GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SensBuzz is "reporting" Elliott will get signed this weekend

+4
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
wprager
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

$3M for 3 years.

http://sensbuzz.blogspot.com/

Nothing spectacular about this, if this is what it turns out to be. Pretty much what we all expected, right?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah - that's on par with what we were thinking.

One question: 1-way or 2-way?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Yeah - that's on par with what we were thinking.

One question: 1-way or 2-way?

Do you see any reason for a two-way? I don't. We've got a #1 with injury history, and a #2 who played well enough as a #1 for stretches last year.

We just signed Brodeur to a two-way contract, and O'Keefe is still there, I believe. Anyhow, if we are lacking goaltending depth in Bingo, Elliott is not the answer, since he is our backup in Ottawa.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Speaking of goalie depth, does anyone know the Sens' plans for Andrew Volkening and Linden Rowat? Volkening plays for "Army" and Rowat (who di not really impress me at the DC) plays in the WHL. Either one could provide depth in Bingo.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

No real reason... just a nice added option for Murray.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Senschirp also mentioned that Elliott was essentially signed but the Senators are trying to hold off on an announcement pending some cap moves.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:Senschirp also mentioned that Elliott was essentially signed but the Senators are trying to hold off on an announcement pending some cap moves.
So... should we expect some moves this weekend from Murray then?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Senschirp also mentioned that Elliott was essentially signed but the Senators are trying to hold off on an announcement pending some cap moves.
So... should we expect some moves this weekend from Murray then?

Not according to Eklund. The Spezza wedding apparently will quiet any trade talk. Laughing3

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Gee, I didn't realize that Murray was an ordained minister and will be performing the ceremony, or that Spezza has to co-sign on any contract or trade if more than $5M of salary is moved either way, or that Spezza's fiancee is the only one allowed to be the witness sgning the contracts.

Am I missing anything/anyone else? What other reasons could there be for no deals this weekend?

On the other hand, I can easily see if they do not announce anything until Monday, even if a deal goes downon the weekend. Come to think of it, that's their usual M.O., isn't it?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:$3M for 3 years.

Nothing spectacular about this, if this is what it turns out to be. Pretty much what we all expected, right?

"Sensbuzz" has proven itself rather unreliable time and time again. This is the source that reported "Auld for Russell." It seems to deal way too heavily in unsubstantiated rumour.

Anyway, $3 mil over 3 years would be amazing. I was expecting close to $1 mil per year, but nothing longer than a 2 year deal. That extra year at that price would be great. He could legitimately be our #1 by then. And even if not, there's nothing like having a young, cheap, effective player. Good asset all around.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:$3M for 3 years.

"Sensbuzz" has proven itself rather unreliable time and time again. This is the source that reported "Auld for Russell." It seems to deal way too heavily in unsubstantiated rumour.

Anyway, $3 mil over 3 years would be amazing. I was expecting close to $1 mil per year, but nothing longer than a 2 year deal. That extra year at that price would be great. He could legitimately be our #1 by then. And even if not, there's nothing like having a young, cheap, effective player. Good asset all around.

Sensbuzz has done even worse than that. I abstained from mentioning something I read there a couple of weeks ago because it was just too ridiculous.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Any word on this? Or just another miss...

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Any word on this? Or just another miss...

People should not waste their time with SensBuzz. That site is 100% BS.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think this will happen. Sensbuzz or whatever has a history of sucking though, so I'm not sure about the 3 year deal.

I'm especially not sure of a 3 year deal at 1 million per year. That's 300K more than what Elliott's worth this year. I'd be surprised to hear Murray's willing to go higher that 700 to be honest.

I guess getting Elliott for the 3rd year evens it all out, but I'd rather do it year by year personally.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I think this will happen. Sensbuzz or whatever has a history of sucking though, so I'm not sure about the 3 year deal.

I'm especially not sure of a 3 year deal at 1 million per year. That's 300K more than what Elliott's worth this year. I'd be surprised to hear Murray's willing to go higher that 700 to be honest.

I guess getting Elliott for the 3rd year evens it all out, but I'd rather do it year by year personally.

If you can get him to sign his name on that contract, you do it without even thinking twice.

This kid showed us what he can do with a suspect team in front of him...imagine what he could do with a proper group playing in front of him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum