GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marshy's not in expansion plans

+4
PTFlea
caissie_1
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Marshy's not in expansion plans Empty Marshy's not in expansion plans Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:28 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I heard on the Team1200 yesterday that there are plans to expand ScotiaBank Place and Marshy's will close.

What do you guys think of that? I wonder if it's Melnyk and Brad Marsh unable to come to an agreement or if it's just Brad Marsh not willing or able to have both the ScotiaBank and Centrepointe locations running in the current economy?

- Unknown Author

2Marshy's not in expansion plans Empty Re: Marshy's not in expansion plans Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:31 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I heard on the Team1200 yesterday that there are plans to expand ScotiaBank Place and Marshy's will close.

What do you guys think of that? I wonder if it's Melnyk and Brad Marsh unable to come to an agreement or if it's just Brad Marsh not willing or able to have both the ScotiaBank and Centrepointe locations running in the current economy?

I didn't hear that. What are the scope of the changes? Increased seating? New facilities? Hotel? Any details?

3Marshy's not in expansion plans Empty Re: Marshy's not in expansion plans Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:33 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I heard about that too yesterday. Maybe they'll just open a Sens Bar, that would be cool.

4Marshy's not in expansion plans Empty Re: Marshy's not in expansion plans Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:33 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

I heard it on senschirp last week also..

5Marshy's not in expansion plans Empty Re: Marshy's not in expansion plans Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:38 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sorry MOI. I only heard a quick blurb while driving home and there's nothing in the Sun from what I can see.

- Unknown Author

6Marshy's not in expansion plans Empty Re: Marshy's not in expansion plans Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's gonna be a Bert's Bar. Smile Should be pretty cool to be honest.

7Marshy's not in expansion plans Empty Re: Marshy's not in expansion plans Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:05 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I heard that bringing in a Bert's bar was one of the possible options but there was more happening than just Marshy's leaving.

- Unknown Author

8Marshy's not in expansion plans Empty Re: Marshy's not in expansion plans Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:13 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

That would be so sweet. I'd definitely check it out. I haven't been to Marshy's even once...so, it's really no loss for me.

9Marshy's not in expansion plans Empty Re: Marshy's not in expansion plans Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:47 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I remember when I was in charge of my buddy's bachelor party (not the type you hear about) I got tickets to the Sens game, a limo, and supper at Marshy's before the game. Brad Marsh even came out and posed for pictures. My friend still talks about how huge his hands were (he shook his hand in the picture).

The funny part of that story is that I got group rates by getting 20 tickets, and I ended up selling the extras at work. Then I got the bull from the Sens and it it was *double* what I thought 20 tickets at $40 each -- that was a decade ago). I freaked. Apparently the promo was *not* for this particular game. A 2-1 loss to the Devils at the height of their trapping style -- they really should have paid *me* to take the tickets.

10Marshy's not in expansion plans Empty Re: Marshy's not in expansion plans Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:03 pm

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie

WTF!!! Expand it? How bout putting a cent into fixing what is
wrong with it starting with that piece of garbage jumbotron and the
fact that it looks like they just gave up when they created the 2nd
level corridor. Only the Pens and the Sens have those laughing stock
screens. They could also use the money to perhaps have one or two
parking lot attendants AFTER the game help move the flow of
traffic. I've been to probably 50 arenas/stadiums and it is not
even close, the Sens have the worst parking system in history.

It's a nice facility but there are many problems with it that should be fixed before they start expanding it.

11Marshy's not in expansion plans Empty Re: Marshy's not in expansion plans Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:10 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

I agree about the jumbotron. There are many areas in the league that have the nice big screens (i.e. Bell Centre). I am tired of trying to watch those "saves of the week" and "plays of the week" videos where you can't see anything.

12Marshy's not in expansion plans Empty Re: Marshy's not in expansion plans Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:45 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Man, now you make me want to go to the Bell Centre to see their jumbotron. See, I used to be ab Expos fan back in the day, so I stil remember that monochrome screen of yellow-ish lightbulbs. Our jumbotron is the freaking Mona Lisa by comparison.

And as for the parking, there are tricks that help, for sure. Or you can park up the street and walk, or you can park a little futher and split a taxi. Or go have a quick bite at Marshy's (Bert's) until it thins out.

Waiting 15-20 minutes in your car practically not moving is the pits, but you hardly notice the time if you spend a half hour at the bar or a table, watching the highlights of the night.

13Marshy's not in expansion plans Empty Re: Marshy's not in expansion plans Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:29 am

Nasty Nas wrote:WTF!!! Expand it? How bout putting a cent into fixing what is
wrong with it starting with that piece of garbage jumbotron and the
fact that it looks like they just gave up when they created the 2nd
level corridor. Only the Pens and the Sens have those laughing stock
screens. They could also use the money to perhaps have one or two
parking lot attendants AFTER the game help move the flow of
traffic. I've been to probably 50 arenas/stadiums and it is not
even close, the Sens have the worst parking system in history.

It's a nice facility but there are many problems with it that should be fixed before they start expanding it.
You ever go to a Bills game in Buffalo. Christ that sucks.

14Marshy's not in expansion plans Empty Re: Marshy's not in expansion plans Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:13 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think Marshy got a sweetheart deal when the rink opened and it's the end of the line on that deal?

Now that ogre Melnyk is squeezing out poor Marshy to bring in Bert's Bar.

15Marshy's not in expansion plans Empty Re: Marshy's not in expansion plans Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:02 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I think Marshy got a sweetheart deal when the rink opened and it's the end of the line on that deal?

Now that ogre Melnyk is squeezing out poor Marshy to bring in Bert's Bar.

I think it has to do with Marshy's not opting in to allowing patrons to use money stored on their game tickets to pay for their food or drink like all other establishments at ScotiaBank Place. Just my thoughts anyway. They probably couldn't come to an agreement so it's bye bye?

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum