GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2009 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS: PITTSBURGH PENGUINS VS. DETROIT RED WINGS

+10
Riprock
caissie_1
SensFan71
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
Acrobat
PKC
Mariposa Belle
shabbs
davetherave
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

WHO WILL BE THE 2009 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS?

2009 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS: PITTSBURGH PENGUINS VS. DETROIT RED WINGS - Page 8 Vote_lcap20%2009 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS: PITTSBURGH PENGUINS VS. DETROIT RED WINGS - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
2009 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS: PITTSBURGH PENGUINS VS. DETROIT RED WINGS - Page 8 Vote_lcap27%2009 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS: PITTSBURGH PENGUINS VS. DETROIT RED WINGS - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
2009 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS: PITTSBURGH PENGUINS VS. DETROIT RED WINGS - Page 8 Vote_lcap229%2009 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS: PITTSBURGH PENGUINS VS. DETROIT RED WINGS - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 29% [ 4 ]
2009 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS: PITTSBURGH PENGUINS VS. DETROIT RED WINGS - Page 8 Vote_lcap214%2009 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS: PITTSBURGH PENGUINS VS. DETROIT RED WINGS - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 2 ]
2009 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS: PITTSBURGH PENGUINS VS. DETROIT RED WINGS - Page 8 Vote_lcap20%2009 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS: PITTSBURGH PENGUINS VS. DETROIT RED WINGS - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
2009 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS: PITTSBURGH PENGUINS VS. DETROIT RED WINGS - Page 8 Vote_lcap243%2009 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS: PITTSBURGH PENGUINS VS. DETROIT RED WINGS - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 43% [ 6 ]
2009 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS: PITTSBURGH PENGUINS VS. DETROIT RED WINGS - Page 8 Vote_lcap27%2009 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS: PITTSBURGH PENGUINS VS. DETROIT RED WINGS - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 11]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It sure is a good thing I wasn't around after game 4 because I probably would have made an arse out of myself gloating Phew .

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:It sure is a good thing I wasn't around after game 4 because I probably would have made an arse out of myself gloating Phew .

Well, if the Pens win tomorrow, you'll get another glorious opportunity :^^^^: .

Isn't it funny, though, how the questions surrounding both goal-tenders just don't go away. When Detroit lost those two games in Pittsburgh you have to admit that Osgood was not all that great. And when Fleury had the opportunity to force the Wings to an away-game elimination match, he had easily his worst game of the playoffs.

However, Osgood, while not helping his cause much in games 3 and 4, was not the reason why the Wings lost; he was, however, a huge reason they won games 1 and 2; and Saturday night he held them in the game long-enough for the team to find their footing.

Was Fleury victimized by the boards in the first two games? Perhaps. Was he done in by his team-mates' penchant for taking penalties in game five? True. Still, that stinky feeling that Fleury lets the Big Games get into his head just won't go away.

OK, now that I've said that, of curse he's going to have a huge game tomorrow night, assisting on the winning goal and scoring the insurance marker himself. On a backhand. Top-corner. That's OK, I want the Wings to win it in Game Seven and deny caissie_1 in the bracket pool. FingersCrossed

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What if the Pens win in 7? What does that do to the pool?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'll be very interested to see the TV ratings for NBC for Game 6 as it runs at the same time as the NBA Finals Game 3 (LA @ Orlando) on ABC although the NBA game only starts at 9:00pm.

And I see we have another two-day break between Game 6 and Game 7 should there be a Game 7. Meh.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:What if the Pens win in 7? What does that do to the pool?

I believe you already know the answer to that one Smile

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

I am so smart S M R T. I mean S M A R T. That's what I'll sing if the Pens win in seven. Smile

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:

I am so smart S M R T. I mean S M A R T. That's what I'll sing if the Pens win in seven. Smile

Dangerously close to doing what you said you were glad not to have done.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:

Dangerously close to doing what you said you were glad not to have done.

Close yes but still safe Wink It's also a quote from Homer that actually makes him look stupid so I thought it was a safe one to post. Smile

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The last time that Fleury was pulled from a game was February 22, a 5-2 loss against the Caps. Three nights later, in his next start, he earned 1st star honors while blanking the Isles 1-0.

OK, so Detroit is a little better than the Islanders. There goes that analogy.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:The last time that Fleury was pulled from a game was February 22, a 5-2 loss against the Caps. Three nights later, in his next start, he earned 1st star honors while blanking the Isles 1-0.

It was worth a shot, but don't forget, Richard Park is on that Islander team, he is a very dangerous young superstar.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensFan71 wrote:
wprager wrote:The last time that Fleury was pulled from a game was February 22, a 5-2 loss against the Caps. Three nights later, in his next start, he earned 1st star honors while blanking the Isles 1-0.

It was worth a shot, but don't forget, Richard Park is on that Islander team, he is a very dangerous young superstar.

Plus the advantage that, if their 2nd and 3rd string goalies are injured (their 1st is a given), the GM could strap on the pads and fill in. Might happen!

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Plus the advantage that, if their 2nd and 3rd string goalies are injured (their 1st is a given), the GM could strap on the pads and fill in. Might happen!

no other team I know have has that luxury, to my knowledge anyway, exciting times on long island and it doesn't even involve the tea Laughing3

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Perhaps a bad omen for the Penguins, but as of this morning, Bell had no listings for game 7. All they had (I even did a search) was tomorrow's game 6 on CBC, but nothing after that :S

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dash wrote:Perhaps a bad omen for the Penguins, but as of this morning, Bell had no listings for game 7. All they had (I even did a search) was tomorrow's game 6 on CBC, but nothing after that :S
I think that's typical once they hit the "if needed" point of a schedule. Rogers has nothing on Friday as well for the game.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Perhaps a bad omen for the Penguins, but as of this morning, Bell had no listings for game 7. All they had (I even did a search) was tomorrow's game 6 on CBC, but nothing after that :S

well I know Bell is a big corporation, but I didn't know they had that much control lol.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

This is really good...enjoy the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw2OH8HRnRo&feature=player_embedded

Last edited by davetherave on Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

If I remember correctly though, they normally have all games listed, with those after gm 4 as "If Neccessary". To not have it at all seems weird.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:This is really good...enjoy the video!

What video?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum