GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: SCP '09, THURSDAY JUNE 4, STANLEY CUP FINAL--DETROIT AT PITTSBURGH, 800 PM ET

+4
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
shabbs
davetherave
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Game 4 winner

GAME DAY: SCP '09, THURSDAY JUNE 4, STANLEY CUP FINAL--DETROIT AT PITTSBURGH, 800 PM ET - Page 2 Vote_lcap267%GAME DAY: SCP '09, THURSDAY JUNE 4, STANLEY CUP FINAL--DETROIT AT PITTSBURGH, 800 PM ET - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 67% [ 8 ]
GAME DAY: SCP '09, THURSDAY JUNE 4, STANLEY CUP FINAL--DETROIT AT PITTSBURGH, 800 PM ET - Page 2 Vote_lcap233%GAME DAY: SCP '09, THURSDAY JUNE 4, STANLEY CUP FINAL--DETROIT AT PITTSBURGH, 800 PM ET - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Datsyuk expects to play:
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stanleycup/Stanleycupfinal/story/2009/06/04/sp-datsyuk-game4.html?ref=rss

The Russian star has been out for six games after breaking his foot
in the Western Conference final against Chicago, but he skated hard in
practice on Wednesday.

"He had a big smile on his face at practice," said teammate Henrik Zetterberg. "He looked good."

Added Zetterberg: "We've sure been missing him. He's a big part of
this team. He works really hard at both ends of the ice, so if he is a
go, it will be very good for us."
However Babcock says the final decision will be made after the morning skate.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

From aling to ale-ing:
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Playoffs/Detroit/2009/06/04/9673356-sun.html

Asked how he has been passing the
time during the Stanley Cup final while hobbling around with a foot
injury, the affable Datsyuk told reporters: "This is not fun to watch.
I take in lots of beer."

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Maybe it's the brews that are allowing him to come back early? cool)

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

BTW I added a Poll to the thread so vote for the winner of game 4 tonight. Lets see how well GM Members can predict the game.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Maybe it's the brews that are allowing him to come back early? cool)

Actually he may not play:

Forward Pavel Datsyuk
skated with the Red Wings' "Black Aces" (Detroit's healthy scratches)
on Thursday leading to speculation that the Hart Trophy candidate will
miss his seventh straight game.

The Russian superstar took a full practice Wednesday and looked
strong, however it appears as though the Wings have decided to err on
the side of caution and keep the sleek skating sniper on the sidelines.

This will likely be a blow to the 30-year old Datsyuk who has been
champing at the bit to see action in the finals. Following practice
Wednesday he stated that he was willing to play anywhere.

"Wing, centre, defenceman, I want to play so bad. I don't want to
watch this game again," Datsyuk joked. "The game is 60 minutes. I hope
I play 60 minutes."
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=280863

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

From the Detroit Free Press online:

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Over on the Pittsburgh Post Gazette website, you wouldn't even know that the Penguins are in the Finals. Even when you click through to the Sports page, this is the order of the top stories:

1. Some PIAA baseball games postponed

2. Roethlisberger practices this morning, seems OK

3. Pirates deal McLouth in stunning trade

4. Final at same stage, but Penguins see difference

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Datsyuk status still undertain...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/06/04/datsyuk_gam4_status/

He'll take the pre-game skate and then see. I'm guessing he won't be in the line-up.

swales

swales
Prospect
Prospect

Still holding my breath. He can single-handedly change the pace of the game. Not the outcome, but the pace.

Pretty brutal that the Pitt Paper lists them at for in sports headlines. Football doesn't even start until Sept and they have big Ben before the Pens.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

swales wrote:Still holding my breath. He can single-handedly change the pace of the game. Not the outcome, but the pace.

Pretty brutal that the Pitt Paper lists them at for in sports headlines. Football doesn't even start until Sept and they have big Ben before the Pens.

Yeah, compare that to the Sports page of *any* city's paper in Canada.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Datsyuk will certainly help the Wings' PK. If he's out... I think the Pens take this one tonight.

If he's in... all bets are off... but you can bet MAF will take a swipe at his foot to see how it holds up... I know I would.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Datsyuk will certainly help the Wings' PK. If he's out... I think the Pens take this one tonight.

If he's in... all bets are off... but you can bet MAF will take a swipe at his foot to see how it holds up... I know I would.

But Draper is in and he's their best faceoff man. Plus wings will tighten up that PK. 19 goals in 19 games, that's pretty pathetic. Draper taking draws on the PK *will* help.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Over on the Pittsburgh Post Gazette website, you wouldn't even know that the Penguins are in the Finals. Even when you click through to the Sports page, this is the order of the top stories:

1. Some PIAA baseball games postponed

2. Roethlisberger practices this morning, seems OK

3. Pirates deal McLouth in stunning trade

4. Final at same stage, but Penguins see difference

Diddling Pirates trade away McLouth....for what? Why? Good for them. Facepalm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Datsyuk will certainly help the Wings' PK. If he's out... I think the Pens take this one tonight.

But Draper is in and he's their best faceoff man. Plus wings will tighten up that PK. 19 goals in 19 games, that's pretty pathetic. Draper taking draws on the PK *will* help.
True... true.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ice Chips mentions that Pittsburgh has only given up on PP goal in six games. I think it's time for the Detroit PP to show what they can do, and also for their PK to do what they should have been doing all along. I guess not having Draper and Datsyuk in the lineup is hurting their PK, but still.

And if the refs reviewed video of the last game, I think we might see some calls going Detroit's way this time around.

swales

swales
Prospect
Prospect

wprager wrote:Ice Chips mentions that Pittsburgh has only given up on PP goal in six games. I think it's time for the Detroit PP to show what they can do, and also for their PK to do what they should have been doing all along. I guess not having Draper and Datsyuk in the lineup is hurting their PK, but still.

And if the refs reviewed video of the last game, I think we might see some calls going Detroit's way this time around.

Draper is really missed on the PK and in the face-off department. He brings not only a veteran presence, but a speedy set of legs that never want to quit. It also helps that he is very well rested. Not a bad pick-up for a dollar and a bag of pucks. Smile

I hope that is not the case (calls going to Detroit), and I am a Wings fan. I do not like seeing so-so calls made to make up for previous mistakes. I would love to see the game called as it was in the first 2 games, let them play. It is better hockey to watch and more exciting for even the most inept fan. Looking forward to another excellent hockey game. Go Wings Go! FingersCrossed

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Looks like the GM Hockey followers are thinking it'll be a Penguins win tonight. vote is 5 to 2 so far. Just for info the CBSSports widget vote is a dead even vote of 7 each.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll say Pittsburgh because they know what's at stake if they lose. Mind you, Detroit knows that they don't want to go back to the Joe 2-2, so it's gonna be a heck of a tilt.

Plus, Crosby's really been playing some great hockey - even if he isn't hitting the scoresheet. Kunitz couldn't hit the broad side of a barn - that's not helping, but I think Crosby could start to actually get rewarded for his effort soon.

Ericsson is an amazing hockey player for the Wings though. Wow.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum