GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zetterberg speaks out about the Crosby "snub"

+2
caissie_1
shabbs
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Man, this is getting ridiculous...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/06/15/zetterberg_crosby_handshake/

The Wings should move on from this... the more they go on about this, the more respect I lose for the club.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Pretty irrelavant IMO.... I dont really care about it they are taking it way too serious....

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Ya i really didn't think Det would be such sore losers.

And Nic stays classy through it all.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't agree with the majority, it seems. The Captain of one team lined up at the head of *his* line to shake hands. The Captain of the other team did not. Hes team-mates were assembled, but he was still getting hugs from men in suits and being led to microphones.

OK, so I have no idea what it's like to have people pulling me in front of microphones, and I have every reason to think that this was not an intentional snub. However it was enough to bend someone's nose, and as the Team Captain, its ambassador and leader, Crosby should have said something other than "I shook at least half the Wings' players' hands, so he couldn't have waited too long." As the Captain, it's his responsibility to be first in line -- hell, it's his job to get everyone to line up. This is one of the most time-honored traditions in hockey, and it's not just a playoff round, it's the freakin' SCF! To say that shaking the hands of half the players is acceptable is, well, unacceptable.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Right at the end of the article it suggests that Zetterberg says Crosby will learn from this. That's *all* I'm asking for. Whether intended or not, there was a snub. Saying that you regret that it happened and will ensure it doesn't in the future is not an admission of guilt; it's an acknowledgment of others' feelings and a reassurance that it was not intentional.

That's all.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Starting to really lose respect for the Wings. You lost. Move on. Come on.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Interesting, why? When you feel that you've been snubbed, you should just shut up about it?

wprager wrote:Interesting, why? When you feel that you've been snubbed, you should just shut up about it?

For me, it's the timing of it all. It just makes the Wings sound bitter. I don't have an opinion either way about what Crosby did or didn't do, but I will say that because it's Crosby, it's bound to be more of a big deal. This is just more ammo for the Crosby haters to bring up for years to come.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

One has to wonder if all of this isn't psychological warfare by Lidstrom and his boys...looking forward to next season.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Interesting, why? When you feel that you've been snubbed, you should just shut up about it?

Perhaps I say it once (through Draper), then I move on. Enough is enough. It's not like Crosby ran over your cat.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

caissie_1 wrote:Pretty irrelavant IMO.... I dont really care about it they are taking it way too serious....

That's a neat avatar. There are times where it looks like one of those NHL commercials with the photos, where Spezza is gonna pop out of it and say something.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
caissie_1 wrote:Pretty irrelavant IMO.... I dont really care about it they are taking it way too serious....

That's a neat avatar. There are times where it looks like one of those NHL commercials with the photos, where Spezza is gonna pop out of it and say something.

Something like what, though? "Hi, I'm Larry, this is my brother Darryl, my other brother Darryl asked to be traded." Or is that too surreal?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If Draper hadn't opened his mouth and sounded off about this, we wouldn't even be talking about it. He had his say for the team, the players should all just move on and reply with "It's been addressed already, next question." when asked about it.

Draper's comment "and make sure you write that I said that!" shows his bitterness and that he wanted this to be publicized.

Did they celebrate a bit too long? Sure. Should Crosby, as captain, have led the hand shake for Pitt? Yes. But, he's 21, this was his first Stanley Cup and he got swarmed on the ice. Could Lidstrom and Draper have waited 30 more seconds? I think so.

Absolutely, I think this is a classless response to a somewhat careless act by a 21 yr old guy. A guy who was in the midst of of a huge celebration. I remember how I celebrated at that age and I am not sure I would be thinking tradition. Good point Shabbs, they could have waited a second.

At the end of the day a classy group of guys would just say 'that's not what I would have done' and move on. That is a strong enough message. All this crap is over kill and sour grapes. Makes guys who were champions look pretty small.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum