GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Upcoming Draft Talk

+31
NEELY
beedub
Snuh
jamvan
Hayden
caissie_1
Havlat9
Hockeyhero22000
Tuk Tuk
Flo The Action
BigRig
Cap'n Clutch
dennycrane
SDH89
Mojo
Riprock
SensFan71
asq2
Acrobat
TheAvatar
Phoenix30
SeawaySensFan
mattshock
shabbs
PKC
davetherave
The Silfer Server
wprager
LeCaptain
PTFlea
rooneypoo
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 38]

556Upcoming Draft Talk - Page 38 Empty Re: Upcoming Draft Talk Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:50 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I went back to look again and just found that post. Either way I have been on the Lehner train before we even drafted him.

557Upcoming Draft Talk - Page 38 Empty Re: Upcoming Draft Talk Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:53 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Guest wrote:Cuma is a prospect that is right up there wit Hickey, Myers, Tuebert, so on.  He was on the WJ Team but got injured, thats a tough break and he kind of fell off the radar.  If you are looking for maybe the best all around young D man of Hickey, Tuebert, Cuma, and Mayers, Cuma could very well be it.
This is so true yet it wasn't meant to turn out like this for all of them lol.

558Upcoming Draft Talk - Page 38 Empty Re: Upcoming Draft Talk Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:26 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Meh...Lehner's mearly the 2nd best goalie in our organization.  Bump it again when he's the starter.
Bummmmmmmmmmmp.
Bump it again when he's the starter. Yeah, he'll get a string of starts here, but Anderson will be given the opportunity to take the reigns back. Let's not forget Anderson is pretty freaking great when he's rolling, too.

If you're trying to pretend like I wasn't a fan of Lehner, then you have it all wrong anyways.

Last edited by tim1_2 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

559Upcoming Draft Talk - Page 38 Empty Re: Upcoming Draft Talk Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:28 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Meh...Lehner's mearly the 2nd best goalie in our organization.  Bump it again when he's the starter.
Bummmmmmmmmmmp.
Bump it again when he's the starter.  Yeah, he'll get a string of starts here, but Anderson will be given the opportunity to take the reigns back.  Let's not forget Anderson is pretty freaking great when he's rolling, too.
Only way he gets in for a good length of time is if Lehner drops the ball. Lehner has taken the spot at this point, he's the better goaltender.

560Upcoming Draft Talk - Page 38 Empty Re: Upcoming Draft Talk Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:35 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Bummmmmmmmmmmp.
Bump it again when he's the starter.  Yeah, he'll get a string of starts here, but Anderson will be given the opportunity to take the reigns back.  Let's not forget Anderson is pretty freaking great when he's rolling, too.
Only way he gets in for a good length of time is if Lehner drops the ball. Lehner has taken the spot at this point, he's the better goaltender.
Right now, sure, Lehner is better. It's been two games. Anderson will still be given plenty of games this year, and may get the starter's role back too.

Not sure how willing the Sens will be to give Lehner the lion's share of starts for the rest of the season. If Lehner is lights out, that could drastically increase the size of the contract we'll have to give him...and our other option, Anderson, is the guy who would've won the Vezina last year if he'd been healthy.

561Upcoming Draft Talk - Page 38 Empty Re: Upcoming Draft Talk Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:57 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Per our coach, from today: "Craig is No. 1 goalie and when he is ready to go he will play."

562Upcoming Draft Talk - Page 38 Empty Re: Upcoming Draft Talk Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:00 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yah, we'll see. If Lehner wins tomorrow and he doesn't go back in... that's something you question.

563Upcoming Draft Talk - Page 38 Empty Re: Upcoming Draft Talk Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:01 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Bummmmmmmmmmmp.
Only way he gets in for a good length of time is if Lehner drops the ball.  Lehner has taken the spot at this point, he's the better goaltender.
Right now, sure, Lehner is better.  It's been two games.  Anderson will still be given plenty of games this year, and may get the starter's role back too.

Not sure how willing the Sens will be to give Lehner the lion's share of starts for the rest of the season.  If Lehner is lights out, that could drastically increase the size of the contract we'll have to give him...and our other option, Anderson, is the guy who would've won the Vezina last year if he'd been healthy.
And Lehner looks like he could win it this year. Best goaltender in the NHL thus far.

564Upcoming Draft Talk - Page 38 Empty Re: Upcoming Draft Talk Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:04 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote: Best goaltender in the NHL thus far.
Pretty close anyway. Rask has been quite good, but he also plays on a team that doesn't seem to give up 250 shots every night.

I think Lehner is certainly top 5 in the world right now, and will probably be #1 or #2 for the next 10 to 15 years.

565Upcoming Draft Talk - Page 38 Empty Re: Upcoming Draft Talk Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:09 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yup, I agree. Again, taking him out right now is a bad idea but he's still in there so all is well.

566Upcoming Draft Talk - Page 38 Empty Re: Upcoming Draft Talk Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Per our coach, from today: "Craig is No. 1 goalie and when he is ready to go he will play."
He didn't say "...he will play in our goal." Maybe when he's ready Murray already has a deal lined up. Sarcasm 

567Upcoming Draft Talk - Page 38 Empty Re: Upcoming Draft Talk Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:28 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Per our coach, from today: "Craig is No. 1 goalie and when he is ready to go he will play."
He didn't say "...he will play in our goal." Maybe when he's ready Murray already has a deal lined up. Sarcasm 
That's what P-Mac meant by "ready to go"...like, he gets his bags packed and stuff.

Hearing he's been dealt to the Lightning with Spezza for Bishop and Lee.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 38]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum