GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Upon the other madness- Has anyone realized Elliott is still not signed?

+5
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
jamvan
Jordo
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

All this Heatley/Kovalev BS is really casting a huge shadow over some of the restricted agents that we still have not signed.

Does Brian Elliott get signed to another deal? If that's the case, is Auld on the move?

Discuss. :****:

Last edited by Jordo on Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Shannon signed at the end of last year.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Shannon is signed for 1 more year, jamvan nailed that one, a qualifying offer was sent to Elliott, but haven't heard anything beyond that. Greg Mauldin has gone with the Islanders organization, and Bell is a UFA as of July 1.

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

fixed!

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Jordo wrote:fixed!
Auld could be moved to Dallas, but to be totally honest I'd rather see Elliott do another year in the AHL.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jordo wrote:All this Heatley/Kovalev BS is really casting a huge shadow over some of the restricted agents that we still have not signed.

Does Brian Elliott get signed to another deal? If that's the case, is Auld on the move?

I think Auld would be a nice fit in a CBJ deal along with Heatley. I'm pretty sure he's gone, unfortunately. Good guy, but Elliott is too valuable to part with.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Jordo wrote:All this Heatley/Kovalev BS is really casting a huge shadow over some of the restricted agents that we still have not signed.

I think Auld would be a nice fit in a CBJ deal along with Heatley. I'm pretty sure he's gone, unfortunately. Good guy, but Elliott is too valuable to part with.

The thing is, CBJ just signed Garon to a 2 year contract worth 1.2 a season. I don't see them wanting Auld as well.

I could see Minny trading the rights to Harding and getting some value in return, then trading to get Auld. Harding seems ready to be number 1 somewhere else, but Anton Khudobin could probably use another full year in the AHL to hone his skills.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bass Destruction wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

The thing is, CBJ just signed Garon to a 2 year contract worth 1.2 a season. I don't see them wanting Auld as well.

I could see Minny trading the rights to Harding and getting some value in return, then trading to get Auld. Harding seems ready to be number 1 somewhere else, but Anton Khudobin could probably use another full year in the AHL to hone his skills.

OK. I missed that one. Either way I think Auld is out.

I think CBJ might be ready to part with some decent prospects as adding Heatley would buy them time with his long-term deal along with Nash's they could afford to reload.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:
Auld could be moved to Dallas, but to be totally honest I'd rather see Elliott do another year in the AHL.

Elliott has no benefit to playing another year in the AHL, time to play in the big show behind Leclaire.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I agree, except I can't see Filatov being that one. I can see Murray pushing for Brassard (he likes people from Ottawa area) and see him pushing for Huselius (as he likes people he's drafted), and I could see Howson being reluctant, but in the end would be a good deal for them. And they could use some D help, another big body, in the form of Schubie. I've stated previously about wanting to acquire Goloubef, but he's probably pretty untouchable as well, especially if they are already giving up Brassard in terms of a 'prospect', but they might do it if Murray agrees not to file for the grievance.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bass Destruction wrote:I agree, except I can't see Filatov being that one. I can see Murray pushing for Brassard (he likes people from Ottawa area) and see him pushing for Huselius (as he likes people he's drafted), and I could see Howson being reluctant, but in the end would be a good deal for them. And they could use some D help, another big body, in the form of Schubie. I've stated previously about wanting to acquire Goloubef, but he's probably pretty untouchable as well, especially if they are already giving up Brassard in terms of a 'prospect', but they might do it if Murray agrees not to file for the grievance.

With 3 more years @ 4.75 per, Howson will have no problem dealing Huselius. If anyone does the pushing, it will be Columbus to unload Huselius on us.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:I agree, except I can't see Filatov being that one. I can see Murray pushing for Brassard (he likes people from Ottawa area) and see him pushing for Huselius (as he likes people he's drafted), and I could see Howson being reluctant, but in the end would be a good deal for them. And they could use some D help, another big body, in the form of Schubie. I've stated previously about wanting to acquire Goloubef, but he's probably pretty untouchable as well, especially if they are already giving up Brassard in terms of a 'prospect', but they might do it if Murray agrees not to file for the grievance.

With 3 more years @ 4.75 per, Howson will have no problem dealing Huselius. If anyone does the pushing, it will be Columbus to unload Huselius on us.

I see us having no problem taking him in return if we unload the butthead that is Heatley.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

But Huselius puts up good numbers when he's surrounded by talent. I know, obvious statement of the day. But now that we have Kovalev, we could pair those two up. Keep the FFS line together. Put Regin or Brassard as the centreman for Kovy and Huselius. And put the other one as winger for Alfie and Spezza. Then have Kelly centre the 4th line.

Or you could even have Foligno with Spezza and Alfie, Fisher centrering Kovy and Huselius, then have Kelly with Shannon and Brassard. And a 4th line of Ruutu, Neil, Winchester.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bass Destruction wrote:But Huselius puts up good numbers when he's surrounded by talent. I know, obvious statement of the day. But now that we have Kovalev, we could pair those two up. Keep the FFS line together. Put Regin or Brassard as the centreman for Kovy and Huselius. And put the other one as winger for Alfie and Spezza. Then have Kelly centre the 4th line.

Or you could even have Foligno with Spezza and Alfie, Fisher centrering Kovy and Huselius, then have Kelly with Shannon and Brassard. And a 4th line of Ruutu, Neil, Winchester.

I think playing with Spezza would be the best option for Kovalev. Trying to find a fit on the 2nd line is not prudent with this player.

One thing I've noticed with Kovalev in Montreal is that he had the ability to hold the puck at will until an option opened up only to be frustrated by the lack of finishing skill.

Despite his "off year" last year, it's worth noting that he was the Habs leading scorer. That speaks more to the lack of linemates than it does about Kovalev himself.

This could be some pretty tasty stuff for Senators fans if it's handled right.

This is what it will taste like in Montreal, however:

Burning Car

jamvan wrote:

Then if Im Elliott, I dont sign the deal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum