GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months

+5
jamvan
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SensGirl11
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months - Page 3 Empty Re: Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:24 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:Hmm, not during the playoffs? Well, he certainly didn't hurt it hoisting the cup in his home town or anything.
Zing.

Zing what?

When Alfredsson plays with an injury, you all say how courageous he is...Hossa plays with an injury and all you can talk about is his new contract.

:KJK:

Fact is, many star players go through each season with injuries we rarely hear about.

Journos and fans yap about some player 'not coming through in the clutch'...even though that player might be on the ice playing with pain they can't even imagine.

If Hossa was a Senator, you'd be singing a different tune.

Dave, first of all, welcome back Sarcasm where've you been anyway?

Second, the "Sing" post is simply momentum -- Shabbs hasn't completely recovered from all that fluffing last week. Unless he's trying to catch you :^^^^:

Lastly, the whole point here is that Hossa *DID NOT* get injured playing hockey. We don't know how he got injured, but according to the Hawks it was not during the playoffs. Now, sure, the comments could be also interpreted to mean that he was injured *before* the playoffs, but in the context that it was brought up I certainly interpreted it as meaning the injury happened after he playing was over.

32Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months - Page 3 Empty Re: Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:01 am

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

i believe a guy like Hossa needs to produce when it counts--he is a great player but in sports you are only good as your last game--he has time to bounce back but he needs to produce when it counts--detroit was very disappointed with him in the finals

33Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months - Page 3 Empty Re: Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:55 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Just saw this on Sportsnet. Team doctors say the surgery Hossa is scheduled to have on Friday normally takes four months to recover from. That would put his return at the end of November or early December.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/07/23/blackhawks_hossa_surgery/
Heh. He already had the surgery last Friday.

That article is dated last Thursday...

Wink

34Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months - Page 3 Empty Re: Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:00 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I gues the Cap'n has been out of internet range for a few days.

35Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months - Page 3 Empty Re: Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:00 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/07/23/blackhawks_hossa_surgery/
Heh. He already had the surgery last Friday.

That article is dated last Thursday...

Wink

Wow. Sorry guys.

- Unknown Author

36Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months - Page 3 Empty Re: Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:03 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:I gues the Cap'n has been out of internet range for a few days.
It's all good... we got him covered.

37Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months - Page 3 Empty Re: Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:04 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I gues the Cap'n has been out of internet range for a few days.

True enough. I stayed home sick Friday and slept until noon. Then proceeded to sleep an average of 11 hours a night the rest of the weekend plus a 2 hour nap on Sunday.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum