GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Flyers at Senators, Saturday April 4, 2009, 7pm ET

+4
asq2
Phoenix30
Riprock
davetherave
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I was watching it on the upstairs TV. Yeah! Fisher scores! I figured my kid would have a huge thrill watching on the PVR tomorrow, then I looked at my watch. I pad the game by 20 minutes but the winning goal came at 9:54 -- missed it by 4 minutes. Damn that review Sad I still think it should have been inconclusive -- that view from the front showed the puck on end -- no way to tell if it was leaning across the line.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

This day in history:

Martin Luther King was assassinated Sad

Sally Ride became the first woman in space -- Ride Sally, Ride

NATO was established.

The ribbon was cut to open up the World Trade Center.

And in 1921 the Ottawa Senators beat the Vancouver Millionnaires to win the Stanley Cup!

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Prags, many thanks for that historical snapshot... :D:

Most importantly for Sens fans tonight, the Ottawa side vaults past their archenemies in Hogtown, setting the stage for a rockem sockem finale.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:Prags, many thanks for that historical snapshot... :D:

Most importantly for Sens fans tonight, the Ottawa side vaults past their archenemies in Hogtown, setting the stage for a rockem sockem finale.

But do we really want to end ahead of them when draft day rolls around? Aaargh!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

We're 8th last now... I'd so prefer if we finish below the Leafs and end up selecting before them.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:We're 8th last now... I'd so prefer if we finish below the Leafs and end up selecting before them.

No kidding. It'll kill me if the Leafs pick right before we do and snag Schenn.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
shabbs wrote:We're 8th last now... I'd so prefer if we finish below the Leafs and end up selecting before them.

Until Schenn and our pick play one full season in the nhl (and even more), I really don't give a $hit if they pick before us to be honest. Can anybody tell me today who will be the better player between Wilson, Boedker, Bailey and Hodgson? I don't think so...
Josefson may become a better player than Schenn as far as Im concerned, not even the best scout in the world would know the answer of this today, so I wont act like getting an 8th pick instead of the 7th would be the end of the world :afro:

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Until Schenn and our pick play one full season in the nhl (and even more), I really don't give a $hit if they pick before us to be honest. Can anybody tell me today who will be the better player between Wilson, Boedker, Bailey and Hodgson? I don't think so...
Josefson may become a better player than Schenn as far as Im concerned, not even the best scout in the world would know the answer of this today, so I wont act like getting an 8th pick instead of the 7th would be the end of the world :afro:

While you're right, I think Schenn is exactly the kind of player this organization has lacked for, well, ever. He's definitely the guy I'd want captaining the team after Alfredsson retires.

At any rate, I was using hyperbole.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

marakh wrote:I really don't give a $hit if they pick before us to be honest.
I don't give a $hit who we actually pick, I just want to pick before the Leafs.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, last night was Clouston's 30th game - taking his record to a respectable 17-10-3 (37 points). Over an 82 game season, that would be equivalent to 46-27-8 (100 points). Not bad, and hopefully something he can continue and improve upon next season.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:

Lol, it's like saying, I dont give a $hit if we don't win the cup, I just want to finish higher than the Leafs Laughing3

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

marakh wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Lol, it's like saying, I dont give a $hit if we don't win the cup, I just want to finish higher than the Leafs Laughing3
HA HA!

Once we were eliminated, this is the position I took.

Heh heh.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Marakh, no disrespect, but isn't your avatar slightly, ahem, morose...for a hockey thread? Just asking...
:KJK:

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
marakh wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Marakh, no disrespect, but isn't your avatar slightly, ahem, morose...for a hockey thread? Just asking...

I know, but it is to this day still the best movie Ive ever seen. The saddest, but the best. IT is also an wink to Spielberg, I think he is the best director alive, not taking into account the "cheap" projects like Jurassik Park.
But seriously, Jaws, Indiana Jones, ET, Schindler's list, Amistad, Catch me if you can, The Terminal, Savign Private Ryan... just ridiculous.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
I know, but it is to this day still the best movie Ive ever seen. The saddest, but the best. IT is also an wink to Spielberg, I think he is the best director alive, not taking into account the "cheap" projects like Jurassik Park.
But seriously, Jaws, Indiana Jones, ET, Schindler's list, Amistad, Catch me if you can, The Terminal, Savign Private Ryan... just ridiculous.

OK, I get it...the subject is though, shall we say...not what one would call 'entertainment'...rather, a human tragedy of overwhelming proportion.

Just asking.

I've never seen this movie you guys are talkin about... wanna clue me in? :D:

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:
davetherave wrote:
marakh wrote:
shabbs wrote:

You're forgetting Duel and Back to the Future -- another couple of classics Smile Actually, I just re-watched BttF this morning with the kids.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:I've never seen this movie you guys are talkin about... wanna clue me in? :D:

Schindler's List.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum