GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Random Video Thread

+33
tim1_2
Ev
spader
stempniaksen
Hoags
CockRoche
sens4win
beedub
SensHulk
Bramlet07
M_Christopher
SensFan71
Amnesia021
SensGirl11
notch77
LeCaptain
Jordo
TheAvatar
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Tuk Tuk
caissie_1
Riprock
wprager
Snuh
PTFlea
pgood
Acrobat
asq2
shabbs
The Silfer Server
Cronie
37 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 32 of 42]

466Random Video Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Random Video Thread Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:54 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I've since read that it's a viral video.

http://mastercom.over-blog.com/article-3d-no-glasses-by-jonathan-post-viral-video-reveal-65264395.html

467Random Video Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Random Video Thread Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:58 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Death Ray of Death FTW!

468Random Video Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Random Video Thread Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:47 pm

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

Canadian Short Film on the locking of eyes and 'love at first sight' between two strangers.

Nuit Blanche from Spy Films on Vimeo.

469Random Video Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Random Video Thread Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:43 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Beautiful. Is it nominated?

470Random Video Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Random Video Thread Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:35 pm

From the files of "Way too much free time on their hands" comes this video.

471Random Video Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Random Video Thread Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:10 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LMAO

472Random Video Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Random Video Thread Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:26 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm surprised no-one has yet posted (or talked about) the Serene Branson Grammys screw-up.

473Random Video Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Random Video Thread Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:57 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Beautiful. Is it nominated?

From what I can tell, it won a $100,000 Canadian HD Short Film prize in Toronto in early 2010. But other than that, I don't think there are many short film festivals, or award ceremonies.

This is a pretty neat making of video:

474Random Video Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Random Video Thread Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:13 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Very cool. It's really amazing what they can do with CGI. And yet almost as amazing as to what they can't. I still have not seen a CGI face that looked half-way human.

475Random Video Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Random Video Thread Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:26 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

This is the closest thing so far I believe to 'lifelike' CGI. It's really cool and that's coming from a non-techie. To people who really understand what's going on, it must be way cooler.

476Random Video Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Random Video Thread Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:30 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The actors now have to do the actions (for the motion capture), get into makeup (for the facial scanning), and speak the lines. So why not just stick a simple camera in front of them and do away with all the back-end processing? That Nuite Blanche short does exactly that. The CGI is left for the parts you cannot do with live actors (like going face-first through a plate of glass, or stopping a speeding car with your shinbone.

477Random Video Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Random Video Thread Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:04 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is *seriously* insane:

478Random Video Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Random Video Thread Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:00 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

^ That's amazing. Absolutely beautiful shots! If I were to ever do that, substitute in your mind the smoke for pee, the whole way down. It'd be quite the feet.

And by "if I were to ever do that" I mean if people kidnapped me, put that suit on me, drove me to the top of the cliff, and threw me off the top of the mountain.

But again, just stunning shots.

479Random Video Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Random Video Thread Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:48 am

Bass Destruction wrote:^ That's amazing. Absolutely beautiful shots! If I were to ever do that, substitute in your mind the smoke for pee, the whole way down. It'd be quite the feet.

And by "if I were to ever do that" I mean if people kidnapped me, put that suit on me, drove me to the top of the cliff, and threw me off the top of the mountain.

But again, just stunning shots.

I'd love to try that, with the appropriate training of course. I wonder if they do tandem "flying".

480Random Video Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Random Video Thread Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:57 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's not "flying". It's falling ... with style.

By the way, I did not watch all the way to the end, but did they show any clips of them actually landing? How do we know these aren't just assisted suicides for terminal patients?

481Random Video Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Random Video Thread Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:09 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

THIS... is WINNING...

482Random Video Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Random Video Thread Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:45 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just saw this on JKL:

483Random Video Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Random Video Thread Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:35 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ice Cube... Check Yo Self... ORIGINAL version baby...

Old school...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum