GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's Next For Les Canadiens?

+16
caissie_1
Tuk Tuk
PKC
beedub
Jordo
wprager
shabbs
Mariposa Belle
asq2
LeCaptain
SensFan71
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
davetherave
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 14]

106What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:36 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Markov has to be involved, the trade I recall wasn't good enough by a landslide IMO.

SpezD, much depends on the current negotiations between Habs management and Komisarek.

If Mike walks, the view from Montreal is that Francois Beauchemin will be targeted.

There is also a history of transaction between Dale Tallon and Bob Gainey. If, for example, Montreal were to acquire a defenseman from the Hawks--seeing as Chicago has a surplus in that respect--Markov could, then, become the centerpiece of a trade with Tampa.

Again, quite a few elements are in play here. So, we could be in for a very interesting next few weeks and months.

107What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:40 pm

Price in Chicago Dave! lol

108What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:23 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Howie> cool. Dee Snider is a serious motorcyclist too.

But...does he wear hair extensions on stage?

Hey, are you happy the Molsons bought the Habs or what?

PS the waitresses at La Cage Aux Sports are SMOKIN.
Cheers
Montreal has the sexiest women in the world.

109What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:28 pm

davetherave wrote:Howie> cool. Dee Snider is a serious motorcyclist too.

Cheers

Yes I am happy, it will let the club turn the page and move on.

I am somewhat disgruntled however, the molson's owned them before, and ended up selling them. It is only a small matter of time before they are consumed by the same problems, and end up selling it again ....

Edit: the waitresses anywhere are hot! Ahhhhh!

110What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:31 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I never understood why Molsons sold them in the first place. The club was not losing money (or at least not losing enough to offset the millions it made in prior years).

111What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:36 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Molson was publicly traded, these companies routinely sell profitable units to "unlock shareholder value". Wendy's is a recent example with the sale of Tim Horton's (to the public).

Molson is name synonymous with the Canadiens and indeed hockey. This is the right owner, IMO.

Burning Car

112What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:23 pm

Boys, i don't want to sound the alarms, but i'm almost 100% sure that lecavalier is traded to montreal ....

113What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:25 pm

HowieMorenz wrote:Boys, i don't want to sound the alarms, but i'm almost 100% sure that lecavalier is traded to montreal ....

im not concerned. With the amount it would take to get Vinny, Montreal will be even worse next season.

114What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:28 pm

davetherave wrote:Howie> cool. Dee Snider is a serious motorcyclist too.

Cheers

Fixed Rockon

115What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:28 pm

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:
HowieMorenz wrote:Boys, i don't want to sound the alarms, but i'm almost 100% sure that lecavalier is traded to montreal ....

im not concerned. With the amount it would take to get Vinny, Montreal will be even worse next season.

Yeah, hopefully not a huge disappointment, ... i wonder who they gave up .... price? i would say probably, i betcha they get mike smith back ....

116What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:31 pm

HowieMorenz wrote:

Yeah, hopefully not a huge disappointment, ... i wonder who they gave up .... price? i would say probably, i betcha they get mike smith back ....

Where are you hearing this? confused

117What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:36 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Good for them. As a francophone, I believe that's where Vinny belongs.

As a former Habs fan who recognizes what an arrogant fan base they now have, I say:

Burning Car

118What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:38 pm

HowieMorenz wrote:

Where are you hearing this? confused

I seenf it different places off hockeybuzz ... I 'm trying to find the one particular link that mentions .... see this one:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Jay-Bo-to-VAN-e4-Blues-and-Pronger-e3--Isles-may-fly-1-to-Nassau/1/21717

the one i read said there is 100% a blockbuster by montreal to be annouced tomorrow, and the people who knew, had an ear to ear smile that they coudn't keep off their faces ....

119What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:45 pm

I will predict:

Higgins, Price, Markov, Subban

for

Vinnie, smith, Mezaros

120What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:47 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

HowieMorenz wrote:I will predict:

Higgins, Price, Markov, Subban

for

Vinnie, smith, Mezaros
That's a big one... I'm curious to find out, if the rumours are correct that is...

Mesz back in the division? Fine by me... couldn't hit the net for Dung.

121What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:53 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

I would agree the chances are good Lecavalier goes to Montreal.

From RDS, Gainey has not spoken to any of the UFAs except Komisarek.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/277183.html

Apparently the new owners have discussed a plan with Gainey which entails a major reshaping of the club.

This would seem to mean Bob can use virtually all of the $33 million available to him to get the best possible players for the Canadiens.

That's quite a shopping spree.

122What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:55 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

33 milliion dollar shopping spree....... You could do some damage with that

123What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:55 pm

Montreal will give atleast a 1st. and one of Pac or McDonough.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum