GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

When, if at all, will Heatley speak up?

+13
dennycrane
davetherave
TheAvatar
spader
SeawaySensFan
jamvan
wprager
Hoags
SensGirl11
SensFan71
shabbs
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

When, if at all, does Dany speak about his trade request?

When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? - Page 3 Vote_lcap236%When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 36% [ 23 ]
When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? - Page 3 Vote_lcap26%When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 4 ]
When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? - Page 3 Vote_lcap241%When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 41% [ 26 ]
When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? - Page 3 Vote_lcap25%When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 5% [ 3 ]
When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? - Page 3 Vote_lcap212%When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 12% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 64

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Ha, ok. I'll allow that my idea of a conditional option isn't popular.
How about an option for him to speak after the trade then? If I can't have an if-then-otherwise option, a "He'll speak at the post-trade press conference" option would appease me.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:Other: we don't hear a peep from Dany until he gets traded to a new team.

Barring a PR campaign of epic proportions, Heatley will not confront the media as an Ottawa Senator ever again.

So you think that if he's still an Ottawa Senator at Training camp, pre-season, and even up to and including the regular season, that he won't address the elephant in the room until after he's traded?

He'll be bombarded daily with questions about it but he won't say a thing about it?

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
It's not a game of conditions it's speculation on when you feel he will speak. If you feel he gets traded before training camp the vote he speaks before training camp. If you feel he's still going to be an Ottawa Senator by Training camp the vote he speaks before training camp. Hmmm... seems like the option is still the same regardless of where Heatley plays.

Holy Molly, I didn't think those polls were that serious ... Shrug

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:Other: we don't hear a peep from Dany until he gets traded to a new team.

Barring a PR campaign of epic proportions, Heatley will not confront the media as an Ottawa Senator ever again.

I agree with Mr Rooney...or is it Dr Rooney?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I don't really think he'll say anything besides "no comment". Speaking to the media isn't his favorite past-time and he doesn't seem to feel he owes anyone an explanation.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:

I am kind of partial to Dr. Poo, it's funny, just like Turd Ferguson

When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? - Page 3 Turdfe10

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

He won't escape the media at the Team Canada camp in August.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensFan71 wrote:
davetherave wrote:

I am kind of partial to Dr. Poo, it's funny, just like Turd Ferguson
Dr. Poo is funny.

39When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? - Page 3 Empty Re: When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:41 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

RooneyPoo, you really have to explain your nickname.

40When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? - Page 3 Empty Re: When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:48 pm

wprager wrote:RooneyPoo, you really have to explain your nickname.

..and the Avatar.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

MurderOnIce wrote:
wprager wrote:RooneyPoo, you really have to explain your nickname.

..and the Avatar.

yes please do, and on a heatley note, spezza's wedding is today, so he should be in the city.

42When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? - Page 3 Empty Re: When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:16 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

On "rooneypoo":

In high school, I was a big fan of the Rock (WWF). Just loved his theatrics -- his set pieces and snappy one timers, etc. Anyway, one of his catch phrases during the late 1990s was something "get your roodypoo, candy Donkey down here" or something like that.

One of my buddies pieced that together with my last name ("Rooney"), and the miracle was born. My first ever email addy was actually "rooneypoocandyass@." Smile

On George Parros:

He is just a personal hero of mine. Obviously, his facial hair rules the planet, which is one thing. A real character. But the bigger thing for me is here's a guy who has managed to get into and stay in the NHL with a whole lot of heart and not very much talent at all. I admire his perseverance; he's an inspiration to every fringe NHLer out there. You can tell he's living the dream out there, too. Every shift is a gift. Nothing makes me happier than to see that guy score a goal.

43When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? - Page 3 Empty Re: When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:04 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If ya SMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL....

WHAT THE ROCK...

IS....

COOKING?

He was so funny in the WWF/WWE days.

JABRONI!

44When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? - Page 3 Empty Re: When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:09 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:If ya SMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL....

WHAT THE ROCK...

IS....

COOKING?

He was so funny in the WWF/WWE days.

JABRONI!

Hence, why I still call fringe NHLers and over-rated players jobbers and jabronies. And hence, too, the name of every NHL fantasy team I've ever iced ("the jobbers").

http://www.dobberhockey.com/russ-miller/1998-dobbers-three-tiered-pool-recap.html

Scroll down to the "entry league" division, click on the # 1 team ("the jobbers"). That's me. The link doesn't work anymore (Yahoo! closes down their fantasy leagues after the playoffs), but if it did work, you'd see a picture of Mr. Parros as the icon for my team -- and my real first name.

45When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? - Page 3 Empty Re: When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:51 pm

rooneypoo wrote:On "rooneypoo":

In high school, I was a big fan of the Rock (WWF). Just loved his theatrics -- his set pieces and snappy one timers, etc. Anyway, one of his catch phrases during the late 1990s was something "get your roodypoo, candy Donkey down here" or something like that.

One of my buddies pieced that together with my last name ("Rooney"), and the miracle was born. My first ever email addy was actually "rooneypoocandyass@." Smile

On George Parros:

He is just a personal hero of mine. Obviously, his facial hair rules the planet, which is one thing. A real character. But the bigger thing for me is here's a guy who has managed to get into and stay in the NHL with a whole lot of heart and not very much talent at all. I admire his perseverance; he's an inspiration to every fringe NHLer out there. You can tell he's living the dream out there, too. Every shift is a gift. Nothing makes me happier than to see that guy score a goal.

The fact that he managed play hockey while getting an ivy league education is admirable too. He wasn't a one or two year wonder either, as he stayed and got his Economics degree at Princeton while playing.

I too was a WWF/WWE fan back in the day. I've always been a fan of Triple H, since he came in as a "blue blood". I remember going to the Montreal Forum to see Wrestlemania 3 on the big screen. I've also been to several live shows, including been ejected from a Raw taping in Ottawa when I chucked my drink at Shawn Michaels who was in the ring with DX. This was the night after the infamous Bret Hart screw job. Ah the memories....

46When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? - Page 3 Empty Re: When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:23 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

On a side note, there is a massive fire in Kelowna at the moment and it has destroyed several homes. I doubt we'll be hearing from Heatley if his home is in the area of the forest fire.

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090718/BC_west_kelowna_fire_090718/20090718/?hub=CalgaryHome

47When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? - Page 3 Empty Re: When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:48 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Phoenix30 wrote:On a side note, there is a massive fire in Kelowna at the moment and it has destroyed several homes. I doubt we'll be hearing from Heatley if his home is in the area of the forest fire.

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090718/BC_west_kelowna_fire_090718/20090718/?hub=CalgaryHome

SpzzD! You didn't!!!?

48When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? - Page 3 Empty Re: When, if at all, will Heatley speak up? Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:57 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:On a side note, there is a massive fire in Kelowna at the moment and it has destroyed several homes. I doubt we'll be hearing from Heatley if his home is in the area of the forest fire.

SpzzD! You didn't!!!?
Hmmmmm....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum