GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

UPDATE: Zherdev offers to play for the Rangers for original QO - Rangers REFUSE

+4
Sens19
PKC
wprager
caissie_1
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Can you imagine adding Ryan Suter to the already young, potentially ridiculous D we have coming. Wow.

I'd think about a one for one just to clear salary and get a palpable piece back, but then we're out a huge top 6 player.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

3.9 for Zherdev and they're whining? Kotalik cost 3 million - and they did that by themselves. Zherdev's an exciting talent, put him with Gaborik and you might finally generate some offense.

We'll see what happens here, but if they walk it's a real waste. Not to mention Tyutin that you gave away to get him.

SpezDispenser wrote:3.9 for Zherdev and they're whining? Kotalik cost 3 million - and they did that by themselves. Zherdev's an exciting talent, put him with Gaborik and you might finally generate some offense.

We'll see what happens here, but if they walk it's a real waste. Not to mention Tyutin that you gave away to get him.

Christian Backman is no slouch either.

SpezDispenser wrote:3.9 for Zherdev and they're whining? Kotalik cost 3 million - and they did that by themselves. Zherdev's an exciting talent, put him with Gaborik and you might finally generate some offense.

Nice post. I agree, but still think they will walk away.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think they can sign and trade, can they? Not after an arbitration ruling. Or am I thinking about matching an RFA offer sheet? Yeah, I think that must be it.

So, would they sign and trade to Edmonton?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

If Zherdev is allowed to become a UFA, he might just leave the NHL for Russia... though I'm sure a few teams might take a shot on him, but even at that nice salary he was awarded, he could probably get more in his home land.

Despite any issues he may have had in Columbus and maybe in NY, he's still a talented player, and I agree that they (NYR) are better off signing him and not Kotalik. They spend money foolishly.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

According the Larry Brooks, Zherdev has told the Rangers that he will come back and play for the qualifying offer.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/dubinsky_holdout_unfortunate_or_Sq8SJoXtwwoELvW8ClVkdN

The Post has learned that the agent for Nikolai Zherdev, who rejected the Rangers' $3.25 million qualifier and then became a free agent when the team walked away from his $3.9 million arbitration award, called the club this week offering to return for $3.25 million. The offer was refused.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Wow. Talk about big mistakes. He risks not playing in the NHL over 650k? Not that that is an inconsequential amount of money, but for an NHL player that may have to take much less or play in Russia, that seems like a BAD decision. Shame it's biting him in the Donkey now. Who knew?

UPDATE: Zherdev offers to play for the Rangers for original QO - Rangers REFUSE - Page 2 812636

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:Wow. Talk about big mistakes. He risks not playing in the NHL over 650k? Not that that is an inconsequential amount of money, but for an NHL player that may have to take much less or play in Russia, that seems like a BAD decision. Shame it's biting him in the Donkey now. Who knew?

UPDATE: Zherdev offers to play for the Rangers for original QO - Rangers REFUSE - Page 2 812636

Dumbass, yeah. Mind you, I can't believe the Thrashers aren't offering 3 million at least. Why don't they just work it all out? The Thrashers already have some reason to be excited, this would only help IMO.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Agreed. At the same time, this is a good time of year to throw a 2 mil offer out and say take it or leave it. Tis a business after all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum