GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TSN Mock Draft results

+4
jamvan
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
shabbs
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31TSN Mock Draft results - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:54 am

As long as he has the aggression and mean streak that Lucic has, I doubt he will produce the points like Lucic will. If he was a 15 goals - 35 point 3rd liner he is still what we need.

32TSN Mock Draft results - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:55 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensFan71 wrote:Kassian = potential Lucic in my books, sold on my part if that is the case.

Wingers are a glaring need for Ottawa. If the "best player available" at 9 is a defenseman or a Kadri, the choice is clear to me.

33TSN Mock Draft results - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:56 am

asq2 wrote:And, again, even as far as getting that big forward goes, I'd prefer Kreider or Klingberg to Kassian.

No shot I would take a Minn High School kid over a legit power forward who seemingly no fear. Wouldnt trust a high school "power forward" in a million years.

34TSN Mock Draft results - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:57 am

asq2 wrote:And, again, even as far as getting that big forward goes, I'd prefer Kreider or Klingberg to Kassian.

Klingberg you might be able to get in the 2nd round anyways.

35TSN Mock Draft results - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:57 am

I never want another Minn High School player drafted - ever. Damn you Muckler Tantrum

36TSN Mock Draft results - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:59 am

Exactly, unless it's in the 2nd round or later, I wouldnt touch a high school kid if my life was on the line.

Let someone else take the flop.

37TSN Mock Draft results - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:59 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I've gotta wonder though in a scenario where we get LA's 5th overall in a Heatley trade if we could trade up into the top 3 by packaging our two first round picks together.

38TSN Mock Draft results - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:00 am

With Kassian, if he doenst pan out to be a top 9 player, he an still be an NHL forward. He will always have a cannon of a shot and always have that mean streak. The other guys, not so much.

It's more than just bringing skill, its bringing the intanglibles, which is why Kassian is rated so high at this point.

39TSN Mock Draft results - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:02 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:Exactly, unless it's in the 2nd round or later, I wouldnt touch a high school kid if my life was on the line.

Let someone else take the flop.

Montreal is good at taking US High Schoolers.

Burning Car

40TSN Mock Draft results - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:02 am

Yup, they are... trying to find that "gem" instead of actually drafting the best players and for need.

41TSN Mock Draft results - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:05 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:Yup, they are... trying to find that "gem" instead of actually drafting the best players and for need.

Yup. They'll dig awful deep to find that "gem". As long as he's not french. Losers.

Burning Car

42TSN Mock Draft results - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:11 pm

PKC wrote:I've gotta wonder though in a scenario where we get LA's 5th overall in a Heatley trade if we could trade up into the top 3 by packaging our two first round picks together.

Sweet Jesus don't tease me. I want Duchene so bad, it's borderline wrong. Would you give up 5 and 9 though to move up say, 2 spots? That's a damn tough call.

43TSN Mock Draft results - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:15 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Zoolander wrote:
PKC wrote:I've gotta wonder though in a scenario where we get LA's 5th overall in a Heatley trade if we could trade up into the top 3 by packaging our two first round picks together.

Sweet Jesus don't tease me. I want Duchene so bad, it's borderline wrong. Would you give up 5 and 9 though to move up say, 2 spots? That's a damn tough call.

Borderline? Don't kid yourself. You are just one sick mofo. Seek help. Laughing3

44TSN Mock Draft results - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:15 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Zoolander wrote:

I would keep the 5th and 9th, then draft two quality players, say Schenn and OEL or MPS and OEL, as long as it involves OEL @ # 9

45TSN Mock Draft results - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:16 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Zoolander wrote:

Yeah, especially if OEL ends up being on the board at 9. Let's just trade Heatley and Lee for Smyth and the 3rd and be done with it. Preferably, we work Wolski into there somewhere, but I don't see how unless we add the 9th.

You'd have to feel for Duchene though. Kid grew up an Avs fan, IIRC. It just seems like such a perfect fit.

46TSN Mock Draft results - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
Yeah, especially if OEL ends up being on the board at 9. Let's just trade Heatley and Lee for Smyth and the 3rd and be done with it. Preferably, we work Wolski into there somewhere, but I don't see how unless we add the 9th.

You'd have to feel for Duchene though. Kid grew up an Avs fan, IIRC. It just seems like such a perfect fit.

Boing! I love that. Duchene, Smyth (who's useless, but he sure tries hard) and Wolski (I doubt we get him too unfortunately).

Let's do it! :##:

47TSN Mock Draft results - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:20 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Zoolander wrote:

The thing is though, with the uncertainty about what the Islanders are going to do with the first overall, you could even potentially be looking at Tavares at #3.

48TSN Mock Draft results - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:22 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Boing! I love that. Duchene, Smyth (who's useless, but he sure tries hard) and Wolski (I doubt we get him too unfortunately).

Let's do it! :##:

I hope this happens too. Just so I can be right on the poll.

Smyth would be a perfect fit here. Senators fans and media like to elevate players who are useless, yet hardworking to superstar status.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum