GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Biggest shocks, surprises and WTF? moments of the 2010-11 season

+9
asq2
rooneypoo
22_4_ever
strachattack
Hoags
wprager
PTFlea
The Silfer Server
Riprock
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

With the deadline approaching (only 4 days away), that means the 2010-2011 NHL season is approaching the end.

There have been a few trades, signing and waivings, etc. that have left fans thinking and scratching their heads.

What are some moments that have left you in disbelief?

Here are a few:

RFA Clarke MacArthur and Atlanta go to arbitration where the arbitrator rules in favour of a $2.4M/1-yr contract for MacArthur, in which Atlanta walks away from. Macarthur is then signed by the Maple Leafs to a $1.1M/1-yr deal. At the time, people were mocking the Leafs for the signing - about 8 months later, MacArthur has 18g and 46pts. Who looks the fool now?

How about the Canucks trading Michael Grabner in June to the Panthers as part of the Keith Ballard deal. Less than 4 months later Grabner is waived by the Panthers and picked up by the Islanders. He now has 25g and 36 points.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I would say that CockRoche actually ended up being Notch!!! Ohmy...

jk..

Seriously though, maybe how much Kaberle getting in the deal, to me that was just a complete shock!

Or maybe how Phoenix was on the verge of bankrupcy, and have been in and out of news about being sold. Having many assets shipped off, but yet still manage to sit pretty 4th in the West, 1 pt out of 3rd, 5 pts out of 5th.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Grabner is an amazing story - and perhaps a cautionary tale as well.

I crapped myself when the Avs traded EJ for Stewart + Shattenkirk. It happened real late and thought I had had one too many. Beer

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY come back.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

But I think we need a poll to decide if it was a shock, surprise or WTF?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Some of the good ones already mentioned but Elliott for Anderson is still a shock to me.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dallas leading the Pacific for a while and Minnesota coming all the way back from where we were, to a playoff spot.

Franzen scoring 5 against us.

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

For me it was Fisher getting traded. Of course it made a ton of sense by January but if you had told me in September that Fisher would be traded at some point this season I would have questioned it as foolish or just wishful thinking.

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

The fact that Rooney hasn't jumped all over one of the posts in this topic thus far....

Ok,

Mine, is how horrible the Devils were until they brought back Lemaire...

I never thought they would be that bad.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

22_4_ever wrote:The fact that Rooney hasn't jumped all over one of the posts in this topic thus far....

Ok,

I hope that's a joke. As in, the guy I was 'jumping all over' for months was a big fat fraud, yes?

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Ovechkin only has 24 goals so far this year.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Ovechkin only has 24 goals so far this year.

Add the fact that Grabner has 25 and you've got a serious WTF moment.

Or, to put it another way, there are two (yes, TWO) Islanders with more goals than Ovechkin right now. While Moulson's 27 isn't entirely surprising, how his totals, combined with Grabby's, situate them compared to Ovechkin is worthy of a scratch .

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The one-punch of Dipietro. Two goalie fights in a couple days.

Calgary bringing back players that didn't work out originally, going in the tank, firing their GM, and becoming a potential playoff team.

Ottawa's season.

Byfuglien's return as a defenceman. I drafted him late in my pool. After three games, he had 0 pts and was a minus player. I dropped him and picked up someone else. Then he caught fire.

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

rooneypoo wrote:
22_4_ever wrote:The fact that Rooney hasn't jumped all over one of the posts in this topic thus far....

Ok,

I hope that's a joke. As in, the guy I was 'jumping all over' for months was a big fat fraud, yes?

no, it was a very badly attempt at dry humor...

I was simply referring to the feud that you and wprager have been having and his post of Neely Come Back in this thread...

that was it...poorly timed and not very funny..I'm sorry.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

22_4_ever wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Ok,

no, it was a very badly attempt at dry humor...

I was simply referring to the feud that you and wprager have been having and his post of Neely Come Back in this thread...

that was it...poorly timed and not very funny..I'm sorry.

Oh, haha. Me & Wprager is a cat fight, nothing serious. He & the whole team went to bat on this CR thing, and I don't forget that. But CR was something else.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum