GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PC or Mac - which to choose

+7
The Silfer Server
wprager
shabbs
caissie_1
davetherave
SeawaySensFan
Phoenix30
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31PC or Mac - which to choose - Page 3 Empty Re: PC or Mac - which to choose Sat May 09, 2009 6:42 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
shabbs wrote:See here for guides on how to install OSX on a PC:

http://osx86.thefreesuite.com/

I did that on my ex PC - made me want a REAL one.
OSX on a PC... the gateway drug to Mac's.

Wink

32PC or Mac - which to choose - Page 3 Empty Re: PC or Mac - which to choose Sat May 09, 2009 6:43 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:I'm typing this on my new 17" Macbook Pro :-)

I was PC for many years but my photography hobby put me onto Mac.

Vista is just a cheap imitation.

Mac OSX is just so well done.

Pretty easy to get an OS working fine when you don't let anybody use it, don't you think? Wink

That's Apple's genius for you. They control everything and it works extremely well.

I used to build my own PC's too. You know, liquid cooled and all that...

Before I had the Macbook Pro, I had a Mac Pro desktop that would wipe the floor with any PC.

I bought it for $2200, sold it for $2000 a year later. Try that with a PC.

33PC or Mac - which to choose - Page 3 Empty Re: PC or Mac - which to choose Sat May 09, 2009 7:22 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It's interesting to see what happens when Apple opens things up to external developers. You can see this with the iPhone/iTouch Apps. Some of them are written pretty badly and can crash or hang the OS.

I have an iTouch and it's pretty amazing. Very slick interface, very well done.

34PC or Mac - which to choose - Page 3 Empty Re: PC or Mac - which to choose Sun May 10, 2009 9:23 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Interesting article...

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9023959

A little outdated.

35PC or Mac - which to choose - Page 3 Empty Re: PC or Mac - which to choose Sun May 10, 2009 9:28 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

More useful information from CNET, one of the authoritative voices in IT products and services.

http://reviews.cnet.com/laptop-buying-guide/

36PC or Mac - which to choose - Page 3 Empty Re: PC or Mac - which to choose Sun May 10, 2009 11:34 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
marakh wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:I'm typing this on my new 17" Macbook Pro :-)

I was PC for many years but my photography hobby put me onto Mac.

Vista is just a cheap imitation.

Mac OSX is just so well done.

Pretty easy to get an OS working fine when you don't let anybody use it, don't you think? Wink

That's Apple's genius for you. They control everything and it works extremely well.

I used to build my own PC's too. You know, liquid cooled and all that...

Before I had the Macbook Pro, I had a Mac Pro desktop that would wipe the floor with any PC.

I bought it for $2200, sold it for $2000 a year later. Try that with a PC.

Wait until the install base is large enough to interest a few virus gurus cool) . With the way Mas are more and more popular, it won't last very long^^.

37PC or Mac - which to choose - Page 3 Empty Re: PC or Mac - which to choose Fri May 15, 2009 2:24 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Any decision yet on this?

38PC or Mac - which to choose - Page 3 Empty Re: PC or Mac - which to choose Fri May 15, 2009 2:27 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Any decision yet on this?

Well i went with the HP HDX from Futureshop. I was told I could give it a try for 2 weeks and if i am not happy I can return it. So still mulling things over.

Here is the HP I am currently giving a try.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10118222&catid=

39PC or Mac - which to choose - Page 3 Empty Re: PC or Mac - which to choose Tue May 19, 2009 8:41 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There was a good article in one of those free Ottawa papers this morning. It was either 24 or that other one I can't remember the name of. It discusses the advantages of going with a PC over a Mac. More software options, Cheaper, more other goodies such as HDMI hookups for your TV among other things. The thing I've heard that the Mac is really good for is Graphic design applications.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum