GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

UPDATE: RDS reporting Zherdev has signed on with KHL? "No", says agent

+3
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
jamvan
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/280160.html

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Good. That takes out another useless player out of any discussions.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

I am rooneypoo's complete lack of surprise.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Shocking. Truly shocking. I hear there's going to be rain in the next few days, too.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT...... Haha so predictable.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

ZHERDEV TO RUSSIA NOT A DONE DEAL
John Glennon, The Tennessean, August 11, 2009

The Canadian website RDS.ca reported earlier today that forward Nikolai Zherdev was expected to sign with Salavat Yulaev Ufa, the same KHL team that features former Pred Alexander Radulov.

That sounded strange to me because when I spoke Monday with Zherdev’s agent, Rollie Hedges, it didn’t sound as if Zherdev was on the verge of going house-shopping in Russia.

Hedges said Monday that Zherdev, who became an unrestricted free agent earlier this month when the New York Rangers walked away from his arbitration award, was eager to remain in the NHL.

"There’s always a chance (he’d play in the KHL), but his first wish is to stay in the NHL,’’ Hedges said. "The only concern … is if (NHL) teams can’t afford him here because of the time of year. That would be the only reason he’d go back to the KHL, to play a year there and then he’s a free agent next year.’’

Hedges also said Monday that Zherdev – who’s three times in five years topped the 20-goal mark – was currently working out with a Russian team. But he also said Zherdev was still talking to a handful of NHL teams, and that Zherdev probably wouldn’t make any decisions until next week.

So when I saw the RDS report today, I followed up with an e-mail to Hedges, asking him to clarify the situation. His response from just over a half hour ago:"(Zherdev) has not signed at this point.’’

Predators general manager David Poile has said he’s at least made contact with Zherdev’s agent, though it didn’t sound as if Nashville was beating down Zherdev’s door.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What, he hasn't? I wondered why he would have in the first place personally, so I can buy this.

Hardy har har on Poile asking about him. Not enough with Radulov, you need another?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum