GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Handles! What does yours mean and why did you choose it?

+16
pgood
Bramlet07
smash88
SensGirl11
Snuh
SensFan71
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
caissie_1
shabbs
Cronie
The Silfer Server
Riprock
Jordo
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We have some pretty obvious ones and some less than obvious ones.

Why did you choose the handle you have now? Does it have a meaning?

For me, I chose 504Heater a long, long time ago. We were all just starting to run HockeyBuzz's Sens forum and someone pointed out that my handle was my e-mail address. I didn't know how to change it, but when I finally got a chance, it was a toss up between two:

The first one that I always have like (and lay claim to - so Diddle off! :D ) is SpezDispenser. If Heater ever gets traded, I would use this. Why? I've always thought Spezza was cool. As a fan, I think he's the most marketable player on the team. Slick, one of the elite playmakers (or he was), a tower of power. At the time, most had opted for Alfie, so I had ruled him out and was deciding between Spezza and...

Obviously Dany Heatley. There were a lot of misconceptions about my handle for a while.

It's:

50 (goals) 4 (for) Heater (Heatley).

I ended up taking this handle when he was making his first drive to 50. I never really thought he'd go for it again.

Go Sens!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There's quite an interesting story behind my handle. Please bear with me here, there are a few twists you may enjoy.

I live in the Seaway Valley and I'm a Senators fan.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:There's quite an interesting story behind my handle. Please bear with me here, there are a few twists you may enjoy.

No way!!!! affraid

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

My name's Jordan. I've been called Jordo my whole life.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:There's quite an interesting story behind my handle. Please bear with me here, there are a few twists you may enjoy.

No way!!!! affraid

I know. A shocking revelation and a rather long post, but I really wanted to share the story behind the story.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Last name is Dash, and Dash Riprock was a character on the Beverly Hillbillies (though I never really watched the show), and Riprock just sounds cool - it's like R.I.P. Rock, cause in many ways ROCK as we once knew (though it was before my time, I still grew up on it) is DEAD!

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I used to be dirtydirtynorth, which is a handle I've used since high school some 8 years ago. I'm a pretty sarcastic person, and i liked making light of myself and what was popular. And at the time, there were a lot of rappers out who took themselves seriously and they coined the term the dirty dirty south. I had thought of calling myself the clean clean north, but it didn't quite have the same ring to it, so i went by dirtydirtynorth. I should also mention i'm pretty clean-cut, and rather preppy.

But then I wanted to change things, because, well that name is rather jovial. So I wanted to go with Weapons of Bass Destruction, because I really like Cody Bass, but that name was too long... So I opted for Bass Destruction. The only problem with this is certain people could read it and think i'm really into techno.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well, mine is a nickname (a very long and drawn-out one LOL) my friends gave me years ago because of my affinity and adoration for Canada's best film director, writer and producer, David Cronenberg.

I know, it's not original, and has NOTHING to do with hockey, but by the time I wanted to change it when I first burst onto the scene over at the Buzz, a lot of current members felt it had become me so I resisted and the name stuck, although Cronie flows much better!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Apparently back in University I said "Not too shabby" far too many times... everyone started calling me Shabby. Shabby turned into Shabbs over the years... and that is where we are today. What's funny is that my friends will introduce me as "shabbs" and some people don't even know my real name.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Mine is really complicated. My last name is caissie and I just added the _1. Im real original lol!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If you don't know mine then you need serious help :D OK for the mentally challenged out there it refers to Alfredsson and his ability to score Clutch goals at the end of games and of course his most famous OT winner to get the team to the Finals and for him to be the first Euro Captain to make it that far.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Mine's just the first letter of my first name and my last name -- it's been my Unix userid and e-mail in a few places. Boring, yeah, I know. On another place I went for "allcoolnamesrtaken" (All cool names are taken) and for a few moments thought that was rather cool ... until I had to type it in a few times.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

When I used to frequent chat sites I used the handle

WillChatForFood and like you Pragues it was a pain to type out and most just called me Will.

- Unknown Author

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

well I am like the few others that have obvious handles on here, first I am a Sens Fan, the 71 obviously being for Nick Foligno, always was a huge fan of his dad when he played (even the blip that he played for the Laughs), so when Ottawa drafted Nick, I knew he was going to be a solid player for us for years to come. (please don't trade him BM)

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

Been a big time Simpsons fan for years, even though the show started to suck a few years ago.

You can look to my sig. for exact details of the origins of "Snuh".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum