 Empty Re: Balsillie goes on attack, names Melnyk Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:25 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, to be honest, we all said what Balsillie said (minus any Melnyk references) when the NHL claimed he didn't meet the moral and ethical standards that NHL owners require...

I do recall us all having a good laugh at that with owners like Boots being approved and the mess going on in Tampa etc...

I don't think Balsillie is saying anything we're not thinking... he's just going about it in a brutal way.

Again, it's Balsillie's approach and method that is not working.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum