GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Playoff Surprises So Far...

+6
SensFan71
LeCaptain
PKC
SensGirl11
davetherave
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

31Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:44 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
well if not Lee, which I alright in giving him another chance, it's down to Bell or Picard, or do we package one of those two with Auld, then that 3rd?

Not Bell, we haven't re-signed him as an RFA and he doesn't have any worth. I've just taking a shot here, but I'd say a 3rd rounder and Ilya Zubov. I doubt the Sharks have a ton of interest in Zubov, but I also think they want a decent prospect.

I could be way off though. Smile

if they were for Zubov, then I say yes, get it done, not sure if he is going to work out in the bigs or not, if they say Smith, Regin, O'Brien, then ixnay on it right away.

Last edited by SensFan71 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total

32Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:46 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

-David Moss
-Brent Seabrook

Neither really huge surprises, but both playing excellent hockey.

-Brian Campbell

He is not.

33Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:50 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'll be surprised if there aren't burning cars and looting after game 4 of the Habs-Bruins series.

34Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:51 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:I'll be surprised if there aren't burning cars and looting after game 4 of the Habs-Bruins series.

The RCMP presence will be boosted for Wednesday's game, which will result in a boost in the sales of donuts at Tim's, which will singlehandedly pull us out of this recession.

35Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:53 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I'll be surprised if there aren't burning cars and looting after game 4 of the Habs-Bruins series.

The RCMP presence will be boosted for Wednesday's game, which will result in a boost in the sales of donuts at Tim's, which will singlehandedly pull us out of this recession.

:^^^^:

36Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:56 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

now's the time to get some stock in Tim's methinks Laughing3

37Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:57 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

I know. Cracks about burning cars in Montreal never get old. Olé. Cheering

38Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:11 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LOL.

Now, the thing is guys, in all seriousness, seeing what those wingnut arseholes did last year when the Habs WON a series, exactly what will they do if they are potentially SWEPT?!?

39Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:15 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cronie wrote:LOL.

Now, the thing is guys, in all seriousness, seeing what those wingnut arseholes did last year when the Habs WON a series, exactly what will they do if they are potentially SWEPT?!?

I'll be popping some fresh corn to watch it unfold on the TV. I recommend Réseau des Informations (RDI).

40Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:17 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:LOL.

bob gainey and carey price effigy burned on St. Catherine's St.

41Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:18 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Price will have a hard time rebounding from this I think.

42Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:21 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh yeah, I have RDI and I'll be watching ever-so-intently (as suggested by Seaway).

Price will likely have an even WORSE year or start of it next season... His confidence is shot, and Gainey needs only to look in the mirror to figure out who's to blame... Sometimes, taking someone out of the frying pan & into the fire WORKS; sadly, sometimes it doesn't and how much longer does this 'psychological' experiment have to continue before Gainey FINALLY realizes he's WRONG!!?!?

43Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gainey rushed Price into the NHL and traded Huet. That was the beginning of a lot of problems. This summer, Price will have to re-learn that going down early to block shots is not going to work against NHLers.

I have a hard time thinking that he will ever be an intimidating presence for the Habs, but, there have been a ton of young goalies to go through this who have rebounded.

Still think he needs to get his arse out of Montreal before they destroy him though.

44Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:08 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Gainey rushed Price into the NHL and traded Huet. That was the beginning of a lot of problems. This summer, Price will have to re-learn that going down early to block shots is not going to work against NHLers.

I have a hard time thinking that he will ever be an intimidating presence for the Habs, but, there have been a ton of young goalies to go through this who have rebounded.

Still think he needs to get his arse out of Montreal before they destroy him though.

that is if he isn't already ruined, I see a very shattered young man on some of those rough nights, its very hard to come back from that I am certain. (without ever being a competitive athlete in any sport myself)

45Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:08 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:Gainey rushed Price into the NHL and traded Huet. That was the beginning of a lot of problems. This summer, Price will have to re-learn that going down early to block shots is not going to work against NHLers.

I am becoming more and more certain that as far of far as your last sentence goes, I think that ship has sailed my friend. I'm not saying the damage the city, coaching decisions and general pressure from the fans and media are irreperable, but they've certainly left him scarred.

46Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:10 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cronie wrote:I am becoming more and more certain that as far of far as your last sentence goes, I think that ship has sailed my friend. I'm not saying the damage the city, coaching decisions and general pressure from the fans and media are irreperable, but they've certainly left him scarred.

Nothing a carton of Mark Ten's can't fix.

47Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:I am becoming more and more certain that as far of far as your last sentence goes, I think that ship has sailed my friend. I'm not saying the damage the city, coaching decisions and general pressure from the fans and media are irreperable, but they've certainly left him scarred.

Possibly yeah.

48Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:23 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Montreal is a city that has been known to chase goalies out or cause them to leave. Roy (he left), Theodore (forced to go), there may be a few more examples, maybe even Huet (traded on a whim or after a bad rollie, not sure what), but wow, Montreal is tough on goalies.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum