GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4

+9
PTFlea
Sens19
LeCaptain
bluewhiteandgolf
BigRig
SensFan71
SensGirl11
wprager
Tuk Tuk
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

61Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:30 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

TheAvatar is up next.

62Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:19 pm

My pick was between Emery and Varlamov since I took Phaneuf in the 3rd Round. I can't believe that both those guys were left until right before my pick.

I am glad that the person before me chose Varlamov making my decision easy. I wouldn't have wanted to chose, but if I had to I would have taken Emery. :___:

Last edited by FireOnIce on Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total

63Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:25 pm

But you didn't take Chris Pronger in the 3rd round? You took Paheuf, didn't you?

64Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:06 am

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

65Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:17 am

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Spezz takes David Krejci

66Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:00 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ahhhhh! Yeah...a bit of a risk considering Krejci has 21 of his 73 points in one month. But 65 isn't out of the question...I hope.

67Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:16 am

cas wrote:But you didn't take Chris Pronger in the 3rd round? You took Paheuf, didn't you?

I hope so. Because if not then my picks are screwed because I took Pronger in the 4th....

68Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:36 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

FireOnIce wrote:My pick was between Emery and Varlamov since I took Pronger in the 3rd Round. I can't believe that both those guys were left until right before my pick.

I am glad that the person before me chose Varlamov making my decision easy. I wouldn't have wanted to chose, but if I had to I would have taken Emery. :___:

I sent five picks to Tuk. The first three were Rinne, Varlamov and Emery, in that order. The fourth pick was a forward and the fifth another goalie. I really wanted a goalie, and I had the same Varlamov/Emery "indecision" going. I had Varlamov ranked ahead of Emery, and I probably would have picked him ahead of Ray if I had to choose, but I would have been happy if the choice was made for me.

Alas, it was not to be.

What I hated (about myself) is that when my top-three were gone I changed my mind about both my next two picks. I had 3 goalies ranked very closely after those other three but had a mild panic attack about the one I actually sent to Tuk. His SV% last season really spooked me -- a top-flight goalie but his SV% slipped below .900, possibly age catching up?

Anyhow, it will be interesting (and probably painful) to watch how Price does against the other two goalies I initially had ahead of him. Damn those analysts who are picking the Habs to be 6th in the East. This is all on them.

🇬🇬

69Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:44 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Ahhhhh! Yeah...a bit of a risk considering Krejci has 21 of his 73 points in one month. But 65 isn't out of the question...I hope.

So he had 73 last season but you're hoping for 65 this year?

And I read someone's projections for him to get 57 points? Boston's top-six and their D hasn't changed from last year. Is there something about this guy I don't know?

70Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:02 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Ahhhhh! Yeah...a bit of a risk considering Krejci has 21 of his 73 points in one month. But 65 isn't out of the question...I hope.

And I read someone's projections for him to get 57 points? Boston's top-six and their D hasn't changed from last year. Is there something about this guy I don't know?

Yep: he's recovering from injury / surgery, and not expected to play until November / December. Like Kessel.

71Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:25 am

Blazer wrote:
cas wrote:But you didn't take Chris Pronger in the 3rd round? You took Paheuf, didn't you?

I hope so. Because if not then my picks are screwed because I took Pronger in the 4th....

Yep sorry. I meant to say Phaneuf. You have Pronger. Ahhhhh!

72Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:28 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:

Yep: he's recovering from injury / surgery, and not expected to play until November / December. Like Kessel.

Crap, did SD know this? I'm sure he did. Still if he's thinking 65 is not out of the question (60 is more realistic) there were still lots of players who will get you high 60s or low-to-mid 70 points.

Right now I'm looking at my list of 9 forwards who got 70 or more last season, and I'm thinking at least 7 of them will get 70+ again. Then there are PPG players coming off injury-riddled seasons. They could put up high 60s or if they stay healthy will get into the high 70s or above.

If this guy is not playing until November or December, I have to say that was a gutsy pick, but not one I would have made for another 2 rounds or so.

73Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:32 am

Should I pick my first forward in Round 5? Nahhh.

74Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:49 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

FOI, your first round pick (Green) was going at a 1.07 PPG pace last year, but I hope you're not expecting an 87 point season from him. He's going to get more attention this year, which will lead to closer checking and, perhaps, another injury. Still, he's probably good for 75-80 points.

Your third round pick (Phaneuf) had a drop-off year with only 47 points. However, taking his career PPG average and multiplying by 80 or so games, that's about 51 points -- not that much different from the 47 he had last year. Perhaps he is just settling, and not dropping. I doubt he gets you 60 points, probably 50-55. And there are still defensemen left even now, after 4 complete rounds, that will get you that many points (and, no, I'm not telling, since I still have 3 D to pick).

I can't argue with the Green pick in the first round -- I was definitely thinking of him. But I wonder if Phaneuf in the third. Like I said, you could get a D-man with those points in the 4th, and could have picked a forward like Havlat, Kovalev, Marleau or a bunch of others that haven't been picked yet.

So, yeah, I think you'd better pick some forwards in the few rounds or you will end up with a bunch of 40 points guys taking up half of your roster.

75Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:02 am

wprager wrote:FOI, your first round pick (Green) was going at a 1.07 PPG pace last year, but I hope you're not expecting an 87 point season from him. He's going to get more attention this year, which will lead to closer checking and, perhaps, another injury. Still, he's probably good for 75-80 points.

Your third round pick (Phaneuf) had a drop-off year with only 47 points. However, taking his career PPG average and multiplying by 80 or so games, that's about 51 points -- not that much different from the 47 he had last year. Perhaps he is just settling, and not dropping. I doubt he gets you 60 points, probably 50-55. And there are still defensemen left even now, after 4 complete rounds, that will get you that many points (and, no, I'm not telling, since I still have 3 D to pick).

I can't argue with the Green pick in the first round -- I was definitely thinking of him. But I wonder if Phaneuf in the third. Like I said, you could get a D-man with those points in the 4th, and could have picked a forward like Havlat, Kovalev, Marleau or a bunch of others that haven't been picked yet.

So, yeah, I think you'd better pick some forwards in the few rounds or you will end up with a bunch of 40 points guys taking up half of your roster.

Thanks. I have a plan and I will stick to it. It hasn't unfolded as I was hoping it would, but I will stick to my plan.

This is a fun pool, for no money, so I am trying something different to see if it would work in more serious pools.

76Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:30 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

Yeah, it was pretty risky all around. He's getting surgery, but nothing quite as severe as first though, so he might only miss a month. And last year's 73 points should be taken with a big grain of salt considering he scored 21 points in one month. So make that one month 12 points and you're in the 60 point range. His skills should be sharper now, but he's got to deal with the surgery, so I'm going for a risk/reward here. He could easily only get 50 points, but he could show up fresh and rejuvenated in November (hopefully) and start getting 15 or so points a month.

77Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:37 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hope it works for you, but there are still players that will get 70 points, and you're not expecting him to get 70, only 60. So, yeah, good for the rest of us Smile

78Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 4 Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:39 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Hope it works for you, but there are still players that will get 70 points, and you're not expecting him to get 70, only 60. So, yeah, good for the rest of us Smile

Or he positively explodes and gets 10000 points.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum