GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

For the video gamers

+6
PTFlea
beedub
Jordo
PKC
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1For the video gamers Empty For the video gamers Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:28 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

somehow we went from Carrie Underwood to video games in another unrelated thread, by the way, great pictures heater, Carrie is definitely smoking hot and you reminded us of that lol. Anyway, down to business and gaming, this is just a throw out to anyone, from all the history of hockey games (EA series or not), what was your favorite and why?

I will get the ball rolling, even though the graphics were horrible compared to today's standards, my favorite hockey game on any console was Blades of Steel, I played that game for hours on end on my friends NES, almost beat every level too. I didn't like the goalie controls, but always compensated by scoring tons of goals for winning, which is a bit harder at the higher levels, but if you win lots of fights, you always got an automated breakaway, that was my meal ticket lol. Look forward to seeing everyone else's answers.

Chin up all, we will be bouncing back on Thursday, time to smack around Sundin again.

2For the video gamers Empty Re: For the video gamers Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:43 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Worst hockey game. "Stanley Cup"

3For the video gamers Empty Re: For the video gamers Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:52 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I'd say NHL 09 is the best all-around hockey game ever. And is certainly in contention for greatest sports game ever made. The options are ridiculously deep, the gameplay is outstanding, graphics, AI, and game physics are a cut above everything else and the competitiveness of the game is legendary.

4For the video gamers Empty Re: For the video gamers Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:57 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:I'd say NHL 09 is the best all-around hockey game ever. And is certainly in contention for greatest sports game ever made. The options are ridiculously deep, the gameplay is outstanding, graphics, AI, and game physics are a cut above everything else and the competitiveness of the game is legendary.

no kidding, I am just one of the poor unfortunate people have the PS2 version of NHL 09, so I don't get to reap the full benefits of be a pro mode. damn wish that PS3 was cheaper lol.

5For the video gamers Empty Re: For the video gamers Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:07 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

NHL 09 is amazing, there's no question there.

Blades of steel was AMAZING though. I loved that if you got in a fight, the loser went to the penalty box. Amazing. And the game between periods for whoever was leading? Sweet!

6For the video gamers Empty Re: For the video gamers Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:14 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I'd have to check with Capn Clutch, but I believe it is NHL2K6 where they have all the allstar challenges if you decide you want to take a break from game play.

It's all in how fast you can jam the buttons or rock the joystick (for PS2). tons of fun. Capn Clutch and I had many a blister from that damned game

7For the video gamers Empty Re: For the video gamers Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:16 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
no kidding, I am just one of the poor unfortunate people have the PS2 version of NHL 09, so I don't get to reap the full benefits of be a pro mode. damn wish that PS3 was cheaper lol.

Me too. I still play it all the time, but I can't help but crush teams in the double digits every game - and I'm on All-Star Mode or whatever the highest mode is.

Meh...whatever. For some odd reason it's still really, really fun.

8For the video gamers Empty Re: For the video gamers Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:24 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I keep going back to NHL 06 for some reason. The later versions don't do it for me.

9For the video gamers Empty Re: For the video gamers Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:25 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Me too. I still play it all the time, but I can't help but crush teams in the double digits every game - and I'm on All-Star Mode or whatever the highest mode is.

Meh...whatever. For some odd reason it's still really, really fun.

you sir are a sadist for allowing yourself to crush teams like that lol, should allow yourself to branch out online and whoop players that way and not the computer, unless you are whooping those Wang online players, if you are, then keep on keeping on.

10For the video gamers Empty Re: For the video gamers Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:40 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
you sir are a sadist for allowing yourself to crush teams like that lol, should allow yourself to branch out online and whoop players that way and not the computer, unless you are whooping those Wang online players, if you are, then keep on keeping on.

Yeah, I guess that's an option. I don't like these little 15 year olds who can beat the snot out of me with trick moves. I played a couple of times and got smoked, so I faded back into the shadows. Smile

What I should do - and it's hard - is take one of the crappiest National teams and try to win the EA Cup or whatever it is. That's one heck of a challenge.

11For the video gamers Empty Re: For the video gamers Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:45 am

I have all the current NHL games made by EA but prefer the old Sega versions where the "cheap" backhander tricks, one-timers, and loop around the goal never seemed to fail Razz

In terms of best game of all time, I dont think anything comes close to NBA JAM. I've never met anyone who (a) didnt know that game (b) didnt like that game.

12For the video gamers Empty Re: For the video gamers Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:29 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Blazer wrote:I have all the current NHL games made by EA but prefer the old Sega versions where the "cheap" backhander tricks, one-timers, and loop around the goal never seemed to fail Razz

In terms of best game of all time, I dont think anything comes close to NBA JAM. I've never met anyone who (a) didnt know that game (b) didnt like that game.

to be honest with you, never did get into playing NBA games on any consoles, I had one, NBA 2000 it was I believe, it still had the Grizzlies in Vancouver and Carter was still with the Raptors as well as T-Mac, but never got into it. The only other sport game I have played (and technically it's not a sport, it's sports entertainment) was the smack down series on PS1/2. If I wasn't a custom character, I was always playing as the Undertaker.

13For the video gamers Empty Re: For the video gamers Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:45 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Blazer wrote:I have all the current NHL games made by EA but prefer the old Sega versions where the "cheap" backhander tricks, one-timers, and loop around the goal never seemed to fail Razz

Best Ottawa Senator for that move? Jeff Lazaro... Yeah, you read that right!

14For the video gamers Empty Re: For the video gamers Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:11 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Haha. Nothing beats Jeremy Roenick in NHL 94. That guy was awesome. Remember that awesome line from Swingers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owk4S0GGDbU

NBA Jam was SICK. Do you guys remember the game "Arch Rivals" on the original NES? Another sweet game.

NFL Blitz for 64 was a lot of fun too, because there wasn't the Dung and complexity of calls like in Madden, and you can just smoke people.

15For the video gamers Empty Re: For the video gamers Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NHL Hitz is a ton of fun as well. I schooled Mel many times before she made me put it away. Smile

EDIT: By 'it away', obviously I was referring to my Wang.

Last edited by 504Heater on Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum