GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months

+5
jamvan
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SensGirl11
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Empty Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/2302

Not sure of this source, but he sounds pretty confident. Not a good start if true, but I still think Chicago's team is lethal offensively even without Hossa. :^^^^: That's crazy.

2Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Empty Re: Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:01 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Well, that would explain why he was so Dung in the finals.

3Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Empty Re: Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:05 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why is this a Detroit Story? Shouldn't this go in the Chicago forum?

- Unknown Author

4Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Empty Re: Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:06 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Didn't CHI check him out?

5Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Empty Re: Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:08 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

They probably did, and he might need the surgery as they were saying, but I guess they were still willing to take the chance on him. Would you take the chance?

6Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Empty Re: Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:24 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Didn't CHI check him out?
I guessed they figured what's a few months when we have him for 12 years. LOL!

7Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Empty Re: Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:00 am

Believe it or not EK raised a good point. How could they have given him a physical when he signed on July 1st ?

8Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Empty Re: Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:04 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

RobbyJ wrote:Believe it or not EK raised a good point. How could they have given him a physical when he signed on July 1st ?

They had team doctor's parked outside Hossa's house overnight, sleeping in a van? :^^^^:

9Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Empty Re: Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:09 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

RobbyJ wrote:Believe it or not EK raised a good point. How could they have given him a physical when he signed on July 1st ?
I suspect they didn't... and just signed him for good or for worse... sign him now, check him later. Doh.

Considering the length of the contract... a minor bump in the road.

10Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Empty Re: Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:23 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Why is this a Detroit Story? Shouldn't this go in the Chicago forum?

Can't keep track of this guy anymore. He's...been around.

11Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Empty Re: Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:59 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

From Tim Sassone at the Chicago Daily Herald last night...

HAWKS KNEW OF HOSSA'S INJURY
http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/2302
Tim Sassone, BetweenTheCircles, DailyHerald.com, Tuesday July 21 2009 21:34h

A Hawks spokesman said the club was aware of Marian Hossa's right shoulder injury on July 1 when they signed him to a 12-year, $62.8 million contract.

The Hawks will continue to monitor Hossa's shoulder/rotator cuff problem and are hoping surgery isn't necessary. That decision will be made by Hossa and doctors.

The severity of the injury still is not known. Surgery, if it's done soon, might only
keep Hossa out of the Hawks' lineup until December.

The injury is believed to have occured during the playoffs, possibly in the Western Conference finals against the Hawks. Hossa had no goals in the Red Wings' seven-game Stanley Cup Finals loss to Pittsburgh.

The Hawks signed Hossa to a franchise-record 12-year, $62.8 million contract on July 1. They introduced him at a new conference last Thursday and Hossa was on hand at last weekend's fan convention, showing no signs of a problem.

Hossa was at his home in the Slovak Republic at the time he signed with the Hawks.

12Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Empty Re: Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll say it again: The Hawks are still awesome without Hossa. It'll be like a mid-season addition.

13Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Empty Re: Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:29 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:I'll say it again: The Hawks are still awesome without Hossa. It'll be like a mid-season addition.
And I'll say it again too... in the grand scheme of things... not a big issue for the Hawks and provides them with some cap relief...

Wink

14Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Empty Re: Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Quite true Shabbs.

15Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Empty Re: Updated: Hossa out up to 4 months Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:53 pm

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

guys i'm not sure on this--12 year mutlimillion dollar contract and he may have an injury that will keep him out until december--lets say he comes back in dec--that means he misses trainning camp, he needs to get into game shape--there is no way chicago will be able to keep all their players with the cap so with the lineup they have now i would think they would want to win in the next year or 2, i'm not sure with this injury and if it keeps him out until december this move was worth it--GM got fired after this signing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum