GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phoenix - Definite playoff darkhorse

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Phoenix - Definite playoff darkhorse Empty Phoenix - Definite playoff darkhorse Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:31 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hey guys,

This is difficult because I don't know a lot about Phoenix but here goes. I think the fact that Gretzky has finally become comfortable in his role as Coach and the influx of solid young talent they could be like the Penguins circa 06/07 IMO. They've got solid young guys plus Jokinen. You also can't say enough about what a solid number 1 goalie can do for a team. With Bryzgalov there for the full season, that alone will make a huge difference. I don't know much about their D other than the fact that they lost a couple key pieces in the Jokinen trade so, that is one area I see as a weakness from the outside looking in. Phoenix was a bubble team last season and with the additions they have they should be able to make the top 8 IMO.

- Unknown Author

2Phoenix - Definite playoff darkhorse Empty Re: Phoenix - Definite playoff darkhorse Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:22 am

KaBoominator

KaBoominator
Prospect
Prospect

Yes, they are def gonna be in the playoffs. They are gonna be exciting to watch this year. Hanzal,carcillo,Mueller,Turris,Jokinen,Doan.......i think they are gonna surprise alot of people. I just got my tickets to see them vs Blackhawks in Phoenix, pumped for that.

3Phoenix - Definite playoff darkhorse Empty Re: Phoenix - Definite playoff darkhorse Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:25 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

WhamBamCam wrote:Yes, they are def gonna be in the playoffs. They are gonna be exciting to watch this year. Hanzal,carcillo,Mueller,Turris,Jokinen,Doan.......i think they are gonna surprise alot of people. I just got my tickets to see them vs Blackhawks in Phoenix, pumped for that.

My concern is their D. They gave away a couple key pieces back there and they weren't an allstar D WITH those guys.

BTW that's cool about the tickets to the Phoenix game. That seems like an odd place to go on purpose. If you don't mind my asking is it business or visiting someone?

- Unknown Author

4Phoenix - Definite playoff darkhorse Empty Re: Phoenix - Definite playoff darkhorse Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:34 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

WhamBamCam wrote:Yes, they are def gonna be in the playoffs. They are gonna be exciting to watch this year. Hanzal,carcillo,Mueller,Turris,Jokinen,Doan.......i think they are gonna surprise alot of people. I just got my tickets to see them vs Blackhawks in Phoenix, pumped for that.

Ah, sweet dude. You managed to score those tix afterall!

I can't wait to hear how it went upon your return!

Oh yeah, Chicago and Phoenix will be possible dark horses or total powerhouses this year. The post season will be interesting and nothing short of exciting, judging by most predictions thus far!!

And I think I finally broke 300! WOO HOO!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum