GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

CapCentral or Nhlnumbers? Which is the leader for salary cap info?

+6
SeawaySensFan
wprager
davetherave
asq2
Phoenix30
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

CapCentral or Nhlnumbers?

CapCentral or Nhlnumbers?  Which is the leader for salary cap info? Vote_lcap238%CapCentral or Nhlnumbers?  Which is the leader for salary cap info? Vote_rcap2 38% [ 3 ]
CapCentral or Nhlnumbers?  Which is the leader for salary cap info? Vote_lcap262%CapCentral or Nhlnumbers?  Which is the leader for salary cap info? Vote_rcap2 62% [ 5 ]
CapCentral or Nhlnumbers?  Which is the leader for salary cap info? Vote_lcap20%CapCentral or Nhlnumbers?  Which is the leader for salary cap info? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

For a while it was IrishBlues run Cap Central, but lately there seems to be a lot of people saying that nhlnumbers.com has stepped it up and become the most accurate.

Cap Central:
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/index.php

NHL Numbers:
http://www.nhlnumbers.com/

What do you use?

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Oh boy do we have a bunch of RFA's after next season.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phoenix30 wrote:Oh boy do we have a bunch of RFA's after next season.

Just Foligno and Campoli of real consequence though. Shouldn't be a real problem I wouldn't imagine.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I've used both, but I use CapCentral now. IB's a good numbers man.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:Oh boy do we have a bunch of RFA's after next season.

Just Foligno and Campoli of real consequence though. Shouldn't be a real problem I wouldn't imagine.

Along with Campoli and Folingo if Winchester, Lee, and Picard have a good season there should be some areas of concern.

As well if Zubov, Regin and Bass are also quality players that could be of concern if they make the team and well this coming season. I'd consider this an area of concern as that is a good chunk of the team moving forward. On top of that A-train is a UFA and will command some big bucks. I wonder who is going to be kept and moved.

One thing about A-Train is he always gives the hometown discount... The rest of 'em are the reality of the NHL... we are in the samae boat as everyone else....

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

IMHO both sources have their usefulness...I tend to reference NHLNumbers but only because their site is easier for me to use...I don't consider it better or worse than HB's source.

At the end of the day, I expect we are not privy to the actual information that GMs have at their disposal...so our conclusions are at best, educated guesses.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

MurderOnIce wrote:One thing about A-Train is he always gives the hometown discount... The rest of 'em are the reality of the NHL... we are in the samae boat as everyone else....

I'm not so sure he will. He gave it once before when times were tough and the team was on the verge of being a SC contender. If the team stinks next year does he move on in order to win the cup or go where the money is.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Phoenix30 wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:One thing about A-Train is he always gives the hometown discount... The rest of 'em are the reality of the NHL... we are in the samae boat as everyone else....

I'm not so sure he will. He gave it once before when times were tough and the team was on the verge of being a SC contender. If the team stinks next year does he move on in order to win the cup or go where the money is.

I tend to agree. He played above Phillips last year, so he would be completely within reason to be paid more. Still, a defenseman that does not, cannot and will not put up points usually will not get much on the Free Agent market. Stupid money is thrown at guys who can put up 50-60 points, not defensive stalwarts like A-Train.

P.S. Murder, that new avatar of yours, well, all I can say is thank God I still have an old dinosaur CRT monitor. If it was an LCD I think you'd owe me a new one by now.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He'll get 3.75-4 and we'll re-sign for 4 or 5 years. He's not going anywhere. The rest of the RFAs, if they price them selves out of our budget, that would mean they had excellent years and are worth something very nice on the trade market. With the exception of Regin who I can see being a player for us for a while and Foligno who's diddling wicked, I wouldn't lose much sleep over it.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I personally prefer nhlnumbers. I've tried Cap Central and I keep going back to nhlnumbers too.

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

The problem with cap central is that they don't adjust salaries for games played. Currently Mike Comrie is listed as giving a $4 million cap hit for last season whereas NHL numbers has the actual cap hit of $1.118 million. Also, NHL numbers gives the correct salary on a year by year basis whereas cap central only gives the average salary.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

actually mojo if you go into the individual team there is a button that says show player salaries it shows what they are actually making then you can select the same button and change it back to cap hits

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:actually mojo if you go into the individual team there is a button that says show player salaries it shows what they are actually making then you can select the same button and change it back to cap hits

Where is this buttom as I can only see their actual salaries. As I would rather see the cap hit and not the salary.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Phoenix30 wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:actually mojo if you go into the individual team there is a button that says show player salaries it shows what they are actually making then you can select the same button and change it back to cap hits

Where is this buttom as I can only see their actual salaries. As I would rather see the cap hit and not the salary.

in cap central on the right side above the year 2015-2016 there should be a pale green button with white writing that says either show player salaries or it will say show cap hits...depending on what is showing you also have to be looking at an individual team not over all

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum