GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Nick Foligno Recognition thread

+8
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
caissie_1
Acrobat
Jordo
Cronie
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1The Nick Foligno Recognition thread Empty The Nick Foligno Recognition thread Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:57 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I realise this is more for recognising the players that aren't getting as much recognition as they should but I think Foligno's efforts are worthy of a thread topic. Foligno struggled under both Paddock and Hartsburgh but since Clouston has come in he's been absolutely on fire. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe 10 or more of his 16 goals have come since Clouston came on board. Foligno has solidified a top six forward position for at least this season as well. That line of Foligno, Fisher and Shannon is not only a lightening quick offensive threat but they also act like a wrecking crew out there (excluding little Shannon of course). They have the skill and offense of a second line but the grinding, hard hitting, forechecking style of a checking third line. Clouston has shown a lot of confidence in Foligno and his efforts have been rewarded with some prime Power play minutes which he's taken full advantage of.

- Unknown Author

2The Nick Foligno Recognition thread Empty Re: The Nick Foligno Recognition thread Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:05 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I realise this is more for recognising the players that aren't getting as much recognition as they should but I think Foligno's efforts are worthy of a thread topic. Foligno struggled under both Paddock and Hartsburgh but since Clouston has come in he's been absolutely on fire. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe 10 or more of his 16 goals have come since Clouston came on board. Foligno has solidified a top six forward position for at least this season as well. That line of Foligno, Fisher and Shannon is not only a lightening quick offensive threat but they also act like a wrecking crew out there (excluding little Shannon of course). They have the skill and offense of a second line but the grinding, hard hitting, forechecking style of a checking third line. Clouston has shown a lot of confidence in Foligno and his efforts have been rewarded with some prime Power play minutes which he's taken full advantage of.

couldn't have said it any better, Kudos to Foligno, we are loving your play and hope it continues well into seasons in the future.

3The Nick Foligno Recognition thread Empty Re: The Nick Foligno Recognition thread Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:16 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm really excited to see what a Foligno, Fisher, Shannon line can do for a full 82 game schedule. If they remain legitimate threats then we can keep the Pizza line together too. This team will have found it's secondary scoring and goaltending if that's the case. Now on to PMD.

- Unknown Author

4The Nick Foligno Recognition thread Empty Re: The Nick Foligno Recognition thread Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:18 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'm really excited to see what a Foligno, Fisher, Shannon line can do for a full 82 game schedule. If they remain legitimate threats then we can keep the Pizza line together too. This team will have found it's secondary scoring and goaltending if that's the case. Now on to PMD.

you mean we might get to drop the label of "one line team", oh my god, that would be so refreshing to not hear that for once.

5The Nick Foligno Recognition thread Empty Re: The Nick Foligno Recognition thread Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:35 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tell me about it SF.

I LOVE this FFS line, and I truly hope that Shannon and Foligno remain the fold for quite some time, as they are just flying out there, and under Clouston's tutelage, they appear to be not only having a ball out there, but contributing every time they hit the ice.

As a matter of fact the ENTIRE team is buying in and contributing under CLouston.

6The Nick Foligno Recognition thread Empty Re: The Nick Foligno Recognition thread Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:21 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:Tell me about it SF.

I LOVE this FFS line, and I truly hope that Shannon and Foligno remain the fold for quite some time, as they are just flying out there, and under Clouston's tutelage, they appear to be not only having a ball out there, but contributing every time they hit the ice.

As a matter of fact the ENTIRE team is buying in and contributing under CLouston.

guess the next question will be, is murray actually going to offer a contract to Clouston after the season is said and done?

7The Nick Foligno Recognition thread Empty Re: The Nick Foligno Recognition thread Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:22 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

He absolutely is. It's a good managerial move by Melnyk/Murray... Let this guy have the reigns for the rest of the season- see what he does with it- then give him a congratulatory contract when all is said and done. I would be tremendously surprised if Clouston wasn't resigned in the off season.

8The Nick Foligno Recognition thread Empty Re: The Nick Foligno Recognition thread Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:25 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Jordo wrote:He absolutely is. It's a good managerial move by Melnyk/Murray... Let this guy have the reigns for the rest of the season- see what he does with it- then give him a congratulatory contract when all is said and done. I would be tremendously surprised if Clouston wasn't resigned in the off season.

I think Melnyk/Murray will get many flaming bags of dog poo if a contract is not signed by clouston heading into next year, however, do you sign him long term or do you sign him on a year by year basis?

9The Nick Foligno Recognition thread Empty Re: The Nick Foligno Recognition thread Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:28 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think you have to give him a multi-year contract personally.

- Unknown Author

10The Nick Foligno Recognition thread Empty Re: The Nick Foligno Recognition thread Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:32 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I realise this is more for recognising the players that aren't getting as much recognition as they should but I think Foligno's efforts are worthy of a thread topic. Foligno struggled under both Paddock and Hartsburgh but since Clouston has come in he's been absolutely on fire. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe 10 or more of his 16 goals have come since Clouston came on board. Foligno has solidified a top six forward position for at least this season as well. That line of Foligno, Fisher and Shannon is not only a lightening quick offensive threat but they also act like a wrecking crew out there (excluding little Shannon of course). They have the skill and offense of a second line but the grinding, hard hitting, forechecking style of a checking third line. Clouston has shown a lot of confidence in Foligno and his efforts have been rewarded with some prime Power play minutes which he's taken full advantage of.

Does that make him a 30-goal threat? :D

Seriously, I'd echo several of the above - it's nice to have some scoring from "anyone other than the Big 3"

11The Nick Foligno Recognition thread Empty Re: The Nick Foligno Recognition thread Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:08 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I think you have to give him a multi-year contract personally.

I would give him a 2 year deal and go from there.

12The Nick Foligno Recognition thread Empty Re: The Nick Foligno Recognition thread Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'm really excited to see what a Foligno, Fisher, Shannon line can do for a full 82 game schedule. If they remain legitimate threats then we can keep the Pizza line together too. This team will have found it's secondary scoring and goaltending if that's the case. Now on to PMD.

Yeah, I'm really excited to see what they can do in a full sched as well.

Foligno has been really, really impressive. I said in one of the Game Day's that we appear to be witnessing the first Senator to be farmed, nurtured and ultimately make an impact at the NHL level since...well it's been a while...probably Meszaros' first year. It's a very cool thing to witness as a fan and a fan of the game.

Pack on another 5-10 pounds of muscle and this guy will be a Ryan Clowe clone.

Go Foligno! :KKK:

13The Nick Foligno Recognition thread Empty Re: The Nick Foligno Recognition thread Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:00 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I want another Martin Havlat (Not made of glass). When is that next guy coming for the Sens?

- Unknown Author

14The Nick Foligno Recognition thread Empty Re: The Nick Foligno Recognition thread Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I want another Martin Havlat (Not made of glass). When is that next guy coming for the Sens?

That would be MSP Sad

Richard Panick is near our 2nd round pick, if we could move up and grab him, he appears to be in the Havlat mold.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=108683

Or...Andre Petersson is Martin Havlat for sure. Unfortunately, right down to his lack of defensive skills, but apparently they're working with him to correct that.

Peter Regin is close as well, but he's missing the explosive speed Havlat had - and potentially the scoring ability at the NHL level.

15The Nick Foligno Recognition thread Empty Re: The Nick Foligno Recognition thread Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:15 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Don't forget Havlat was killing penalties in Ottawa before he left. You don't remember him as a Short handed threat?

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum