GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Satan and Roberts - waived!

+4
Nasty Nas
LeCaptain
dennycrane
PTFlea
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Satan and Roberts - waived! Empty Satan and Roberts - waived! Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Both players waived per TSN.

WTF?

2Satan and Roberts - waived! Empty Re: Satan and Roberts - waived! Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Add Brendan Morrison to the list of waived players.

3Satan and Roberts - waived! Empty Re: Satan and Roberts - waived! Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:21 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Morrison and Satan I understand. I'm surprised no one would offer a 5th or 6th for Roberts.

4Satan and Roberts - waived! Empty Re: Satan and Roberts - waived! Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:21 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Roberts to MTL IMO.
Satan to the Devils, because it sounds pretty cool.

5Satan and Roberts - waived! Empty Re: Satan and Roberts - waived! Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:22 pm

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie

hmmmm Pitts must be trying to clear room for somebody. I sure hope I get sick tomorrow so I can stay home from work haha.

Roberts makes sense since he's old and far past his prime with too big of contract. Satan just doesnt fit with Pitts and was a bad signing from the start. hopefully somebody picks him up.

6Satan and Roberts - waived! Empty Re: Satan and Roberts - waived! Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:23 pm

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie

i bet the devils get morrison. They always seem to pick up players they used to have in their org.

7Satan and Roberts - waived! Empty Re: Satan and Roberts - waived! Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:57 pm

Why Brendan Bell. That doesn't make sense.

8Satan and Roberts - waived! Empty Re: Satan and Roberts - waived! Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:03 pm

Is this a trade deadline or a grand waiver wire event?

9Satan and Roberts - waived! Empty Re: Satan and Roberts - waived! Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:07 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Aaron Voros as well - he had such a great start to the season and is still young.

All these waivings is going to hurt player values. Roberts can now be had for free, what does that do for the Sens and Neil?

This is honestly a mess - all these players, some with large contracts being waived. If nobody claism them you've got these guys eating up tonnes of cash in the minors, being bought out, ro traded for more useless garbage.

I heard the Pens want Armstrong back, and are even looking at Gaborik or someone on that level. What about Havlat? They could use Staal as a chip.

10Satan and Roberts - waived! Empty Re: Satan and Roberts - waived! Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Bell is the one that gets me - he's been better than Picard, and we are now short on D. Moreover, Bell is on a two-way contract, no? He's cheap also, so it can't be a cap issue.

Something's up - Murray either has someone coming in, or there was a dressing room issue.

Not to be a tin-foil hat type, but is it possible that he agreed to send Bell to NYI via waivers, but only if he resigns Comrie (thus they only pay half for this year)?

11Satan and Roberts - waived! Empty Re: Satan and Roberts - waived! Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:25 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Acrobat wrote:Bell is the one that gets me - he's been better than Picard, and we are now short on D. Moreover, Bell is on a two-way contract, no? He's cheap also, so it can't be a cap issue.

Something's up - Murray either has someone coming in, or there was a dressing room issue.

Not to be a tin-foil hat type, but is it possible that he agreed to send Bell to NYI via waivers, but only if he resigns Comrie (thus they only pay half for this year)?

Not a 100% sure, but I think we had to send someone down to put Gerber on re-entry waivers (again) -- or, at least, we would have to do that for sure tomorrow, if he cleared.

Remember, Bell is a funny case. He's on a 2-way deal, yes, but he has to clear waivers still to be re-assigned to the minors. I don't want to get into explaining waivers (yet again), but the short answer for "why so?" is that he's an older player (29, I believe) and he's no longer waiver exempt.

It's not for sure, then, but Bell may well end up back in Bingo. In any event, if Bingo was where we wanted him, we *had* to put him on waivers.

12Satan and Roberts - waived! Empty Re: Satan and Roberts - waived! Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:52 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

That's true (I recall your prior explanations), but I don't believe you have to put someone on waivers to pull someone up, just have to send someone down. Murray could just have (on paper) called up Lee, and promptly reassigned him to Bingo concurrent with calling up Gerber.

(didn't have to be Lee, could have been anyone who isn't at risk of being claimed)

13Satan and Roberts - waived! Empty Re: Satan and Roberts - waived! Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:05 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Satan is playing right now.... what's with allowing players who were waived to play in the game? That's weird. Imagine your team waiving you and expecting you to still play, when obviously they don't want you on the team for one reason or another.

14Satan and Roberts - waived! Empty Re: Satan and Roberts - waived! Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:11 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

I can just imagine the discussions with the coach and GM:

GM (to player): Well, son, we just don't think that you fit into our plans...

Player: I understand...

Coach: Grab your gear - you're first line PP tonight!

And these players are to feel motivated...how?

15Satan and Roberts - waived! Empty Re: Satan and Roberts - waived! Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:59 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:Satan is playing right now.... what's with allowing players who were waived to play in the game? That's weird. Imagine your team waiving you and expecting you to still play, when obviously they don't want you on the team for one reason or another.

Bell has an assist Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum