GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gary Roberts hangs 'em up

+5
SensFan71
beedub
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Gary Roberts hangs 'em up - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:54 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

beedub wrote:Chris Chelios would be my preference as a conditioning coach, if the Diddle would stop playing. The Sens could do THEIR stationary biking in the sauna like Cheli does (freak)

are you kidding me? he rides the stationary bike in the sauna? now that is dedication lol. Gordie Howe might be another option, when he was playing in his 60's, he was in better than shape then Kyle Wellfed (to wellwood's credit, he has turned it around a bit)

17Gary Roberts hangs 'em up - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:09 am

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So long Gary, Farewell.

you had a good run.

Hemmy: hilarious avatar dude!

Bee: VERY sweet avatar BTW

18Gary Roberts hangs 'em up - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:44 am

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

SensFan71 wrote:
beedub wrote:Chris Chelios would be my preference as a conditioning coach, if the Diddle would stop playing. The Sens could do THEIR stationary biking in the sauna like Cheli does (freak)

are you kidding me? he rides the stationary bike in the sauna? now that is dedication lol. Gordie Howe might be another option, when he was playing in his 60's, he was in better than shape then Kyle Wellfed (to wellwood's credit, he has turned it around a bit)

Wellwood had no other direction to go - saying he turned it around is like saying we're in a warm spell because April will be warmer than January.

19Gary Roberts hangs 'em up - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:46 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Acrobat wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Wellwood had no other direction to go - saying he turned it around is like saying we're in a warm spell because April will be warmer than January.

good point, but hey, he got out of toronto, that is a blessing there and Vancouver will see more playoff games than Toronto ever will in the next 10 years

20Gary Roberts hangs 'em up - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:36 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

SensFan71 wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

good point, but hey, he got out of toronto, that is a blessing there and Vancouver will see more playoff games than Toronto ever will in the next 10 years

As much as I dislike the Leafs (or perhaps because I do), I hope that they make the playoffs this year, and play exactly four games. And repeat this pattern every year for the next 10.

Makes for lousy draft picks. :D

21Gary Roberts hangs 'em up - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:42 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Acrobat wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

As much as I dislike the Leafs (or perhaps because I do), I hope that they make the playoffs this year, and play exactly four games. And repeat this pattern every year for the next 10.

he he he you are evil, but I love it, that would make a mockery of Burke's 6 year plan lol. Mid round picks are not the way to rebuild a floundering organization, so the winning starts tonight with Leafs at SBP, as much as I hate it, am rooting for them to win.

22Gary Roberts hangs 'em up - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:47 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

SensFan71 wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

he he he you are evil, but I love it, that would make a mockery of Burke's 6 year plan lol. Mid round picks are not the way to rebuild a floundering organization, so the winning starts tonight with Leafs at SBP, as much as I hate it, am rooting for them to win.

Four games (or five is OK) also means the minimum number of home playoff dates - thus minimizing revenue for them. Not that they care or anything. But I just don't like the Leafs.

Last edited by Acrobat on Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : move text to where it was supposed to be)

23Gary Roberts hangs 'em up - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:55 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Four games (or five is OK) also means the minimum number of home playoff dates - thus minimizing revenue for them. Not that they care or anything. But I just don't like the Leafs.

he he he hit them where it hurts, and that damn team could only win 5 games a season and the bloody seats at the ACC would be filled, they all would be Wing Dang Doodle, but they all would be there. I hate the leafs too, I just don't say it around my wife lol, she is a diehard leafs fan, plus pregnant, so hormones could lead to me getting hurt.

24Gary Roberts hangs 'em up - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:43 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Pregnant wife, and here you are pulling up bikini-laden pics.

Take a lot of cold showers?

25Gary Roberts hangs 'em up - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Roberts hangs 'em up Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:26 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Acrobat wrote:Pregnant wife, and here you are pulling up bikini-laden pics.

Take a lot of cold showers?

yeah thankfully no, mind you, if you saw the most recent, you would never believe me lol.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum