GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gary Roberts hangs 'em up

+5
SensFan71
beedub
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Empty Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

TSN is reporting that Roberts is retiring. Never did like him (my buddy who's a second cousin won't like me saying that), but in a strange way I'll miss him.

2Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Empty Re: Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:23 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

I never liked him either but he was a pretty good player to bad he couldn't at least finish out the season

3Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Empty Re: Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:28 pm

About time.

4Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Empty Re: Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:31 pm

I remember back when he scored 50 goals. I was what..... 7? Sarcasm

5Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Empty Re: Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I have no ill-will towards him, but I won't shed a tear either.

Bye bye Gary.

6Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Empty Re: Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:39 pm

At one time he was my favorite player. Then he joined the Leafs and I couldn't bring myself to like him since that day Sad

Helluva player though!

7Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Empty Re: Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:45 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

A really good player in his prime, another athlete who stayed on perhaps a year or 5 too many

8Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Empty Re: Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:40 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

have to respect this guy a lot, especially with the effort he brings to the table. We all know we would have loved to have this guy on our side during those toronto years of losing in the playoffs, not saying he was the whole thing that contributed to us losing, but it could have shifted the balance in our favour for sure.

9Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Empty Re: Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:47 pm

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

I always hate to see great players forced to hang up the skates. He had an incredible career worthy of respect.

Still hate the Diddle bastard

10Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Empty Re: Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:47 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bring him in as a conditioning coach...

11Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Empty Re: Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:18 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Bring him in as a conditioning coach...

that would really goad Toronto eh, I am all for it lol.

12Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Empty Re: Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:50 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Chris Chelios would be my preference as a conditioning coach, if the Diddle would stop playing. The Sens could do THEIR stationary biking in the sauna like Cheli does (freak)

13Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Empty Re: Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:54 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

beedub wrote:Chris Chelios would be my preference as a conditioning coach, if the Diddle would stop playing. The Sens could do THEIR stationary biking in the sauna like Cheli does (freak)

are you kidding me? he rides the stationary bike in the sauna? now that is dedication lol. Gordie Howe might be another option, when he was playing in his 60's, he was in better than shape then Kyle Wellfed (to wellwood's credit, he has turned it around a bit)

14Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Empty Re: Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:09 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So long Gary, Farewell.

you had a good run.

Hemmy: hilarious avatar dude!

Bee: VERY sweet avatar BTW

15Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Empty Re: Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:44 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

SensFan71 wrote:
beedub wrote:Chris Chelios would be my preference as a conditioning coach, if the Diddle would stop playing. The Sens could do THEIR stationary biking in the sauna like Cheli does (freak)

are you kidding me? he rides the stationary bike in the sauna? now that is dedication lol. Gordie Howe might be another option, when he was playing in his 60's, he was in better than shape then Kyle Wellfed (to wellwood's credit, he has turned it around a bit)

Wellwood had no other direction to go - saying he turned it around is like saying we're in a warm spell because April will be warmer than January.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum