GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TSN Mock Draft results

+4
jamvan
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
shabbs
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16TSN Mock Draft results - Page 2 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:02 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:I think the most interesting note to take out of all of these mock drafts is that after the top 3, there seems to be A LOT of disagreement about how the rest of the order will go. Which either means that 1. the draft is so deep that almost anyone in the top 15 picks will be playing a consistent role in the NHL in the near future or 2. some scouting services are massively overrating certain players.

For instance, the ISS has Kulikov at 6 but Pierre McGuire's mock draft had him at 16.

A lot of disagreement, yes. I think we can all agree that the Name Dropper is a fool, though.

17TSN Mock Draft results - Page 2 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:10 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Probably why McGuire isnt the new GM of The Wild as well.

no freaking kidding, which means another year or more of the Monster Performer on TSN, ugh.

18TSN Mock Draft results - Page 2 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:11 am

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Usurprising. Kadri and OEL are the two names constantly offered as far as the Senators go.

If I'm GM, and it's probably a good thing I'm not, the only way I consider taking Kadri is if it's over Kulikov, rather than Cowen or OEL. Even then, I'm probably going with Kulikov.

It was a relief to hear Brent Flahr say that a forward wasn't necessarily their target, and that you can never have too many defencemen.

19TSN Mock Draft results - Page 2 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:12 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think we can agree to a lot of disagreement. Smile Sorry I just wanted to say/type that.

- Unknown Author

20TSN Mock Draft results - Page 2 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:14 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I think we can agree to a lot of disagreement. Smile Sorry I just wanted to say/type that.

That's ok clutch, we can disagree all we want, Murray already has the player he wants decided, so we all will have to wait until he strides to the podium to make his pick.

21TSN Mock Draft results - Page 2 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:16 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I think we can agree to a lot of disagreement. Smile Sorry I just wanted to say/type that.

That's ok clutch, we can disagree all we want, Murray already has the player he wants decided, so we all will have to wait until he strides to the podium to make his pick.

I hope/think it's OEL.

22TSN Mock Draft results - Page 2 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:26 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

I hope/think it's OEL.

as do I, you build champions from the blue line out, we are solidified in goal with Leclaire/Elliott FingersCrossed , now make our blue line dominant.

23TSN Mock Draft results - Page 2 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:39 am

I want Murray to find a way to get MPS and Kassian out of this draft. However he does it works with me.

24TSN Mock Draft results - Page 2 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:46 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

RobbyJ wrote:I want Murray to find a way to get MPS and Kassian out of this draft. However he does it works with me.

I really don't understand the fascination with Kassian. I'd much prefer OEL, Kadri, Josefson, etc. etc.

Heck, even as far as powerforwards go, if we can't land Schenn or Kane, I'd prefer Kreider or Klingberg.

25TSN Mock Draft results - Page 2 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:48 am

Yeah, Im not big on Kadri or Josefson... I'll take Kassian, at least you know exactly what you are going to get. That's a guy who will be in the NHL for sure and make an impact in one form or another.

I'm big on Kassian, love what he brings.

26TSN Mock Draft results - Page 2 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:48 am

Kassian brings an element that has been missing on this team for a long time. Aggression and a mean streak. We need some of that on the Top 3 lines.

27TSN Mock Draft results - Page 2 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:49 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Kassian = potential Lucic in my books, sold on my part if that is the case.

28TSN Mock Draft results - Page 2 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:51 am

Sens are def going to need a guy who can battle with Lucic for years to come and play on the top 3 lines. Kassian is that guy. I dont know if you should compare them but if you are in need of a guy like Lucic (which the Sens are) Kassian is that guy.

29TSN Mock Draft results - Page 2 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:52 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:Kassian = potential Lucic in my books, sold on my part if that is the case.

I'm unconvinced of that (and I've watched him play). I think he could be a good player, but I also think he could be Mike Rupp.

30TSN Mock Draft results - Page 2 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:53 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

And, again, even as far as getting that big forward goes, I'd prefer Kreider or Klingberg to Kassian.

31TSN Mock Draft results - Page 2 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:54 am

As long as he has the aggression and mean streak that Lucic has, I doubt he will produce the points like Lucic will. If he was a 15 goals - 35 point 3rd liner he is still what we need.

32TSN Mock Draft results - Page 2 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:55 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensFan71 wrote:Kassian = potential Lucic in my books, sold on my part if that is the case.

Wingers are a glaring need for Ottawa. If the "best player available" at 9 is a defenseman or a Kadri, the choice is clear to me.

33TSN Mock Draft results - Page 2 Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:56 am

asq2 wrote:And, again, even as far as getting that big forward goes, I'd prefer Kreider or Klingberg to Kassian.

No shot I would take a Minn High School kid over a legit power forward who seemingly no fear. Wouldnt trust a high school "power forward" in a million years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum