GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens Chirp believes Cammalleri on Murray's radar.

+5
jamvan
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
SensFan71
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Ahh yes, I forgot that they signed Curtis McElhinney. Still lots of bodies needed to fill their roster one way or another.

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:
Acrobat wrote:So putting the pieces together, and throwing it out there, if Murray wanted to make a move for the late-first pick, could he be packaging Spezza/Lee/Auld for Cammaleri/prospect? plus the 1st rounder?

To make that fair, by prospect you'd better mean Phaneuf.

The UFA rights to a worse, smaller, older player and a late first does not get you a better, bigger, younger player signed long-term, plus a young defenceman with upside, plus a good back-up on a nice contract.

Why give anything for Cammaleri's rights when you can wait a bit longer and sign him?

I was presuming a signed Cammaleri, at a discount that appealed to Murray; and yes, Phaneuf would be nice, but I had meant to type prospects (with an "s"), and would expect that there would be at least one blue-chipper in there.

Part of the goal would be to chop the cap hit; part of it is to keep rebuilding for the future, as I'm willing to give up another year in rebuild mode (draft next year is stacked). Still more would be to relocate two underachieving centres who just cant seem to get it going.

In getting rid of Spezza, the potential bonus is that maybe Heater turns into the player he can be - the bona fide power forward who doesn't just skate around with his stick in the air waiting to one-time a pass. And then maybe he becomes one of the leaders of the team into the future.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phoenix30 wrote:
Calgary has their back in Curtis McElhinney. They signed him to a 2 year 1 way deal for 1.2 over the duration of the deal. Suter wants to give him more games this season to see what he can do. He is a low risk and high reward for them at the moment. Suter also mentioned on air that this is the best scenario for the team because of the money tied up in kipper.

I apologize, sometimes I'm a pessimist, but why would they waste their time and money on McElhinney? I've seen him enough, he's nothing special. Why not try to acquire a guy like Alex Auld and take some of the games and pressure away from Kipper? I would say that Kipper should not play more than 60 games. Towards the end, he looked tired and was letting in goals that a guy like him (who's paid so much) shouldn't be letting in.

If the Flames' org. things McE. can munch up 20 games and give them good goaltending, then they're on the right path. If they think there's some question marks, I would say be pro-active and acquire someone who's a great, seasoned backup.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
Acrobat wrote:So putting the pieces together, and throwing it out there, if Murray wanted to make a move for the late-first pick, could he be packaging Spezza/Lee/Auld for Cammaleri/prospect? plus the 1st rounder?

More like Spezza for Atlanta's 4th overall, Lee for the late first round pick they covet (unless Lee's in their plans, he's young and has some nice upside) and then sign Camm. to a UFA contract of 5 million ish.

We definitely don't get better up front, but we get B.Schenn, Kane, MPS etc, plus we still have our 9th overall and now we're positioned to add a 3rd 1st rounder - although likely very late.

That's what would happen - if a shakeup of monumental proportions were believed to be the answer.

And then some. A lot of some.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:And then some. A lot of some.

Yeah, my personal preference would be Slava Kozlov, but he's got a NMC and likes it there I understand. Bryan Little, Colby Armstong or Tobias Enstrom are all possibilities as well. Depends on what Atlanta wants to do. Do they want to give up someone of this stature, or do they want to deal prospects and picks? And if so, are we happy with the 4th overall, the 34th overall and a high end prospect?

I would push for the 4th and a player that has grit and character. Better than trying to find a guy like that on the open market IMO, but again, the debate will rage about whether to trade Spezza or not until the cows come home.

If Spezza's going to ATL, I want Bogosian and nothing less. Since that isn't happening: no thanks.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:If Spezza's going to ATL, I want Bogosian and nothing less. Since that isn't happening: no thanks.

No kidding. We can only hope that come 2015 or whenever he's a UFA, we'll have the space for him. :drooling:

He could break 20 goals next season.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:If Spezza's going to ATL, I want Bogosian and nothing less. Since that isn't happening: no thanks.

:drooling:

Good luck with that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
No kidding. We can only hope that come 2015 or whenever he's a UFA, we'll have the space for him. :drooling:

He could break 20 goals next season.

There's really no point in talking about it now, but you know we have a pretty decent shot at him when he's a UFA. Grew up a Sens fan...you know...because that always works out. Sarcasm (but seriously, I think we'll get him eventually).

2015 first pairing:

Bogosian-Karlsson (in their prime)

FingersCrossed

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:2015 first pairing:

FingersCrossed

Holy Dung that's sexy looking.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
cash wrote:2015 first pairing:

FingersCrossed

Holy Dung that's sexy looking.

Literally 40-50 goals per year between them. cool)

If we ever got Bagossian the Sens would be set for 10-15 years on the blue line. Everything else can be built from that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We're not getting him...so...we should stop dreaming about it. Even if it was pretty diddling sexy.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:We're not getting him...so...we should stop dreaming about it. Even if it was pretty diddling sexy.

Dare to dream! Apparently, he grew up a Sens fan.

FingersCrossed

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Would that relegate Wiercioch to second line? With Kulikov, Cowen or OEL?
Damn, that's a sweet looking top 4...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum