GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Burke is predicting the Leafs make the playoffs next year.

+5
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
Hayden
asq2
SensFan71
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:I am pretty certain some of them ain't words ya know Laughing3
I was going for that...

Wink

oh well then I will discard my note here to buy you a thesaurus :^^^^: Ahhhhh!
Why pay?

http://thesaurus.reference.com/

Heh.

you evil googler Tantrum Laughing3

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensFan71 wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:I am pretty certain some of them ain't words ya know Laughing3
I was going for that...

Wink

oh well then I will discard my note here to buy you a thesaurus :^^^^: Ahhhhh!
Why pay?

http://thesaurus.reference.com/

Heh.

you evil googler Tantrum Laughing3
Mou hou hou hou hou hou ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Google is *not* evil. That is one of their corporate values.

Huh, i just realized that that's an oxymoron: corporate values.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Google is *not* evil. That is one of their corporate values.

Huh, i just realized that that's an oxymoron: corporate values.

no kidding eh, but you are forgiven, we all have worked for big corporations at one point, I work for probably two of the worst, the big banks.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Sounds like the guys Burke wants are the Schenn's and Kassian's of the draft. Tavares would look nice of course, but it would be easier to get Schenn than JT.

I can see them (T.O.) moving up a few spots, then trading anyone of or all of Toskala, Kubina and Kaberle (if there's a market for any of them, which there should be). Perhaps SJ (who are allegedly shopping Nabby) swap him for a cheaper Toskala, who played well for them?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Burke keeps talking about wanting Tavares, but the only way I see the Islanders moving that pick is to swap with Tampa. The Blots have scoring and need defense. It's quite possible that, given the 1st overall, they'd draft Hedman, leaving Tavares for the Isles.

I just don't see Burke moving more than 1-2 spots. He really does not have much to offer.

Plus, aren't the other GMs just plain tired of his wind-baggery?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Why would Tampa trade to move up though, only to take a player they could very well have gotten 2nd?

As I've been saying, if NY takes JT, then TB should take Hedman, to fill their need. But, if they somehow can take JT, then they could either trade him to a lot of teams for a defenceman, or they could keep him and trade Vinny for that (to MTL nonetheless for a package including JT's buddy PK).

Or perhaps something completely unexpected happens, and Duchene goes #1, or NY trades their way out of the top 3 or more.

But, NYI and TB do not want to have anymore high priced contracts, so any talk of trading Kaberle for the #2 is dumb... and likewise they won't trade a bunch of salary and the #1/2 to Toronto, just for the cap relief.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It would be a gamble on the part of the Islanders. They want Tavares for the scoring and start power, but they deen Hedman just as much, plus a 6'6" tower is a pretty recognizable asset. If they can get something decent for the swap, why not?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Burke keeps talking about wanting Tavares, but the only way I see the Islanders moving that pick is to swap with Tampa. The Blots have scoring and need defense. It's quite possible that, given the 1st overall, they'd draft Hedman, leaving Tavares for the Isles.

I just don't see Burke moving more than 1-2 spots. He really does not have much to offer.

If they aren't they should be. I know I'm tired of it and of media types who swoon over him too.

On that mock draft Duthie said something like it's an interesting time with all the trade possibilities etc. and the Name Dropper schoolgirlishly added "especially when Burke's involved".

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Burke keeps talking about wanting Tavares, but the only way I see the Islanders moving that pick is to swap with Tampa. The Blots have scoring and need defense. It's quite possible that, given the 1st overall, they'd draft Hedman, leaving Tavares for the Isles.

If they aren't they should be. I know I'm tired of it and of media types who swoon over him too.

On that mock draft Duthie said something like it's an interesting time with all the trade possibilities etc. and the Name Dropper schoolgirlishly added "especially when Burke's involved".

His bald head is merely a coaster for Burke's pint. Imagine how many Minny players would have been funneled through TO if he actually got that job...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

According to the "sensay" blog, Burke is offering Kubina for ATL or LA first-round pick...

:^^^^:

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:According to the "sensay" blog, Burke is offering Kubina for ATL or LA first-round pick...

All his deals seem pretty absurd.

If JJ + Frolov + 5th + 35th for Heatley + 39th was on the table, how has Murray not accepted?

Michalek + Vlasic + Couture + 57th is similarly ridiculous.

Looking to move one of the D in Ottawa and add a prospect coming from LA...? Could be a few things, pulling the trigger right away without seeing who can top it wouldnt be very smart either.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

asq2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:According to the "sensay" blog, Burke is offering Kubina for ATL or LA first-round pick...

All his deals seem pretty absurd.

If JJ + Frolov + 5th + 35th for Heatley + 39th was on the table, how has Murray not accepted?

Michalek + Vlasic + Couture + 57th is similarly ridiculous.

The 6th Sens posted excerpts from a live chat with Bob McKenzie where he re-iterated that Bryan Murray is in no hurry to make a deal, stating that he would not feel any additional pressure to make a deal even after the first round has passed.

I wouldn't be shocked if Murray is considering essentially paying 4-million to acquire other pieces. It's really a golden opportunity to buy assets.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Burke keeps talking about wanting Tavares, but the only way I see the Islanders moving that pick is to swap with Tampa. The Blots have scoring and need defense.

Laughing3 Prages dude your typos are always comedic gold.

- Unknown Author

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I don't see Burke moving anywhere but down, as much as I hate McGuire, he was right on one thing last night on SC, Burke won't be trading Schenn, and to move up, those teams will want Schenn, Kable or Kubina alone is not enough.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:Burke keeps talking about wanting Tavares, but the only way I see the Islanders moving that pick is to swap with Tampa. The Blots have scoring and need defense.

Laughing3 Prages dude your typos are always comedic gold.

Oh, man, that *was* funny. Bongo, the Blots what is next?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Was this already discussed? Burke is talking to Waddell to get the #4 pick. If he gets that he'd have a legitimate shot at #2, or he might stay at #4 and take Schenn ahead of LA.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum