GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Financial Advice - Stock Experts?

+3
Flo The Action
wprager
Lagoon
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Financial Advice - Stock Experts? Empty Financial Advice - Stock Experts? Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:38 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Anyone on here in the financial industry and want to give me advice on where to put some spare cash?

Oil.

Where should I put $2000 in oil stocks?

Thank you.

2Financial Advice - Stock Experts? Empty Re: Financial Advice - Stock Experts? Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:48 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

In the furnace, to keep you warm.

3Financial Advice - Stock Experts? Empty Re: Financial Advice - Stock Experts? Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:48 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Anyone on here in the financial industry and want to give me advice on where to put some spare cash?

Oil.

Where should I put $2000 in oil stocks?

Thank you.

I understand the logic as once the economy restarts there should be some resurgence in stock prices but there will be lots of companies that will face some hard times and might dissapear between now and then. I’d hold off until you see movement.

4Financial Advice - Stock Experts? Empty Re: Financial Advice - Stock Experts? Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:05 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't invest in specific stocks so can't offer advice either way, but I did read a 28 year old's post on Reddit in which he said he invested $175K in oil last Friday and it dropped to $1100 on Monday. That's insane.

5Financial Advice - Stock Experts? Empty Re: Financial Advice - Stock Experts? Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:31 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

btw I'm not a financial expert and i would never want to recommend any stocks without understand in depth your needs and capacity to accept risk but I Am a CFA level 2 Candidate and am fairly interested in the stock market and the elements that drive it so I'm more than happy to discuss anything related to it if it helps. That said, i do not pretend to know all the answers and understand all aspects. that's why people specialize.

6Financial Advice - Stock Experts? Empty Re: Financial Advice - Stock Experts? Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:06 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I don't invest in specific stocks so can't offer advice either way, but I did read a 28 year old's post on Reddit in which he said he invested $175K in oil last Friday and it dropped to $1100 on Monday. That's insane.  

I'm going to hope he's stupidly rich and that didn't have a big effect on his net worth. If that was his get-rich quick scheme, he's a dummy.

7Financial Advice - Stock Experts? Empty Re: Financial Advice - Stock Experts? Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:04 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:I don't invest in specific stocks so can't offer advice either way, but I did read a 28 year old's post on Reddit in which he said he invested $175K in oil last Friday and it dropped to $1100 on Monday. That's insane.  

I'm going to hope he's stupidly rich and that didn't have a big effect on his net worth.  If that was his get-rich quick scheme, he's a dummy.

it was almost his entire savings according to him. and he had a baby coming. l

8Financial Advice - Stock Experts? Empty Re: Financial Advice - Stock Experts? Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:54 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Thanks guys.

9Financial Advice - Stock Experts? Empty Re: Financial Advice - Stock Experts? Sat May 02, 2020 4:21 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I bought some Occidental Petroleum which I expect to double but it's gonna take awhile. I almost immediately had buyers remorse because I think CNQ is a safer bet.

I like Alcanna too which is similar to LCBO (liquor/cannabis). I sold it at 5.85 awhile back. It's around 2 bucks now.

10Financial Advice - Stock Experts? Empty Re: Financial Advice - Stock Experts? Tue May 05, 2020 10:02 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well hello there old friend.

11Financial Advice - Stock Experts? Empty Re: Financial Advice - Stock Experts? Tue May 05, 2020 11:55 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:I bought some Occidental Petroleum which I expect to double but it's gonna take awhile. I almost immediately had buyers remorse because I think CNQ is a safer bet.

I like Alcanna too which is similar to LCBO (liquor/cannabis). I sold it at 5.85 awhile back. It's around 2 bucks now.

Yes. Welcome back. Have you been posting on the Senschirp forums ?

12Financial Advice - Stock Experts? Empty Re: Financial Advice - Stock Experts? Tue May 05, 2020 11:56 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Oil seems to be doing well today

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum