GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What the Rangers don't want you to know about Lundqvist

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Henrik Lundqvist is having major problems with his knees. How bad? Bad enough for the Rangers medical staff to be injecting the knees with cortisone since late July. They figured it would be healed enough to not be needing the shots anymore, but alas, he still needs the shots.

Is this going to be a recurring problem for Lundqvist? Probably. Is he still going to be Diddle awesome? Probably.

But...anything to do with your franchise goaltender has to be worrisome.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

are you serious?! Where are you getting this stuff bro? LOL

Seriously though, that has to be a serious cause for concern for their org and fans (assuming the majority or ANY of the fans know). I always love watching Henrik play, so I would hope he'll recover quickly; but man, hope they have a good back-up...

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Nice from a Rangers' fan POV, but a little bit of a coverup there. I doubt he'd come out and say 'Yes! My knees are killing me. I'm taking a whole bunch of shots to make the pain and swelling go down! Yay!"

Apparently he's still taking them and his knees are in a lot of pain. But...then...we'll find out. If his play suffers at all, then we'll know the truth.

EDIT:

What have I done! I hit the wrong button there Rooney.

Sorry man! LOL...

For the record, I doubt it's as bad as I heard earlier today. But I will say - it didn't sound good.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:are you serious?! Where are you getting this stuff bro? LOL

Seriously though, that has to be a serious cause for concern for their org and fans (assuming the majority or ANY of the fans know). I always love watching Henrik play, so I would hope he'll recover quickly; but man, hope they have a good back-up...

From a couple of Rangers' fans who seem to have a little more info than the normal fanboys (like me :D )

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:Nice from a Rangers' fan POV, but a little bit of a coverup there. I doubt he'd come out and say 'Yes! My knees are killing me. I'm taking a whole bunch of shots to make the pain and swelling go down! Yay!"

Apparently he's still taking them and his knees are in a lot of pain. But...then...we'll find out. If his play suffers at all, then we'll know the truth.

EDIT:

Sorry man! LOL...

For the record, I doubt it's as bad as I heard earlier today. But I will say - it didn't sound good.

What HAVE you done? Not only has my post disappeared, but now you're speaking through me! LOL. Scary.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:Nice from a Rangers' fan POV, but a little bit of a coverup there. I doubt he'd come out and say 'Yes! My knees are killing me. I'm taking a whole bunch of shots to make the pain and swelling go down! Yay!"

EDIT:

Sorry man! LOL...

What HAVE you done? Not only has my post disappeared, but now you're speaking through me! LOL. Scary.

LOL...freaky. I was in a rush and I hit the EDIT button instead of the QUOTE button. My bad... :oops:

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

He's playing right now vs. metallurg magnitogorsk if that makes a difference to this rumour.

If he DID have a career threatening injury, man would that suck for the Rangers... would be the second time they had a great goalie whose career was cut short by injuries (Dan Blackburn).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:He's playing right now vs. metallurg magnitogorsk if that makes a difference to this rumour.

If he DID have a career threatening injury, man would that suck for the Rangers... would be the second time they had a great goalie whose career was cut short by injuries (Dan Blackburn).

Not sure if it's career threatening, but the rumour is that his knees are in rough shape and may take some time to heal.

He's been in net for a few games this pre-season, so I would expect he'll be fine.

It's intriguing though...

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I doubt its a career threatening injury. He plays for one of the richest sports teams in the world, they'll have the best doctors from around the world come in and help him with his problem if it is actually as serious as some make it seem.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum