GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bruins re-sign Hunwick

+2
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Bruins re-sign Hunwick - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruins re-sign Hunwick Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:28 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:See ya Kessel...

They're waiting for an offer sheet me thinks.

17Bruins re-sign Hunwick - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruins re-sign Hunwick Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:32 pm

It will be interesting to see what Kessel will fetch. With so many older guys still looking for a fixed address (Sykora, Shanahan etc), will a team give up a package of assets for Kessel, who we know is bad defensively, and may have a bad attitude. Or will they save their assets and take a flyer on an older guy for less.

As crazy as it sounds, a guy like Kessel isn't a sure bet to land somewhere and break the bank on a signing.

18Bruins re-sign Hunwick - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruins re-sign Hunwick Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:33 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:

They're waiting for an offer sheet me thinks.

Only Burke is that stupid. I don't see anyone doing it.

19Bruins re-sign Hunwick - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruins re-sign Hunwick Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Zoolander wrote:Only Burke is that stupid. I don't see anyone doing it.

Really? He's speedy, young, can put the biscuit in the basket...I'd toss a 5 X 5 his way if I was a team badly in need of offense.

20Bruins re-sign Hunwick - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruins re-sign Hunwick Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:46 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
Zoolander wrote:Only Burke is that stupid. I don't see anyone doing it.

Really? He's speedy, young, can put the biscuit in the basket...I'd toss a 5 X 5 his way if I was a team badly in need of offense.

Perhaps, but it would have a team that has no issues with the cap. Oh, and they'd have to not care that Kessel is completely invisible unless he's inside the offensive blueline.

5 x 5 is something like 4 1sts isn't it? That's an insane amount to spend on anyone other than a top 5 guy.

Don't get me wrong, Kessel is supremely skilled at putting the puck in the net, and I love his wheels, but realistically, that's all he brings.

21Bruins re-sign Hunwick - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruins re-sign Hunwick Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:38 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:No hockey = SSF in a grumpy mood.

Nah. I'm alright. Just playing "Hockey analyst" they always bust out the hyberbole for just about anything.

Most of all, I love you guys. I love you

22Bruins re-sign Hunwick - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruins re-sign Hunwick Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:02 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

$4,520,150 to $6,026,867 for an RFA will cost you a 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum