GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: SCP '09, THURSDAY JUNE 4, STANLEY CUP FINAL--DETROIT AT PITTSBURGH, 800 PM ET

+4
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
shabbs
davetherave
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Game 4 winner

GAME DAY: SCP '09, THURSDAY JUNE 4, STANLEY CUP FINAL--DETROIT AT PITTSBURGH, 800 PM ET - Page 3 Vote_lcap267%GAME DAY: SCP '09, THURSDAY JUNE 4, STANLEY CUP FINAL--DETROIT AT PITTSBURGH, 800 PM ET - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 67% [ 8 ]
GAME DAY: SCP '09, THURSDAY JUNE 4, STANLEY CUP FINAL--DETROIT AT PITTSBURGH, 800 PM ET - Page 3 Vote_lcap233%GAME DAY: SCP '09, THURSDAY JUNE 4, STANLEY CUP FINAL--DETROIT AT PITTSBURGH, 800 PM ET - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

swales

Prospect
Prospect

wprager wrote:Ice Chips mentions that Pittsburgh has only given up on PP goal in six games. I think it's time for the Detroit PP to show what they can do, and also for their PK to do what they should have been doing all along. I guess not having Draper and Datsyuk in the lineup is hurting their PK, but still.

And if the refs reviewed video of the last game, I think we might see some calls going Detroit's way this time around.

Draper is really missed on the PK and in the face-off department. He brings not only a veteran presence, but a speedy set of legs that never want to quit. It also helps that he is very well rested. Not a bad pick-up for a dollar and a bag of pucks. Smile

I hope that is not the case (calls going to Detroit), and I am a Wings fan. I do not like seeing so-so calls made to make up for previous mistakes. I would love to see the game called as it was in the first 2 games, let them play. It is better hockey to watch and more exciting for even the most inept fan. Looking forward to another excellent hockey game. Go Wings Go! FingersCrossed

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Looks like the GM Hockey followers are thinking it'll be a Penguins win tonight. vote is 5 to 2 so far. Just for info the CBSSports widget vote is a dead even vote of 7 each.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll say Pittsburgh because they know what's at stake if they lose. Mind you, Detroit knows that they don't want to go back to the Joe 2-2, so it's gonna be a heck of a tilt.

Plus, Crosby's really been playing some great hockey - even if he isn't hitting the scoresheet. Kunitz couldn't hit the broad side of a barn - that's not helping, but I think Crosby could start to actually get rewarded for his effort soon.

Ericsson is an amazing hockey player for the Wings though. Wow.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well I just tried to make the vote a little closer. I think Detroit will win because they know, if they don't, they'll be playing a game 7. They'd rather win in 5.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'm gonna head out on my deck and enjoy some beers in this gorgeous weather... 4 and a half hours until puck drops...

Hopefully the Wings can take this tonight so they can go home with a chance to end it. Pitss was more than lucky last game to squeek out that win.

If Datsyuk plays tonight it could be all over for the Pens.

Neely4Life wrote:Hopefully the Wings can take this tonight so they can go home with a chance to end it. Pitss was more than lucky last game to squeek out that win.

If Datsyuk plays tonight it could be all over for the Pens.

Don't forget Malkin in the Middle. He doesn't strike me as a roll over and die type of player ...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

When do the lineups have to be handed in? It's half an hour till puck drop, they've already had their pre-game skate.

swales

swales
Prospect
Prospect

I hope everyone is ready for an entertaining few hours. Go Wings Go!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

10 minutes till puck-drop and I still can't find out whether Datsyuk is playing or not.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, NHL.com's scoreboard doesn't have the links in yet, but here's the Event Summary page that shows Datsyuk's name in the lineup:
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20082009/ES030414.HTM

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Except the Playing Roster page doesn't break down who's playing and who's scratched:
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20082009/RO030414.HTM

By comparison, here's the one from last game:
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20082009/RO030413.HTM

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Can you tell I'm a little tense?

Go Wings!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So... what's the word?

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:So... what's the word?

He's a scratch,. according to pittsburg radio

And just now cbc Razz Im a little late on the draw lkol

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I knew it!

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

bah, Malkin on the PP

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Pens score first again... big goal for them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum