GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBOFS- New York Rangers

4 posters

Ranger's Player with the Biggest Impact on the Franchise

TBOFS- New York Rangers Vote_lcap213%TBOFS- New York Rangers Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
TBOFS- New York Rangers Vote_lcap219%TBOFS- New York Rangers Vote_rcap2 19% [ 3 ]
TBOFS- New York Rangers Vote_lcap26%TBOFS- New York Rangers Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
TBOFS- New York Rangers Vote_lcap20%TBOFS- New York Rangers Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
TBOFS- New York Rangers Vote_lcap256%TBOFS- New York Rangers Vote_rcap2 56% [ 9 ]
TBOFS- New York Rangers Vote_lcap26%TBOFS- New York Rangers Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TBOFS- New York Rangers Empty TBOFS- New York Rangers Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:07 pm

Another tough list to prepare. guys like Walt Tkaczuk, Ron Greschner, Vic Hadfield, Jaromir Jagr, Dave Kerr, Chuck Rayner, Brad Park and Buddy O'Connor were left out.

I picked Rod Gilbert in the end. Rags' all time point leader, and a winger on the GAG line make him a tough choice to go against. Leech was considered too though.

2TBOFS- New York Rangers Empty Re: TBOFS- New York Rangers Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:28 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

for me growing up, Brian Leetch was on the rangers every season for so long, I had to go with him...

3TBOFS- New York Rangers Empty Re: TBOFS- New York Rangers Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:56 pm

now that I think about it, Brad Park should have been on. then again, who do you take off... I hate Original 6 teams, too many good players Razz

4TBOFS- New York Rangers Empty Re: TBOFS- New York Rangers Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:59 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Messier for me. The way he captained that team is the NHL benchmark IMO.

5TBOFS- New York Rangers Empty Re: TBOFS- New York Rangers Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:33 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

For me, there is no question. Messier. New York has not had a leader like him, likely never will

6TBOFS- New York Rangers Empty Re: TBOFS- New York Rangers Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:57 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Messier seemed like the easy choice at first. He led the team to a Cup for the first time in over 50 years for crying out loud! That is huge in terms of impact however, I looked for longterm impact and had to go with Richter. Lets not forget he was the guy stopping the pucks in those playoff games. Messier gets a lot of props for his leadership but he wasn't able to do anything with that team after that Cup win.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum