GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bruins sign Derek Morris

+5
jamvan
jawal
Tuk Tuk
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bruins sign Derek Morris Empty Bruins sign Derek Morris Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:52 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

1 year, 3.3 million.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=285661

I don't understand how they're gonna fit Kessel under the cap. Shrug

2Bruins sign Derek Morris Empty Re: Bruins sign Derek Morris Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:55 am

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

i dont understand the point of all these moves they accomplish ed very little maybe more points but more salary to pay out

3Bruins sign Derek Morris Empty Re: Bruins sign Derek Morris Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:03 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If Heatley were to accept a trade for a package of picks and prospects, I'd throw an offer sheet of 4.5 X 3 Kessel's way. The Bruins couldn't match, no chance unless they do the unthinkable and trade Savard. Kobasew alone won't cut it. Bergeron is badly damaged goods. Sturm has a NMC and likes it there.

The time for an offer sheet from a team who's missing some offence is now.

4Bruins sign Derek Morris Empty Re: Bruins sign Derek Morris Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:06 am

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Then i came to me
I finally see
This means Bergeron
Is as good as gone
To fit the team under the cap
they have to loose that poor sap
Kessel will be kept
if in the playoffs they wish not to be swept.

5Bruins sign Derek Morris Empty Re: Bruins sign Derek Morris Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:17 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tuk Tuk Goose wrote:Then i came to me
I finally see
This means Bergeron
Is as good as gone
To fit the team under the cap
they have to loose that poor sap
Kessel will be kept
if in the playoffs they wish not to be swept.

:^^^^: Good luck trading him though. Concussions up the ying-yang and on the line for 2 more years at 4.75? I dunno...

6Bruins sign Derek Morris Empty Re: Bruins sign Derek Morris Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:20 am

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Colorado? Islanders? LAK? Edmonton?

plenty of places. getting fair value wont be easy though.

7Bruins sign Derek Morris Empty Re: Bruins sign Derek Morris Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:15 am

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:i dont understand the point of all these moves they accomplish ed very little maybe more points but more salary to pay out

I agree that it is difficult(nearly impossible) to understand the point of these moves, especially with cap ramnifications. But then again, I am a sports fan and Chiarelli is a successful GM of a NHL team. I am 100% sure that he has a plan to make his team better and is executing the plan. I will be very interested to see what happens to Kessell.

8Bruins sign Derek Morris Empty Re: Bruins sign Derek Morris Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:13 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

What a strange move and out of left field. Normally I think Chiarelli is genius, but I'm not so sure this time.

I don't think it's Bergeron on his way out, it will be Sturm.

9Bruins sign Derek Morris Empty Re: Bruins sign Derek Morris Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:26 am

Morris vs Ward is a pick 'em to me. Little different in some areas but essentially you have to eat the buyout portion of Eaves contract for a 4th round pick and a lateral (IMO) move with Morris. In a cap world, I agree with everyone that I don't really understand this.

10Bruins sign Derek Morris Empty Re: Bruins sign Derek Morris Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:31 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I don't get it. But this goes to show you, GMs have ways to weasel themselves under the cap and retain the core players they want.

11Bruins sign Derek Morris Empty Re: Bruins sign Derek Morris Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:25 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:What a strange move and out of left field. Normally I think Chiarelli is genius, but I'm not so sure this time.

I don't think it's Bergeron on his way out, it will be Sturm.

Sturm has a NTC, strangely enough.

I just don't know what BOS's going to do to make space. Word is everywhere that Rask is supposed to be backup this year, with his enormous salary ($3.2 mil). If they buy out Eaves and trade Bergeron for picks/prospects, they just might have about $1.5 mil left in cap space if they could get Kessel signed for about $4 mil.

I say this having run the numbers through CapGeek...

12Bruins sign Derek Morris Empty Re: Bruins sign Derek Morris Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:32 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

When did Boston get Eaves? How did I miss that so completely?

13Bruins sign Derek Morris Empty Re: Bruins sign Derek Morris Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:49 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

They traded Aron Ward for Eaves and a 4th pick yesterday... Placed Eaves on waivers after with the intention to buy him out.

14Bruins sign Derek Morris Empty Re: Bruins sign Derek Morris Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:56 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Wow, that's kind of cold. The new cap world I guess.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum