GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stock up your beer fridge before tomorrow

+5
davetherave
wprager
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Anyone in the Ottawa area won't really be affected... you guys can just hop across to Quebec and the SAQ to get liquor.

COSTO in Quebec has incredible beer prices as well. Amazing.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:This is just the square-heads at Queen's Park sticking it to the french just before St. Jean Baptiste Day. They'll resolve this when it matters, English Canada Day.

There's no LCBO in Quebec. As long as it's not 11PM you can buy liquore pretty much anywhere.

I love the corner stores with beer in quebec, one of the best things about it.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:This is just the square-heads at Queen's Park sticking it to the french just before St. Jean Baptiste Day. They'll resolve this when it matters, English Canada Day.

There's no LCBO in Quebec. As long as it's not 11PM you can buy liquore pretty much anywhere.

Francophone communities in Ontario celebrate too.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensFan71 wrote:
wprager wrote:

Ahhhh the good old dépanneur... the ultimate destination for under-age kids to get booze...

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
wprager wrote:

Ahhhh the good old dépanneur... the ultimate destination for under-age kids to get booze...

well yeah, its a right of passage for teens in quebec, wish we had those when I was growing up here in NB.

I was explaining the whole LCBO system to someone here in Alberta who couldn't get over the fact taht the government controls it all. There is a liquor stop every 4 blocks in this city.

Why in god's name would the LCBO risk a strike this close to July 1???

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Anyone in the Ottawa area won't really be affected... you guys can just hop across to Quebec and the SAQ to get liquor.

Why would you want to go the SAQ? They jack up the prices to pay for the snobbery. My dad visits periodically and keeps telling me how much cheaper some things are here, at the LCBO. I just can't understand how the SAQcan survive with those prices, given that you can buy wine and beer everywhee (is it just the hard stuff that's only sold through the SAQ?)

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Well, depanneur wine is not the greatest thing. If you want decent wine, you go to the SAQ. Some liquors are actually slightly cheaper in Québec; not scotch tho which is what I drink (please put that on your car sign).

Best thing about Depanneurs is beer; without a doubt!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Anyone in the Ottawa area won't really be affected... you guys can just hop across to Quebec and the SAQ to get liquor.

Why would you want to go the SAQ? They jack up the prices to pay for the snobbery. My dad visits periodically and keeps telling me how much cheaper some things are here, at the LCBO. I just can't understand how the SAQcan survive with those prices, given that you can buy wine and beer everywhee (is it just the hard stuff that's only sold through the SAQ?)
Hmmm... that's the first I've heard of the SAQ jacking up prices as compared to the LCBO. It has been a while since I've been to one. They're just like the LCBO and sell hard liquor and wine etc... the local depanneur's sell beer and wine only I think.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Hmmm... that's the first I've heard of the SAQ jacking up prices as compared to the LCBO. It has been a while since I've been to one. They're just like the LCBO and sell hard liquor and wine etc... the local depanneur's sell beer and wine only I think.

Just going by hearsay here. Every time my dad visits he *has to* go to the LCBO and then buy a 6/49 ticket. He's convinced that 6/49 somehow restricts the big jackpots in Quebec.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

For cheap beer in the "Ottawa area" the best place to go is in Aylmer...

http://www2.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/business/story.html?id=b3034fde-69bd-42e0-943a-cb456892cc55

The King of Beer.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Any news on the strike? Is there a strike? Will there be a strike? Might have been the best day for business at the LCBO in months...traffic jams and riots at outlets as thirsty Ottawans scrambled to stock up...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:Any news on the strike? Is there a strike? Will there be a strike? Might have been the best day for business at the LCBO in months...traffic jams and riots at outlets as thirsty Ottawans scrambled to stock up...
We'll know by midnight...

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
davetherave wrote:Any news on the strike? Is there a strike? Will there be a strike? Might have been the best day for business at the LCBO in months...traffic jams and riots at outlets as thirsty Ottawans scrambled to stock up...

These rumours...it's enough to make you start drinking!
Wink

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:
shabbs wrote:

These rumours...it's enough to make you start drinking!
Wink
Already started...

I am going to have to drink Listerine?! WTF! Say it ain't so...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

MurderOnIce wrote:I am going to have to drink Listerine?! WTF! Say it ain't so...
The good stuff...

HA HA!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:I am going to have to drink Listerine?! WTF! Say it ain't so...
The good stuff...

HA HA!

I hear it's cheaper in Aylmer. cool)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum