GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

It took a while, but finally Havlat gets hurt

+6
davetherave
caissie_1
Cronie
beedub
SensFan71
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Havlat left the Chicago/Colorado game in the 2nd with what appeared to be a lower body injury. No word yet on how long he'll be out.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Havlat left the Chicago/Colorado game in the 2nd with what appeared to be a lower body injury. No word yet on how long he'll be out.

okay who won the pool this year? he was more resilient this year though, we will give him credit, hopefully for chicago he will be back for playoffs.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Isn't it usually upper body with this guy, his shoulder?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

beedub wrote:Isn't it usually upper body with this guy, his shoulder?

That or his groin. It's been a toss-up to see which one he could blow out first each year.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

let's see how long he's out of commission on this one...

I'm betting 2-3 weeks...

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Im guessing he will take as much time possible but will return for the playoffs!

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Here is the story from the Chicago Tribune.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/icing/2009/03/havlat-daytoday-for-blackhawks.html

The veteran suffered a lower-body injury during the second period of Sunday's 5-1 loss to the Colorado Avalanche and didn't return.

"Havvy is day-to-day," Hawks coach Joel Quenneville said. "He was much better today than when he left the game the other day."
When I asked Quenneville if there's a possibility Havlat could play Wednesday night when the Hawks host the Carolina Hurricanes, the coach paused and said: "I'll say yes."

The Hawks recalled center Tim Brent from Rockford of the American Hockey League and he's expected to play if Havlat can't go.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

^Interesting to see Havlat referred to as a "veteran."

Time flies, I suppose.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I miss Marty.... wish he was around on the Sens cause there's a few guys I'd like to see him kick in the gonads.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:I miss Marty.... wish he was around on the Sens cause there's a few guys I'd like to see him kick in the gonads.

On other teams, or on ours? Razz

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Both!

They should make a Martin Havlat action figure with groin kicking action. :^^^:

asq2 wrote:
Dash wrote:I miss Marty.... wish he was around on the Sens cause there's a few guys I'd like to see him kick in the gonads.

On other teams, or on ours? Razz

Too bad dude was made of glass because he was fast as lightning, great hands and a nasty... although tiny... little SOB. Fun to watch and the cure for secondary scoring. Problem is, if you relied on him for primary scoring you would be disappointed 50% of the time...

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

He's a pending UFA.... perhaps we entice him back here, at say, 3-4 million? Is it in the budget? (I'd also like to keep Comrie, so.... I would say not unless someone with big salary is leaving).

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Martin Havlat has had an excellent year so far. His two way play and playmaking--as well as his skill around the net--have been first class. Very exciting player to watch.

Why did Ottawa trade him? scratch

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

davetherave wrote:Martin Havlat has had an excellent year so far. His two way play and playmaking--as well as his skill around the net--have been first class. Very exciting player to watch.

Why did Ottawa trade him? scratch

He wanted $6 million a year. There was no way that he could be kept (and everyone else ) under the cap.

He was always injured. I believe that he held out once or twice.(a la Yashin)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum