GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rangers sign Kotalik

+3
jamvan
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Rangers sign Kotalik - Page 2 Empty Re: Rangers sign Kotalik Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:15 pm

Rangers are gonna suck so bad, lol.

17Rangers sign Kotalik - Page 2 Empty Re: Rangers sign Kotalik Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:20 pm

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

Do they have a special exemption for the cap or somthing?

Because at some point they are going to have to get actual hockey players too.

18Rangers sign Kotalik - Page 2 Empty Re: Rangers sign Kotalik Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:49 pm

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

See, this should tell us just how good our GM is. I have the upmost faith in BM and when looking at GM's around the league, he's done a stupendous job. Too bad the media f'ed our team up after teh cup run. Sens are back baby!!!

19Rangers sign Kotalik - Page 2 Empty Re: Rangers sign Kotalik Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:53 pm

How the Diddle? wow...good luck to Sather's replacement.

20Rangers sign Kotalik - Page 2 Empty Re: Rangers sign Kotalik Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:58 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

So I'm guessing they are going to find a way to sign Zherdev, Dubinsky, Callahan, Korpikoski and a backup goalie for $6 million and change and leave not a single dollar of cap space?

These guys are nuts. What school of management did this guy go to?

21Rangers sign Kotalik - Page 2 Empty Re: Rangers sign Kotalik Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Zherdev will apparently be traded any day now according to Larry Brooks, so that's one less for sure.

22Rangers sign Kotalik - Page 2 Empty Re: Rangers sign Kotalik Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:27 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:Zherdev will apparently be traded any day now according to Larry Brooks, so that's one less for sure.

Really eh???? Why would the rangers b lookin' to dump him? $$$$ or?

23Rangers sign Kotalik - Page 2 Empty Re: Rangers sign Kotalik Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

HowieMorenz wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Zherdev will apparently be traded any day now according to Larry Brooks, so that's one less for sure.

Really eh???? Why would the rangers b lookin' to dump him? $$$$ or?

Money and they soured on him pretty quick I think. Doesn't show up enough, streaky etc. Literally like Kovalev light IMO.

24Rangers sign Kotalik - Page 2 Empty Re: Rangers sign Kotalik Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:29 pm

PKC wrote:So I'm guessing they are going to find a way to sign Zherdev, Dubinsky, Callahan, Korpikoski and a backup goalie for $6 million and change and leave not a single dollar of cap space?

The Rangers don't play by the same rules as most other teams. They can afford to bury a guy like Wade Redden in the minors.

25Rangers sign Kotalik - Page 2 Empty Re: Rangers sign Kotalik Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:31 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

RobbyJ wrote:
PKC wrote:So I'm guessing they are going to find a way to sign Zherdev, Dubinsky, Callahan, Korpikoski and a backup goalie for $6 million and change and leave not a single dollar of cap space?

The Rangers don't play by the same rules as most other teams. They can afford to bury a guy like Wade Redden in the minors.

Just because they can though doesn't mean they should. By my estimations, they aren't even the top revenue generating team in the league, so where do they get all the Diddle money from?

26Rangers sign Kotalik - Page 2 Empty Re: Rangers sign Kotalik Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:33 pm

Cable television. They print money just like the Leafs and Flyers.

27Rangers sign Kotalik - Page 2 Empty Re: Rangers sign Kotalik Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:20 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

who's going to touch a guy like that though, sheesh, they are better off loaning him to the KHL and have his cap hit eliminated that way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum