GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What video game are you playing?

+38
Jordo
Da lil Guy
22_4_ever
tim1_2
SensHulk
Ev
stempniaksen
LethalLehner
SDH89
sens4win
Number Twenty Nine
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
garblar
Devo
M_Christopher
Amnesia021
TheAvatar
SeawaySensFan
PKC
Phoenix30
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
smash88
Riprock
wprager
LeCaptain
shabbs
caissie_1
Nasty Nas
Milkman
Mojo
beedub
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
SensGirl11
The Silfer Server
SensFan71
42 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 51 of 67]

751What video game are you playing? - Page 51 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:42 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:Anyone know about this Uncharted 3 that all the kids are talking about?

You're too old for video games, give it up.

752What video game are you playing? - Page 51 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:43 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Anyone know about this Uncharted 3 that all the kids are talking about?

I just bought it for my kid so I was wondering about it.

753What video game are you playing? - Page 51 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:56 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Oh Ok...yeah, it's supposed to be good: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/uncharted-3-drakes-deception

For a moment, I thought you were trying to be "hip".

754What video game are you playing? - Page 51 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:09 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Oh Ok...yeah, it's supposed to be good: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/uncharted-3-drakes-deception

For a moment, I thought you were trying to be "hip".

Beer

755What video game are you playing? - Page 51 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I got my (then) 14 year old Uncharted 2 last year. He was skeptical until he played it, loved it so much that he ran out and bought Uncharted 1 (on the cheap -- best way to buy games since you *know* which ones are good and they cost a lot less).

He got Uncharted 3 (split it with his brother) as soon as it came out and by evening was raving how it was the best game ever!

From my p.o.v. I wish they would have made foul language optional (when his 9-year-old sisters are in the room). There's no F-bombs, but plenty of a$$hole and $hit. And, yeah, it's a bit violent but no more so than many other games. And shooting is not the point of the game.

756What video game are you playing? - Page 51 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:34 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I got my (then) 14 year old Uncharted 2 last year. He was skeptical until he played it, loved it so much that he ran out and bought Uncharted 1 (on the cheap -- best way to buy games since you *know* which ones are good and they cost a lot less).

He got Uncharted 3 (split it with his brother) as soon as it came out and by evening was raving how it was the best game ever!

From my p.o.v. I wish they would have made foul language optional (when his 9-year-old sisters are in the room). There's no F-bombs, but plenty of a$$hole and $hit. And, yeah, it's a bit violent but no more so than many other games. And shooting is not the point of the game.

My daughter is 9 as well, so I'll keep that in mind. I just hope he likes it and I did notice too that 1 and 2 are available, together I think, for cheap.

757What video game are you playing? - Page 51 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:05 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Does anyone know about all those new PS3 remotes? The dualshock one from Sony is still going for $55, and if you're lucky you could probably find a $5 off "deal".

But I now see a bunch of different ones like the
HKS Racing Controller, which goes for $30, or the PS3 Afterglow controller for $25.

What is the deal here? Do they have all the features of a regular controller? Are they only missing the dual-shock vibrator that I can probably do without? Are they wired? What gives?

Bottom line, one of our controllers is not working well (probably dropped too many times) and the boys are keen on getting their "own" controller (different colors so they each know which one is theirs). I'm not keen on spending $55 for each of them, even if they use their own money, especially since I think we need another motion controller more than anything else.

758What video game are you playing? - Page 51 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:09 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

3rd party controllers have always been cheaper since the first playstation.
And no, they are not missing any feature.
Sony's are more expensive because those 3rd parties already pay Sony.

759What video game are you playing? - Page 51 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Another quick question. I'd purchased a 3rd party wireless controller on eBay and it requires a wireless dongle to be plugged into the USB port. There are only two USB ports and now one of them is used by the camera. If I were to get a second such controller, would I need a second dongle or will a single dongle work with multiple controllers?

Oh, and last thing, I promise, is there no way to plug that stupid camera to some port on the back of the PS3? It looks awful with that fairly thick cable running out from behind the TV to the front of the PS3. Really, what were they thinking?

760What video game are you playing? - Page 51 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:02 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Sill no luck finding sky rime "on the cheap" I don't consider $5 off to be "on the cheap". I'll have to wait or trade. Unfortunately, I don't have much to trade (EB Games was offering me $13 for my 4 used games).

761What video game are you playing? - Page 51 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:14 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

TheAvatar wrote:Sill no luck finding sky rime "on the cheap" I don't consider $5 off to be "on the cheap". I'll have to wait or trade. Unfortunately, I don't have much to trade (EB Games was offering me $13 for my 4 used games).

Well, NHL12 was down to $40, and that came out three months ago. So you may have to wait a bit longer. Except the next big sale season may not be until end of school.

762What video game are you playing? - Page 51 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

$56.71 including shipping from Hong Kong. If it passes customs it would be like getting it for $50.18 plus HST.

763What video game are you playing? - Page 51 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:55 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Arkham City.

And it's awesome.

764What video game are you playing? - Page 51 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:30 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:Sill no luck finding sky rime "on the cheap" I don't consider $5 off to be "on the cheap". I'll have to wait or trade. Unfortunately, I don't have much to trade (EB Games was offering me $13 for my 4 used games).

I used to get things "on the cheap" but then somebody shot an arrow into my leg. Is that how you do it?

765What video game are you playing? - Page 51 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:20 pm

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

Let me guess - somebody stole your sweetroll?

766What video game are you playing? - Page 51 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:07 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:Godamned Skyrim. This is the biggest time-sink ever. You can literally spend five hours in the game and not accomplish a single thing.

yes it is. I use Steam on the PC and it tells you EXACTLY how much time you've wasted playing every game.

767What video game are you playing? - Page 51 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:10 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Anyone playing Dead Island on 360? I played online co-op with a friend yesterday and it was much more fun than single player. You can accomplish so much more and its better having a friend help slay zombies.

768What video game are you playing? - Page 51 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Amazon.com has the PS3move motion controllers on sale for $30 (that's $20 off). Unfortunately no such deals in Canada. Best I can do is $10 off at a couple of places, or a Hong Kong seller on eBay for around $40 with free shipping -- decent deal, assuming it doesn't get stopped in customs, but still not as good as $30.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 51 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum