GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

THN Ranks Hockey Jerseys (Sens are #29)

+4
davetherave
PTFlea
Tuk Tuk
wprager
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16THN Ranks Hockey Jerseys (Sens are #29) - Page 2 Empty Re: THN Ranks Hockey Jerseys (Sens are #29) Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:06 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We have a beautiful jersey. Really, THN have no idea what they're talking about on this one.

17THN Ranks Hockey Jerseys (Sens are #29) - Page 2 Empty Re: THN Ranks Hockey Jerseys (Sens are #29) Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:08 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/27471-The-Hockey-News-NHL-Jersey-Rankings.html

Florida (what does a panther have to do with Florida or Hockey?)

I could go on.

FYI...the Panther is the considered one of the official 'state animals' of Florida.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_panther

THN Ranks Hockey Jerseys (Sens are #29) - Page 2 Puma10

Of course, there is some irony in that it is considered an endangered species...like the hockey team that bears its name.
Wink

18THN Ranks Hockey Jerseys (Sens are #29) - Page 2 Empty Re: THN Ranks Hockey Jerseys (Sens are #29) Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:09 pm

Tuk Tuk

Veteran
Veteran

forgot the isles, it's terrible.

19THN Ranks Hockey Jerseys (Sens are #29) - Page 2 Empty Re: THN Ranks Hockey Jerseys (Sens are #29) Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:31 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:
wprager wrote:http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/27471-The-Hockey-News-NHL-Jersey-Rankings.html

Wow, the only one rated lower was the Buffalo Sabres slug/rug. Just off the top of my head I can name four that are much worse:

Avalanche (the big foot patch is especially cheesy)
Tampa (lightning, we get it)
Florida (what does a panther have to do with Florida or Hockey?)
Pittsburgh (I can't believe they raised the Cup wearing that)
Atlanta (a bird holding a stick, really? at least's Pittsburgh's bird lives on ice)
Carolina (reminds me of that old SNL skit with Steve Martin and others pointing at the crowd and saying "What the hayil is that thang?"

I could go on.

Geez, Prager, you LOVE those rankings, dontcha?

THN Ranks Hockey Jerseys (Sens are #29) - Page 2 Hawks_21

PS that Crest you recommended? Number one, my friend.

Na zdarovye!
Cheers

I never said anything about the Blackhawks or a bunch of others. I love the Flyers, Boston and Redwings. In fact, of the Original Six I only don't like the Rangers. The Hawks are good. #1? Maybe not, but no issues.

Last edited by wprager on Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total

20THN Ranks Hockey Jerseys (Sens are #29) - Page 2 Empty Re: THN Ranks Hockey Jerseys (Sens are #29) Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:41 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Prager--buddy--you sound so TENSE.

Have a beer, man. Chill. Enjoy.

THN Ranks Hockey Jerseys (Sens are #29) - Page 2 Crest_10

Savor those hops...feel that kick.

Repeat the mantra..."hockey is good...everyone has their own favourite jersey...what the world needs now is more cold beer..."

:n:

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tense? No. Just typing in the dark and in a hurry. Those typos (since fixed) are a testament to that.

Glad you enjoyed my recommendation. But enjoy in moderation, of course, or keep a large bottle of Ibuprofen on the bed-side table.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

actually everyone i've ever talked to about the jersey says it'sthe best we've ever had. the redesigned senators head like it is now was a very welcomed change.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't mind the Sens' jersey but I can understand some of the comments. Personally I prefer the 2-D logo, and by a very wide margin. All the negative comments about the 3D look I agree with -- I'm just not as negative as that.

As for the rumored 4th jersey, while I liked the color scheme a bit, I do find that the "O" logo looks too much like a zero.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

What a stupid article. Really.

Pretty predictable really. Top 9 has all three original 6 jersey's with the largest hockey market in the states there too. Silly article.

I will write an equally relevant article... 'Hey here are the top 3 primary colours....'

BS IMO.

26THN Ranks Hockey Jerseys (Sens are #29) - Page 2 Empty Re: THN Ranks Hockey Jerseys (Sens are #29) Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:22 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:What a stupid article. Really.

Nah, it gives us something else to disagree about beside where Heatley will play in October.

27THN Ranks Hockey Jerseys (Sens are #29) - Page 2 Empty Re: THN Ranks Hockey Jerseys (Sens are #29) Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:25 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tuk Tuk wrote:Best jersey is St. Louis, then Boson, then Chicago.

Worst is Dallas, Atlanta, Florida, and Ottawa.

Really? You like the Blues best? I don't dislike them, but I'd place them toward the middle of the pack.

28THN Ranks Hockey Jerseys (Sens are #29) - Page 2 Empty Re: THN Ranks Hockey Jerseys (Sens are #29) Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:43 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
Tuk Tuk wrote:Best jersey is St. Louis, then Boson, then Chicago.

Worst is Dallas, Atlanta, Florida, and Ottawa.

Really? You like the Blues best? I don't dislike them, but I'd place them toward the middle of the pack.

I think the bluenote's are just perfect.

their logo is top notch, the style of their jersey is original and yet still amazing, the colours work, even the 3rd jersey is beautiful.

THN Ranks Hockey Jerseys (Sens are #29) - Page 2 Thumb-rbk-edge-jersey-st-louis-blues
THN Ranks Hockey Jerseys (Sens are #29) - Page 2 Blues_third_3

29THN Ranks Hockey Jerseys (Sens are #29) - Page 2 Empty Re: THN Ranks Hockey Jerseys (Sens are #29) Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Fair enough. To each his own.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

agreed with Buffalo being # 30 right now, I liked the old Sabres unis

THN Ranks Hockey Jerseys (Sens are #29) - Page 2 71758710

and this is my favourite 3rd jersey in the nhl

THN Ranks Hockey Jerseys (Sens are #29) - Page 2 21cs3z10