GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What video game are you playing?

+38
Jordo
Da lil Guy
22_4_ever
tim1_2
SensHulk
Ev
stempniaksen
LethalLehner
SDH89
sens4win
Number Twenty Nine
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
garblar
Devo
M_Christopher
Amnesia021
TheAvatar
SeawaySensFan
PKC
Phoenix30
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
smash88
Riprock
wprager
LeCaptain
shabbs
caissie_1
Nasty Nas
Milkman
Mojo
beedub
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
SensGirl11
The Silfer Server
SensFan71
42 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 36 of 67]

526What video game are you playing? - Page 36 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:52 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Red Dead Redemption. It'll probably end in divorce.

Traded some games in for it today...excited to play. Also picked up God of War 3 and pre-ordered NHL 11.

527What video game are you playing? - Page 36 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:35 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
Dash wrote:

And Nintendo Wii is re-releasing Goldeneye 007. Looks to be updated as they have replaced Brosnan with Daniel Craig. Was the best multi-player 1st person shooter.

Actually the game will be released on X360/PS3/PC as well.

I haven't heard anything about that, but would like it to be true. Do you have any info on it?

528What video game are you playing? - Page 36 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:59 am

PKC wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Red Dead Redemption. It'll probably end in divorce.

Traded some games in for it today...excited to play. Also picked up God of War 3 and pre-ordered NHL 11.

Have you played the demo yet? Seems like a good game but not enough for me to upgrade on NHL 10. My rule of thumb is every two years I get a new sports game. I rotate between Madden and EA NHL. This year is a Madden year. Mind you, I didn't like NHL 10. I found the game play slow and after whistle scrums annoying. NHL 11 seems to be a lot better for these two reasons alone.

529What video game are you playing? - Page 36 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:Actually the game will be released on X360/PS3/PC as well.

I've heard Wii and DS, but never anything about any other consoles - and with a November 2nd release, it's coming up on too late to hear anything.

530What video game are you playing? - Page 36 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The game that I've been playing the Dung out of is Final Fantasy 13. I love to grind it out in the worlds and build up my characters. So much fun. Ill finish it soon and then you can go back and do tons of more building and grinding.

Other than that it's still NHL obviously, but now I'm more waiting for 11 which is officially 2 weeks away. Ahhhhh!

531What video game are you playing? - Page 36 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:11 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I just wish the demo gave you a FULL 60 MINUTE GAME like it used to...sigh.

532What video game are you playing? - Page 36 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:I just wish the demo gave you a FULL 60 MINUTE GAME like it used to...sigh.

That's why I didn't bother with the demo. I need to sink my teeth into the game and play it...a lot.

533What video game are you playing? - Page 36 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:23 pm

Well the new league thing is just so damn confusing also. You use pucks to buy cards and cards to field a team. Like, that's way too much (and too stupid) for me. I want to see big hits, and cool on-ice features. I don't care about by cards with pucks. I think they blew it on this concept. It's NHL not Monopoly

534What video game are you playing? - Page 36 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:33 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kovalfie wrote:Well the new league thing is just so damn confusing also. You use pucks to buy cards and cards to field a team. Like, that's way too much (and too stupid) for me. I want to see big hits, and cool on-ice features. I don't care about by cards with pucks. I think they blew it on this concept. It's NHL not Monopoly

It's in most of EA's other games, so they kinda had to put it in NHL as well...

They also did put in new hitting and on-ice features, so it's a win-win.

535What video game are you playing? - Page 36 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:34 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:I just wish the demo gave you a FULL 60 MINUTE GAME like it used to...sigh.

That's why I didn't bother with the demo. I need to sink my teeth into the game and play it...a lot.

Yep my bad, it's only Wii and DS. THe bond game for the High def consoles is a different one.

536What video game are you playing? - Page 36 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:35 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Kovalfie wrote:Well the new league thing is just so damn confusing also. You use pucks to buy cards and cards to field a team. Like, that's way too much (and too stupid) for me. I want to see big hits, and cool on-ice features. I don't care about by cards with pucks. I think they blew it on this concept. It's NHL not Monopoly

Might be cheaper picking up Rock 'Em Sock 'Em MCMLXXI.

P.S. It's a good thing I looked at that bolded part twice. I almost gave you entirely different advice Sarcasm

537What video game are you playing? - Page 36 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:16 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

There are big hits - they improved the physics of the game a lot. I think this is a lot better than NHL 10 and is probably the best, most realistic version of this franchise.

The Ultimate Team is not as bad as people think. It's only one game mode anyways, and aside from having random players to make your team, you try nd improve on your team... and you still play the games just like you would any other game mode.

538What video game are you playing? - Page 36 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:24 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

You also play the game though. I didn't know what to expect since it was my first time playing that game mode, so I tried it out. And yes you do buy cards and assemble a team like that. But you do play the on ice as well. That's how you earn more pucks, and cards to train and earn more contract games. It's definitely different, but it's kind of fun too, at least when you start off with an all star team. Don't know if I'd be singing the same tune if I had to play multiple games with Pavel Rosa as my star RW.

539What video game are you playing? - Page 36 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:17 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Just to let everyone know who may not already, if you ivite a friend to download the demo you get a free pack of cards for the full game, and if you beat team Canada you get a rare card in of the packs, so you will start off with a chance at a really good player.

If I get Crosby or Ovechkin I'm probably selling him lol

540What video game are you playing? - Page 36 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:55 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:Just to let everyone know who may not already, if you ivite a friend to download the demo you get a free pack of cards for the full game, and if you beat team Canada you get a rare card in of the packs, so you will start off with a chance at a really good player.

If I get Crosby or Ovechkin I'm probably selling him lol
Just got the demo today, every time i tried to pass it was like a snail crossing thew highway, (i forgot about the new controls) anyway, since everyone else seemed to post there H.U.T i thought i would to, ya im a little late..

Hall Getzlaf Depuis
Tavares Malkin Cleary
Belesky Filppula Cooke
Hlavac Howden Hentunen

Doughty Myers
Lydman Del Zotto
Alzener Johansson

Miller
Pavalec

Not the greatest team as you can see, can't wait to try the full version.

541What video game are you playing? - Page 36 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh no...there's a new passing engine? I'm gonna take a long, long time getting used to that.

542What video game are you playing? - Page 36 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:48 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Oh no...there's a new passing engine? I'm gonna take a long, long time getting used to that.

I think it's back to the old one, where it gauges power as well. Thus the longer you hold on to the button, the harder the pass will be.

543What video game are you playing? - Page 36 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:39 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

Bass Destruction wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Oh no...there's a new passing engine? I'm gonna take a long, long time getting used to that.

I think it's back to the old one, where it gauges power as well. Thus the longer you hold on to the button, the harder the pass will be.
correct, except its the trigger, i prefer the old one, i forget to hold it and i can't make quick back to back passes, wow i need something to do with my life Facepalm damn no hockey in summer !!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 36 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum