GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eli Wilson's getting a bad (worse) name???

+4
Flo The Action
wprager
LeCaptain
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

notch4077 wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:I am on the bandwagon now. Hopefully the tenders perform, but I would imagine it would be despite the coaching rather than because of it. That is just me though.

One of our tenders will perform. The other will be hurt for half the year (low estimate).

I hope so but I am firmly behind losing Wilson. We should have grabbed Benoit Allaire when he was available. He is the best goaltending coach IMO.

Having 2 butterfly goaltenders Allaire would have been ideal, I agree.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:If you have one retarded kid and one deliquent, it doesnt make you a bad father, just puts you in a shi tty spot...

Laughing3 Holy Dung, that's so mean, but so funny.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:If you have one retarded kid and one deliquent, it doesnt make you a bad father, just puts you in a shi tty spot...

Politically incorrect, but the sentiment is very accurate.

You can't fault Wilson for making crappy lemonade from rotten lemons.

I have had a child in numerous goalie camps, with several top-notch instructors, including Wilson. I've also done research on him since the last Sens camp. The universal opinion from the goalie coaches is that he is a world class coach and teacher. The only issue is that he doesn't tend to talk much or relate well to people until he knows them. He also tends not to waste his time on people who he feels aren't working hard; apparently this was one of the causes of the professional rift between him and Emery, although I can't confirm it.

With all due respect to those who feel differently (and I will admit that I was initially unimpressed with him also), I would tend to rely on the opinions of the people who also coach for a living - they will see things in a way that we can't.

Ya, I really wasnt going for political correctness... I would be ashamed of myself if I did.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:Ya, I really wasnt going for political correctness... I would be ashamed of myself if I did.

Isn't that one of the signs of the Apocalypse - Political Correctness from Neely?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum